BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

I thought I would start a thread for the coming season for the PL. 

City and Liverpool have both signed 1 player. Both looks like they are strengthen and I would expect those 2 challenging for the title and I think Spurs will be there challenging. 

Chelsea need to strength and it will interest to see where and how much money they spend under their new owners. 

Think Arsenal and Manchester United need signings. I think Ten Hag will need time and to rebuild them if he can. 

Everton are in takeover talks and might be under new ownership shortly. Everton takeover: Peter Kenyon, real estate boss and billionaire behind bid to buy out Farhad Moshiri (msn.com)

Fixtures are out tomorrow aswell. 

Spurs are quietly putting a very good squad together. Perisic is a quality addition. Bissouma is a steal at £25m. It's baffling that Arsenal and United have let that happen without a fight.

Spurs just need to sort their defence out now, imo. They are apparently chasing Djed Spence and Pau Torres. Get them in and they will be looking good. Enough for a title charge? Not sure, as City and Liverpool are miles ahead of the competition. Conte isn't one to just settle for a top 4 place though. It was all he could do in the season just gone, but he'll be going for the top prize next season.

• Like 1

I wonder what the Man U hierarchy are thinking today; ESPN - Pochettino sacked by PSG.

I'm sure that they have wanted him for years. They could have waited a month and got him for nothing. Instead they are pinning everything on ten Hag.

Either way they aren't catching Liverpool or City. Chelsea and Spurs are better than them too.

Some of you might have heard about United CEO, Richard Arnold, recently staving off a fan protest that was due to be held outside his home, by agreeing to meet with fans in a local pub instead to discuss their concerns.

Well done Arnold for telling the public that money isn't an issue for United in terms of De Jong or any other signings. That will have clubs rubbing their hands together when United get in touch about a player.

Below are a couple of links to the story.

Interestingly, the Daily Mirror one has a full transcript of what was said by Arnold.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61856219

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/richard-arnold-manutd-every-word-27273766

A quote that struck me was this when he talks about the club wasting £1bn since Fergie left.

"We have spent more than anyone in Europe. I'm not thrilled where we are. It doesn't sit easy with me and I worry how we get this sorted for the future".

For a United CEO to tell United fans he's worried about how they are going to fix things going forward is quite something. We're actually lucky that Swag has a blueprint and plans in mind for Rovers in the future!

It's also interesting how Arnold has thrown their DoF, John Murtough, under the spotlight. He's basically told the fans, the money is there and not an issue, Murtough and Ten Hag need to get on with the signings. I can't make the signings for them.

The planned protest was called off after this meeting. A relief for Arnold but he has been getting stick from the media for some of his comments. Here's Simon Jordan's take on it:

It looks like he was pushed into talking to the fans as the alternative was them pitching up outside his house. He managed to avoid that, but what of his comments?

If Arnold wants to know how to become friends with unhappy fans and how to turn the situation in his favour, there's only one man he needs to contact. Get on the phone to Swag! That man has it down to a fine art.

• Moderation Lead

As I understand it, the fans were planning to go to his house, but met in the pub nearby first. Arnold got wind of that and went down to buy them a drink and talk.

Where I think it’s fallen down is the fan secretly filming him, then sharing it online. Otherwise, it would have been a decent thing all around…

Arsenal have given Eddie Nketiah a new five year deal on £100k a week and Henry's number 14 shirt. They had the chance to sell him to Palace this summer, but have made a big fanfare about wanting him to stay etc. He isn't anywhere close to being an Arsenal calibre forward, in my view. That's one less striker that Kroenke has to shell out a big transfer fee for in the summer window.

To add to the cringe all round, fans can now leave him a voice message on WhatsApp to congratulate him on his new deal. Arsenal and United are done, by the looks of it.

FViUzToWAAAeKmO.thumb.jpeg.517118b6d2158a2f182fa413585e49de.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Man City set to sign Phillips from Leeds for 42 million pounds. 

Good signing for them and for England going forward

How so? He is not going to start as Rodri is as good as you get in front of the back 4, so he is a very expensive squad player.

And the fact that he won't start will not be good for him as an England player.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How so? He is not going to start as Rodri is as good as you get in front of the back 4, so he is a very expensive squad player.

And the fact that he won't start will not be good for him as an England player.

Playing with better quality players like Kevin De Bruyne, Erling Haaland and Phil Foden will improve him plus playing for the best manager in the world. He will improve massively. 

He will play games there. Its a squad game now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mark Warburton has joined West Ham coaching staff

Is this gonna be a new thing now, championship first team managers moving to prem clubs as assistants? First Critchley, now Warburton. I know he was out of work but given his previous job and I'd say he's about championship level.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Whilst Kalvin Phillips was injured for a lot of last season, Declan Rice is definitely superior to him. Though I imagine, apart from money, he’s probably thinking of how other players have improved under Guardiola and probably ‘I want a bit of that’. Though, he’s obviously a fair way to go to be anywhere approaching Rodri’s level.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mark Warburton has joined West Ham coaching staff

Who has alligator skin wallpaper? Weird.

Edit - sorry, forgot the Sullivan and Gold connection. Would be weird if they _didn't_ have alligator skin wallpaper!

Edited by DanLad
The penny dropped

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Is this gonna be a new thing now, championship first team managers moving to prem clubs as assistants? First Critchley, now Warburton. I know he was out of work but given his previous job and I'd say he's about championship level.

I know what you mean but I think it was clever move by Moyes to bring in Warburton to replace Pearce. 

• 2 weeks later...

I find the potential signing of Eriksen by United to be a bit peculiar. From the players perspective I can only presume that a 3 year deal on good money is the best financial package for his last big move. From a footballing perspective, will he and Fernandes fit together in the same team, especially considering the other numerous flaws in the team? As good as Eriksen is.