BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

10 hours ago, roverandout said:

Souness was a gobshite pundit. Still a great rovers manager 

why was he Gobshite? He spoken the truth and was open and honest with fans

6 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Sky don't want pundits like Souness. Too controversial! Toe the line or you're out.

Roy Keane will be the next one out  don't know if anyone saw it but, Rio  & can't remember who the other guy was,  tore jernaine jenas a new one the other night. Great tv, but not the sky way! I know it was BT before anyone corrects me.

yet Souness has been working for 4 years for Sky under Comcast ownership. The debates between Souness, Neville, Keane and Redknapp have been good ones. Neville, Keane and Carragher have done The overlap show and talks to fans directly and answer questions. The overlap show is available on Youtube by the way. 

BT Sport will be no longer after this season but know as TNT Sports after Warner Bros Discovery bought them

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why was he Gobshite? He spoken the truth and was open and honest with fans

yet Souness has been working for 4 years for Sky under Comcast ownership. The debates between Souness, Neville, Keane and Redknapp have been good ones. Neville, Keane and Carragher have done The overlap show and talks to fans directly and answer questions. The overlap show is available on Youtube by the way. 

BT Sport will be no longer after this season but know as TNT Sports after Warner Bros Discovery bought them

Because he was always critical of certain players

Souness amazed me when, facing a situation of injured and suspended players like Short and Tugay and facing "the mighty" Spurs who expected a stroll in the park in the League Cup Final, picked Henning Berg at centre back, Tiny Taylor at right back and the ageing Mark Hughes in midfield alongside Dunn.

Pundits were saying Hughes would be withdrawn at half time. Then they said he wouldn't last the second half. He played the whole game.

What a great manager to be so bold. I love watching this game over and over again.

• Like 7

• Backroom

Souey was a great manager for us until the final season or so, and even then he left before he could damage his legacy.

As far as being a pundit, much like Keane he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to call out stupid comments made by other pundits, which is refreshing. His Liverpool bias can be annoying, but that aside he was worth listening to. 

• Backroom

Everton running out of matches at this point. 2-1 down at half time, and their next four games are Brighton, Man City, Wolves and Bournemouth. They'd be expected to lose the first two, which means they'd likely need to get maximum points from Wolves and Bournemouth to stand a chance of staying up. Looking increasingly dire for them as things stand. 

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

He’s a has been nowadays for me. 

Tyler, Morton and Tyldesley are my favourites and who I grew up listening commentary on the games. 

23 minutes ago, DE. said:

Everton running out of matches at this point. 2-1 down at half time, and their next four games are Brighton, Man City, Wolves and Bournemouth. They'd be expected to lose the first two, which means they'd likely need to get maximum points from Wolves and Bournemouth to stand a chance of staying up. Looking increasingly dire for them as things stand. 

Everton can't defend 

• Backroom

Ends in a draw, ultimately a better result for Leicester as it drags them out of the relegation zone and they can now say their fate is in their own hands. Everton in huge trouble now. They're going to have to hope Leeds and Forest essentially lose all their remaining games - which, admittedly, is entirely possible for both when you look at their run ins. Leeds could easily lose all of their remaining games, whilst Forest will most likely have to beat Southampton and get one more point to survive.

Could be an extremely low points tally for relegation this season. 

36 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Leeds consider sacking Javi Gracia and hiring third manager of season | Leeds United | The Guardian

Twitter link in article showing the players walking past young fans and ignoring them. Leeds fans not happy. 

I’m not going to say who,  but a couple of weeks ago a Leeds player visited where my other half works and went out of his way to have a long chat with her colleague who supports them. 

Edited by wilsdenrover

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Martin Tyler is was a great commentator and lets hope he stays on  retires

His time is up and for me, that has been the case for years. He's a mumbling waste of space now and simply spends too much time talking to Neville and not telling the fee paying audience what is happening on the pitch. Mind you that seems a common practice with many of the TV commentators these days. 

Edited by Ianrally