BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager (Dis)Appointment

Managerial (Dis)Appointment?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. When do you expect the new Manager will be announced?

• Today or Tomorrow
    • Later this week.
    • Not this week.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/22 at 16:00

It’s not the first time this has happened. When we sacked Dally Duncan in July 1960 after the Cup Final debacle we wanted to sign Jack Marshall who was managing Rochdale at the time. Rochdale wouldn’t let him leave until they’d line up a replacement so Rovers had actually played 6 games with no manager before Marshall came in September 1960.

Results - won 3, drew 1, lost 2.

• Like 1

Absolute shambles. The play off race ended a couple of matches before the end of the season. At that point it was nailed on that TM was going, how on earth are we still doing interviews a few days before the players return??

7 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Surely Rich Sharpe has to be searching for answers and asking Waggot some uncomfortable questions. I can understand his job is difficult. But it's just plain obvious this process has gone wildly wrong 

We might very well be looking back in a few months, when everything has gone tits up, at not being able to bring in Carvalhal because our shambles set up tried to impose Lowe and Benson onto him.

Shambles

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Surely Rich Sharpe has to be searching for answers and asking Waggot some uncomfortable questions. I can understand his job is difficult. But it's just plain obvious this process has gone wildly wrong 

Hes been asking for an interview with Waggot for months about Mowbrays position and season tickets !

So i wouldn't be expecting much from him in regards to this.

The club seem to dictate the LTs narrative these days without any fear of being called out on anything.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

Hes been asking for an interview with Waggot for months about Mowbrays position and season tickets !

So i wouldn't be expecting much from him in regards to this.

The club seem to dictate the LTs narrative these days without any fear of being called out on anything.

Then an article on the deafening silence is needed and publicly calling Waggot into question. If I were Sharpe, I'd possibly wait until the new manager is appointed, to precent too much damage. But this is a shambles. We're a laughing stock again! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Then an article on the deafening silence is needed and publicly calling Waggot into question. If I were Sharpe, I'd possibly wait until the new manager is appointed, to precent too much damage. But this is a shambles. We're a laughing stock again! 

That suggests that we stopped being a laughing stock at some point.