BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darwen End Closure / New Singing Section

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Let’s have a rousing singing section in the Blackburn end that resonates across the ground.

The only part of the BBE that makes any noise is the right hand corner/back few rows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Waste of time.

About 100 fans trying to be heard against the thousands of DE away fans.

i know you 'glory hunters' only remember the last few games of last season, when the BBE actually woke up and remembered that they should support the team and not just 'spectate'

but, during the majority of the season

the Darwen End were the only part of the ground making any noise!

So you can shove your defeatist 'waste of time' attitude up your arse! ?

1 hour ago, barry_ said:

i know you 'glory hunters' only remember the last few games of last season, when the BBE actually woke up and remembered that they should support the team and not just 'spectate'

but, during the majority of the season

the Darwen End were the only part of the ground making any noise!

So you can shove your defeatist 'waste of time' attitude up your arse! ?

Don’t be shy barry, say what you really think. We’re all friends here.

It’s a problem you see with many allocated seating ‘ends’ in the era of all seater stadiums.

If I look around the Blackburn End, many of the faces are the same from when it was opened in 1994. Some of them would have been singers once, but they’ve got older and out of the habit.

But as folk have their allocated seats, any potential singers are scattered about.

The club should be encouraging a proper singing area, be it in a block of the main end - like Crystal Palace. Or a seperate stand - like Huddersfield, like Bristol City, in fact lots of clubs seem to be doing it - flags, banners etc. Looks and sounds great.

I get why the Darwen End was shut to home fans, but just unilaterally doing it with no consultation meant a proper singing section couldn’t get going for this season as fans just made their own arrangements.

But for the future I don’t see why one can’t get off the ground, just needs some proper organisation on both sides.

Edited by Mattyblue

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Waste of time.

About 100 fans trying to be heard against the thousands of DE away fans.

The task is to turn them into 2500 not disband or disperse them to the outer reaches of the stadium that could antagonise other supporters in those stands.

4 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

No next to the away fans is the answer. 

Why? Doesn’t do the Selhurst Park atmosphere any harm having them in the home end.

Doesnt matter where it is, you just need enough people. The 100 or so that remained singing in the Darwen End just didn’t have the numbers - plus as an aside  they stood as far away from the away fans as possible, in front of the Radio Rovers studio which I never got.

59 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Nothing more tinpot than a small group of lads giving it large to away support.

But you get that everywhere and always have now the days of traditional home 'ends' have died away. Ten years plus ago treks to Boro/Sunderland etc you had a little group in the corner next to the away fans giving it large all game.  Just not quite annoying as Boltons kiddies corner ! but it's not unusual we have some lads who fancy doing the same.

Just now, tomphil said:

But you get that everywhere and always have now the days of traditional home 'ends' have died away. Ten years plus ago treks to Boro/Sunderland etc you had a little group in the corner next to the away fans giving it large all game.  Just not quite annoying as Boltons kiddies corner ! but it's not unusual we have some lads who fancy doing the same.

Difference is a lot of other clubs have embraced those ‘giving it large’ groups and helped create ‘ultras’ sections if you want to call them that.

Boro are a good example, they moved away fans to a corner of a side stand and promoted the old away end as a singing section with all the banners and flags.

As usual, we just let these things wither on the vine.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Difference is a lot of other clubs have embraced those ‘giving it large’ groups and helped create ‘ultras’ sections if you want to call them that.

Boro are a good example, they moved away fans to a corner of a side stand and promoted the old away end as a singing section with all the banners and flags.

Agree although the likes of Palace and Huddersfield I just don't feel we have or ever have enough had enough of those types of fans to keep up relentless chanting whatever the score/form opposition even when we had the numbers coming.  Neither do Burnley although they've had a few pathetic attempts at it in the old longside, just the way it is in this area people need something on the pitch to rev them up so I don't think a section near the away fans would ever really catch fire.

Key for me would be getting it back to the centre of the BBE where it all used to grow from, that was always the traditional heartbeat of the ground but now it barely has a pulse.

You'd like to think so but....

They are riding the crest of a wave though to be fair a bit like Rovers did probably 26 years ago so when your stock is at the highest it's probably ever been in modern times I suppose it's easier to get people on board.

Another reason dingles are a disappointment after years of listening to their wind and piss about passionate support ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh I’m all for getting an “ultras” or singing section. But it should be BBurn end to get songs started.

Supporting the team, not just staring at away fans thinking they’re ten men and getting drowned out.

Comparing our current fanbase to most others is quite unfair. We’ve had our heart ripped out and it’s only after a season of success at a lower level that we have even started to find our voices again. Highlights for me are the Mulgrew/Dack and Smallwood songs creating our own heroes and actually signing about our own team. Lowlights were as fans started to head back towards the end of the season the songs about Bumley started to return. Let’s hope we can continue to promote our own lads without mentioning that lot.

It’ll be a while yet though until we are singing our hearts out again. And, while I’d definitely be an advocate for a safe standing or at least an unreserved seating area, I’m not convinced that we need to create an ultras section to do that.

• Like 5

This is what waggot (and the other non-football people in charge at Ewood) doesn't get.

You put away fans as far away from the pitch as you can to try to negate their support

Being 'pitchside' only increases the chance that away fans will be able to influence the game (at the cost of the home team).

Idiots FB_IMG_1533440402054.thumb.jpg.f1ca6fa40112e9a1f9ed6afbeb601688.jpg

Edited by barry_
  • Like 1