BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If we stay up

TBF though, almost every club in our league has changed manager at some point this season. We could have appointed any one in Senior's position and they would have made the same call. The problem before was the usual one under Venkys, I.e. No one to make a decision.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McClarky said:

TBF though, almost every club in our league has changed manager at some point this season. We could have appointed any one in Senior's position and they would have made the same call. The problem before was the usual one under Venkys, I.e. No one to make a decision.

They were probably hoping for a season of no irritations. I.e. they made the Coyle appointment in June, gave Cheston his budget and financial targets and left them to get on with it. Venkys probably quite happy to do nothing and hear nothing for another 12 months and as long as costs were coming down along with a couple of cash sales then they were reasonably happy with things. No targets on the pitch.

At some point the message has got through to them that we are facing relegation and with it all sorts of financial issues - plummeting revenues, falling value of the club etc. and they have decided to do something to try and change it. In true Venky fashion it came too late and wasn't what was needed in January - we needed quality players and a quality new manager. Their course was a recruit a scout as Director of Football and then seemingly give him nothing to work with.

Reading into what Senior said in the Forum meeting about his appointment in January and the 'concern' the owners had when appointing him it does seem that Pasha has got the message back to them about relegation and its consequences. So hopefully they are working on an exit strategy in the event it happens. Not holding my breath though.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Just looking at the PR "Rovers given timely boost by duo" no mention of relegation or another drop... Nothing

Thats the answer - chuck in two players that aren't match fit for the biggest game of our season.

I hope we stay up, simply because I want us to be one step away from the impossible dream, rather than two. My only real hope, is the somehow Venky's do one and we somehow, stay in the championship, for a while and become and established club again, at this level.

You need only to look at the now pinned thread on here, relating to the recent club meeting with the fans, to see what is happening at the club. We have decision makers at the club, who lie constantly and withhold important information from the fans, to look after their own interests. Whilst we have people like that at the club and the current owners, we have no chance of ever making things any better. As many people have stated in the past, I would take relegation now, if I knew that it meant, we were going to be Venky free in the near future. Sadly there is no guarantee of that and for that reason, I hope we stay up.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Mulgrew with one leg could do a better job than J Lowe but alas we know that Captain Fantastic could never be dropped.

Lowe only has a maximum of 3 games left as a Rovers player. His wages are never going to be matched here, so once his contract ends it thank you and goodnight.

• Backroom

Whether we stay up or go down, I'll be dreading August. Nothing good can be achieved here as long as Venky's "own" the club. To be blunt, optimism at this point is total and utter delusion. Considering the painful bleakness of our situation, though, maybe it's better to be deluded. 

10 hours ago, McClarky said:

Surely potting Senior is cost cutting and one I approve of !

Archived