BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which stadiums are your favourite ones? Football and other sports...

My favourite foreign stadiums:

La Bombonera (The Chocolate Box), extremely steep stadium in Argentina. The home of the famous Boca Juniors, the former club of Maradona:

http://www.worldofstadiums.com/south-america/argentine-republic/estadio-alberto-j-armando/

Estadio Azteca, the huge stadium in Mexico City which hosted two World Cup finals:

http://www.worldofstadiums.com/north-america/united-mexican-states/estadio-azteca/

The home of Borussia Dortmund, with "The Yellow Wall", the impressive standing section:

http://www.worldofstadiums.com/europe/germany/signal-iduna-park/

10 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

Blacksnape for me. You have a wonderful view of Darwen Tower when you are lying flat on your back after being clattered by the opposition centre half (Tyrone?).

What day in the last 30 years was it clear enough to see Darwen Tower from Blacksnape?  You usually couldn't see anything during the footy season because you eyeballs had frozen. 🙂

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

What day in the last 30 years was is clear enough to see Darwen Tower from Blacksnape?  You usually couldn't see anything during the footy season because you eyeballs had frozen. 🙂

Tripped over the cow pat in the fog....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 14/05/2021 at 07:58, perthblue02 said:

What day in the last 30 years was it clear enough to see Darwen Tower from Blacksnape?  You usually couldn't see anything during the footy season because you eyeballs had frozen. 🙂

If you can’t see Darwen Tower, it’s raining.

If you can see Darwen Tower, it’s about to rain. 😆

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

If you can’t see Darwen Tower, it’s raining.

If you can see Darwen Tower, it’s about to rain. 😆

At the moment Mark the Tower is surrounded by scaffolding as it's being renovated. From afar it looks like a rocket about to blast off from Cape Canaveral.

On 14/05/2021 at 02:58, perthblue02 said:

I have played football in a lot of places, but nowhere had harsher conditions than Blacksnape. It was never sunny, mostly raining, and always windy. 

When Klopp was early on in his Anfield tenure he commented that he understood why England struggled to play good football because it was always windy. It took him a while to get used to it. 

15 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I have played football in a lot of places, but nowhere had harsher conditions than Blacksnape. It was never sunny, mostly raining, and always windy. 

When Klopp was early on in his Anfield tenure he commented that he understood why England struggled to play good football because it was always windy. It took him a while to get used to it. 

I always thought the smaller school-sized pitches across the road from Blacksnape, know locally as Sett End or Roman Road, were even more exposed to be honest. However I once played a game against YMCA in Mellor in the middle of December and it was easily the coldest I’ve ever been on a football pitch. The pitch was very exposed to the elements and it was driving hailstone (no joke when you’re bald like me!)

We won 11-0 that day and our keeper, Steve Walmsley, needed a welder at the end of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I always thought the smaller school-sized pitches across the road from Blacksnape, know locally as Sett End or Roman Road, were even more exposed to be honest. However I once played a game against YMCA in Mellor in the middle of December and it was easily the coldest I’ve ever been on a football pitch. The pitch was very exposed to the elements and it was driving hailstone (no joke when you’re bald like me!)

We won 11-0 that day and our keeper, Steve Walmsley, needed a welder at the end of the game. 

The school pitches were really exposed Andy with it being absolutely wide open and atop a mountain. The walk to and from the changing room along Roman Road with no pavement was also a little hairy. I remember playing at Blacksnape one particularly cold day and one of our players, Derek Ormston was treated for hypothermia by the St Johns Ambulance staff in the changing rooms. His lips were blue and he couldn't move and only after some time swathed in blankets could be function.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

The school pitches were really exposed Andy with it being absolutely wide open and atop a mountain. The walk to and from the changing room along Roman Road with no pavement was also a little hairy. I remember playing at Blacksnape one particularly cold day and one of our players, Derek Ormston was treated for hypothermia by the St Johns Ambulance staff in the changing rooms. His lips were blue and he couldn't move and only after some time swathed in blankets could be function.

Happy days Tony 😂😂😂

• Like 3