BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

As the Welsh Number One, you would think he'd want first team regular football. He won't get that with Samba ahead of him. Unless it's some sneaky move to get Premier League wages and be shipped out on loan to a Championship club.

Forest have let one of their keeper joined Luton on loan and Samba wants to leave Forest now. 

Forest this morning signed United keeper Dean Henderson on loan 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it a modern day phenomenon to put so much focus on "style of play?"

No, they isn't but if you want to attract fans who are floating fans then entertaining them is one way to get their interest up and willing to buy tickets again. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Forest have let one of their keeper joined Luton on loan and Samba wants to leave Forest now. 

No, they isn't but if you want to attract fans who are floating fans then entertaining them is one way to get their interest up and willing to buy tickets again. 

You are much more likely to get floating fans back by winning games, we have seen a correlation with success and attendances.

You don't base your style of play on what is the most likely to attract floating fans, you base it solely (or should) on what will get the best results.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

if you want entertainment then go to the cinema,circus or wherever😉

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You are much more likely to get floating fans back by winning games, we have seen a correlation with success and attendances.

Each floating fan will be different. You can't put them into one group and is unfair to do so. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You don't base your style of play on what is the most likely to attract floating fans, you base it solely (or should) on what will get the best results.

No you based on what formation and style you play on what suits the players you have in your squad. I think JDT's style will suit our squad and how he wants to play

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Each floating fan will be different. You can't put them into one group and is unfair to do so. 

No you based on what formation and style you play on what suits the players you have in your squad. I think JDT's style will suit our squad and how he wants to play

Yes, with the aim of winning the maximum number of points possible.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If the style of play doesn’t suit the players skill set we’re in big trouble. Or should I say the manager is, you can’t sack all  the players so it’s the manager who usually has to go.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes, with the aim of winning the maximum number of points possible.

so I am right what I have said then. 

If you have prefer style of play but not the players to play that style you have 2 options, signs players that fit that style or change or adapt your formations and style

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If the style of play doesn’t suit the players skill set we’re in big trouble. Or should I say the manager is, you can’t sack all  the players so it’s the manager who’ll have to go.

I believe the style of play JDT wants to play will suit our squad

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so I am right what I have said then. 

If you have prefer style of play but not the players to play that style you have 2 options, signs players that fit that style or change or adapt your formations and style

You have moved way off the initial point as per usual.

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why did attendances go up markedly from last November?

Because we were winning every week. If we’d have carried on in mid table, but were ‘playing the right way’, crowds would have stated static.

I believe the style of play JDT wants to play will suit our squad

If he’s learnt anything in his career that’s what he’ll do. Not like Mowbray who thought he’d have us playing like City. We’d have 65% of the ball and lose 2-1 every week. He’d seen Mahrez play out wide right and thought “ Who’s got a good left foot in the squad ? “ “Oh I know that left back I’ve just signed ——-fancy playing on the right wing son ? “

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

You have moved way off the initial point as per usual.

not at all. The points are more than valid and to the initial point

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Why did attendances go up markedly from last November?

Because we were winning every week. If we’d have carried on in mid table, but were ‘playing the right way’, crowds would have stated static.

cos we were playing good football and winning Matty

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If he’s learnt anything in his career that’s what he’ll do. Not like Mowbray who thought he’d have us playing like City. We’d have 65% of the ball and lose 2-1 every week. He’d seen Mahrez play out wide right and thought “ Who’s got a good left foot in the squad ? “ “Oh I know that left back I’ve just signed ——-fancy playing on the right wing son ? “

Typical Mowbray that

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong. It’s because we were winning, end of. Performances improve by default because winning breeds confidence, but it is the successful team that gets folk through that door. It creates atmosphere, a buzz around the area, momentum, publicity, people want to be part of it, especially if promotion is the prize.

If a team plays lovely football but doesn’t turn enough performances into wins and remains about 9th, crowds, like the team, go nowhere.

(Can’t believe I’m even having to explain this).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

not at all. The points are more than valid and to the initial point

Typical Mowbray that

Have you ever come off a Rovers game dissatisfied after we have won?

Conversely, have you ever come off a Rovers game in which we have lost but feeling thoroughly entertained and satisfied?

Edited by roversfan99

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Wrong. It’s because we were winning, end of. Performances improve by default because winning breeds confidence, but it is the successful team that gets folk through that door. It creates atmosphere, a buzz around the area, momentum, publicity, people want to be part of it, especially if promotion is the prize.

If a team plays lovely football but doesn’t turn enough performances into wins and remains about 9th, crowds, like the team, go nowhere.

(Can’t believe I’m even having to explain this).

well Matty we have to agree to disagree but I stand by my points. 

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Have you ever come off a Rovers game dissatisfied after we have won?

Conversely, have you ever come off a Rovers game in which we have lost but feeling thoroughly entertained and satisfied?

I wouldn't say dissatisfied is the correct word but felt lucky to win the game or not enjoyed how we played in the game cos the wrong tactics or team selection was picked even tho we eventually won the game. That is under most managers in the last 30 years. 

Have you to both questions. 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well Matty we have to agree to disagree but I stand by my points. 

I wouldn't say dissatisfied is the correct word but felt lucky to win the game or not enjoyed how we played in the game cos the wrong tactics or team selection was picked even tho we eventually won the game. That is under most managers in the last 30 years. 

Have you to both questions. 

Always happy when we win and always annoyed when we lose. My mood/satisfaction is determined by the result.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

I'm firmly in the camp of winning football, regardless of style. Whilst I'm not holding it against JDT wanting to entertain the fans and play an effective passing game, it has to produce points. It rarely does, unfortunately, because we don't have the guile to carry it out, but JDT is a new man with different ideas, and deserves his chance to make it work. Something that's nice to watch, such as fast and incisive passing, would be a bonus. As long as it wins matches or gets you results that exceed your expectations.

@longsiders1882 will surely correct me here because I don't know too much about the goings on, but my gut feeling is that Dyche had far less control over matters last season than under the previous regime. I think that's why they faltered, even if they were making £10m+ signings for exciting overseas players. I think Dyche is a man who, if given his way and his advice heeded to the full, you can grind out results to keep in the Premier League.

Well, that may be tripe, but when all is said and done, we should know better than any other club when there comes a point where you need to freshen up and make a change before it becomes toxic and full of disillusionment. Mowbray overachieved by some distance last season if our predictions were anything to go by. I expected us to finish comfortably in the lower half of the table with a possible relegation battle on our hands. We were nowhere near either of those. Finishing 8th and being in the race for the automatics at the half way point were far more than anybody here could honestly say they anticipated. Yet most of us are glad to see the back of him and were desperate for a mass overhaul of the management team. I'm not sure the feeling is as strong up the road regarding Dyche, but it just gets to a point where it's probably best for both parties to go their separate ways. Sometimes it's just time to go, and I think Dyche's time, as resourceful a manager as he is, was up. He'll have no problems getting a job in a high-end Championship side, and possibly even a lower end Premier League side.

Largely correct. He’d had to get by on a shoestring since we finished 7th. I honestly think the old owners bottled it when they needed to take some calculated risks. So we end up with a squad of increasing age and diminishing quality and the need to play pragmatic attritional football to stay in the league. I think in the end there was fatigue all round. I wouldn’t have pulled the trigger personally but we are where we are. 

I am assuming right now he’s still on the payroll as they won’t want to pay out his full contract. I imagine they are hoping he gets a job offer and they can then negotiate a lower figure or something. Financially he’s set for life. I can see him going to a West Brom type club. It will be interesting to see if he can repeat his success. Whatever happens he will remain a legend for me. Those fans wishing to denigrate his achievements with us are  just deluded fools who can’t see how on the back of Dyche’s success we have been able to drag the club forward so far forwards we are unrecognisable from where we were when he came in.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Raphinha and Cornet... Are Chelsea deliberately looking for a mid-table finish next season?

I think Raphinha would have been a good signing for Chelsea but Barca want him. Would have suited the right side attacking role. 

On Cornet, guess he would be squad player there but Chelsea seems to want to revamp their squad and Thomas Tuchel is more under the new ownership there plus Todd Bohely being massive involved aswell

Another one in the door today, Samuel Bastien. Not been able to find out much about him so far.

And just on my rants about hacks who know nothing spouting nonsense. Some Journo called Alex Crook has said ‘I heard a whisper earlier this week – I’ve not been able to completely back it up, yet – but Josh Brownhill from Burnley could also be on his way to West Ham, I think he’s available on a free transfer.” – said Crook ‘

I mean anyone with a smartphone can check Brownhills contract status however from memory he’s under contract until 2025 as I recall so I really doubt he’ll be going anywhere for free. I’m sure he’ll happily go to West Ham but I would imagine we will want around 15 million for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Another one in the door today, Samuel Bastien. Not been able to find out much about him so far.

And just on my rants about hacks who know nothing spouting nonsense. Some Journo called Alex Crook has said ‘I heard a whisper earlier this week – I’ve not been able to completely back it up, yet – but Josh Brownhill from Burnley could also be on his way to West Ham, I think he’s available on a free transfer.” – said Crook ‘

I mean anyone with a smartphone can check Brownhills contract status however from memory he’s under contract until 2025 as I recall so I really doubt he’ll be going anywhere for free. I’m sure he’ll happily go to West Ham but I would imagine we will want around 15 million for him. 

Uve let two keepers go who is number 1 this season 

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

We were hanging back to see what happened with Saha. Looks like we’ll have to start again now.