BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Before it all kicks off, Mowbray's Message

“Try and enjoy it and be supportive of your club, recognise that we will lose games and it’s how we stick together and bounce back” Mowbray's message for the fans.

Great advice.  We will hit bumps in the road but we need to be the 12th man this season and get behind the players.  Nobody wants to be in this league and being supportive of the team, isn't being supportive of the owners.  As Rovers fans, we need and deserve some luck and joy. Let's hope our seven years of bad luck comes to an end and we can enjoy the football, results, wit and banter.

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit of a strange message to be putting out. The assumption or at least the hope should be that losing will be an extremely infrequent occurrence as opposed to the norm and as such shouldn't unduly worry players or supporters.

Strange? I think he's just being honest. We aren't going to win them all and the Ewood faithful don't hang about when it comes to giving both barrels. Hopefully we have a good start but apart from Kean' s brief run in the Championship (bleuargghh) I can't remember a season where we were in the top two or three straight away. Even when we do well and have promotion seasons, we are slow burners. 

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Strange? I think he's just being honest. We aren't going to win them all and the Ewood faithful don't hang about when it comes to giving both barrels. Hopefully we have a good start but apart from Kean' s brief run in the Championship (bleuargghh) I can't remember a season where we were in the top two or three straight away. Even when we do well and have promotion seasons, we are slow burners. 

We aren't going to win them all but we need to approach each game going into win it. Forget 46 games we need to just be looking at the next few at a time.

38 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

We aren't going to win them all but we need to approach each game going into win it. Forget 46 games we need to just be looking at the next few at a time.

Totally agree. This club has lacked so much and away from the circus, one of those things is winners with a winning mentality - whether that be players or certain past managers. 

Archived