BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Fa cup 1st round starts this weekend ,many lower non league  clubs will be looking to cause some upsets .There's not many bigger ties than Chorley FC v Doncaster Rovers FC ( somehow Bt and BBC chose not to show live coverage?). Top of the league Chorley have sofar won 49 grand in prize money alone gate receipts will make this 60-70 grand.The FA have doubled there prize money this year 

BBC 2 are showing live highlights of 6 games Sunday including this match ,all 12 teams receive £12,500

If you would like to go and support the Lancashire lads v Yorkshire here's the details

Ko 12,45pm Sunday

12£ adults

9£ Concessions

5£ 12-16 years

Under 12 free

Tickets on sale from club shop from 10am til 5pm everyday

* Doncaster sold nearly 1000 sofar so this promises to be a very tasty cup tie atmosphere

Ring 01257 230007 for more details

Edited by Lancashire lad
  • Like 1

I can remember Chorley playing PNE in the FA Cup at Ewood in the mid 80s. Remember Preston infiltrated the BBE which was a mixture of Chorley/Rovers and it went off. It ended in a draw. Preston won the replay 5-0 at Deepdale.

Chorley beat Wolves at Burnden Park in the previous round. 

Memory like an elephant on such matters. The days of Pringle knitwear with lois cords with splits up each side at the bottom so they sat nice on the trainer and occasionly the Lois badge from the back was sewn on the bottom of one of the legs.Adidas Lendl Court trainers. Wedge cut hairstyle. 

Around 17/18 then. Great days.

Edited by CP Company Lad
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Chorley beat Wolves at Burnden Park in the previous round. 

I was at that game - from memory it ended up 3-0, quite a hammering. Its funny how people's memories play tricks on them. I was at that game with a lad who was a Rovers first teamer at the time and years later he swore that Steve Bull played for Wolves that night. He didn't (I think he might have been cup tied or something) but what a night for Chorley that was!

• Like 1

I went to the last round against Barrow and it was a cracking game.  I had a couple of pints in the pub where Nicky Reid is landlord and then on the game. Then into the wetherspoons after. Good day out!

Edited by DanLad

4 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I was at that game - from memory it ended up 3-0, quite a hammering. Its funny how people's memories play tricks on them. I was at that game with a lad who was a Rovers first teamer at the time and years later he swore that Steve Bull played for Wolves that night. He didn't (I think he might have been cup tied or something) but what a night for Chorley that was!

I didn't realise the game at Burnden Park was a 2nd replay after a 0-0 and 1-1. Must of been very poor back then the Dog Heads. Fancy getting done by a club like Chorley after making 2 draws initially. Shite. Don't like Wolves never have.

16 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

I didn't realise the game at Burnden Park was a 2nd replay after a 0-0 and 1-1. Must of been very poor back then the Dog Heads. Fancy getting done by a club like Chorley after making 2 draws initially. Shite. Don't like Wolves never have.

Wolves were a poor 4th Division team at the time. Then along came Bully.....

Edited by oldjamfan1

6 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Dog heads?

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Ooo cutting!

Ironic choice of word. They certainly did their fair share of that in the late 80s and 90s. Mugs. No problem with like minded lads having a set to but those clowns seemed to think flashing the steel was in order. Double the numbers was a trait of theirs also back in the day. Backfired on them in Blackpool on one famous occasion when they glassed a Leeds lad in the day then had the unfortunate luck of bumping into a big mob of us near the Manchester on the prom later on. The footage is widely available on YouTube. 

Fa cup fever as certainly gripped the lancashire market town ,feature on Granada reports last night tonight 6.30 live BBC north west news and TMZ live on football focus

Tickets have been flying off the shelves last few on sale from 10 am Saturday hope afew rovers can help cheer on there fellow lancastrians

Edited by Lancashire lad

20 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

Last time I was in Chorley was when we played at Bolton and we went there early doors for a drink. FC Scum were playing at Chorley on the same day ?

Carnage in the Prince of Wales and Market Tavern. ?

No disrespect mate but why do what seems like a lot of your posts have some veiled references to hooliganism and fighting. I can't speak for everyone but I find them tedious but more importantly pointless.

Just got in. Do I watch haringey or Sheffield derby. Choices. Decided to give the fa cup a go. 

Just seen a dog in the stand with a harringay scarf on. Maybe it's time to re open the dog for a quid debate down at ewood ?

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Last time I was in Chorley was when we played at Bolton and we went there early doors for a drink. FC Scum were playing at Chorley on the same day ?

Carnage in the Prince of Wales and Market Tavern. ?

Jesus I can just imagine you mate....your like a 80s throwback.  Did acid house not happen round your way?