BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would think that Armstrong is perhaps one of the least popular players in a Rovers shirt in recent years considering his personal performances on the pitch.

Unsure if maybe the fact that much of his goalscoring came when it was behind closed doors, and also if because we tend to (by luck or by judgement) tend to regularly have goalscorers, even Rhodes, Graham, Dack and now Brereton that the crazy goal tally that he scored is somewhat underappreciated.

Not overly surprised that like Rhodes he was unable to make the step up, it is a huge step that most Championship players suffer with.

When have any of those players you mention ever be underappreciated by fans?

11 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think Conte and Spurs might surprise a few this season, and be as well placed as anyone to take advantage of any Man City slip up.

I think you are spot on there. They got goalscorers outside of Kane and Son now. They won 4-1 at the weekend without Kane and Son scoring

• Like 4

I think Newcastle are trying to play to the gallery with their summer business.  They know they are highly unpopular with other supporters especially considering their owner's less than scrupulous history.  Had they been owned by anyone other than some oil rich Arabs they would have splashed the cash on more glamorous names

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I would think that Armstrong is perhaps one of the least popular players in a Rovers shirt in recent years considering his personal performances on the pitch.

Unsure if maybe the fact that much of his goalscoring came when it was behind closed doors, and also if because we tend to (by luck or by judgement) tend to regularly have goalscorers, even Rhodes, Graham, Dack and now Brereton that the crazy goal tally that he scored is somewhat underappreciated.

Not overly surprised that like Rhodes he was unable to make the step up, it is a huge step that most Championship players suffer with.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there - he was pretty popular player before the lockdown and the start of his really prolific form, so I think he would've got plenty of adulation from fans had they actually been there to show it. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, roverandout said:

I think Newcastle are trying to play to the gallery with their summer business.  They know they are highly unpopular with other supporters especially considering their owner's less than scrupulous history.  Had they been owned by anyone other than some oil rich Arabs they would have splashed the cash on more glamorous names

Think it's more to do with Financial Fair Play to be fair, they're on a limited budget and can't afford the outlay on lots of big names

• Like 1

5 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

Luděk Mikloško: underrated Rovers hero

The standing ovation he got from all 4 sides of Ewood when WHU played us in the 95/96 season was amazing, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that before or since.

• Like 2

• Backroom
16 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The standing ovation he got from all 4 sides of Ewood when WHU played us in the 95/96 season was amazing, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that before or since.

Not quite the same, but I remember Henry scoring a genuinely fabulous goal in off the bar after  1-2 with Fabregas before he left Arsenal.

When he was subbed off, all 4 sides of Ewood stood and applauded.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Not quite the same, but I remember Henry scoring a genuinely fabulous goal in off the bar after  1-2 with Fabregas before he left Arsenal.

When he was subbed off, all 4 sides of Ewood stood and applauded.

Shearer also got a full-ground standing ovation when he scored for Newcastle about 20 years ago to make it 2-1 in a game that finished (I think) 5-2 to Rovers as it was his 300th career goal.

Edited by oldjamfan1

Front Row left to Right

Peter Beardsley Everton, Gordon Strachan Leeds, don't know, Andy Sinton QPR, John Salako Palace, Andy Ritcher Oldham, don't know. 

Middle 

Only Hans Sagers

Top row left to Right

Tim sherwood Rovers, Tim Flowers Saints, John Wark Ipswich, Mark Wright Liverpool, Vinnie Jones Chelsea, don't know, Lee Sharpe Man Utd, David Hirst Sheffield Wednesday 

Following on from chaddy

Dalian Atkinson villa?

anders limpar arsenal ?

gordon durie spurs ?

steve lomas city ?

Edit. I was going to put a number so everyone else could have a go but seemed a bit pointless 😅

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Front Row left to Right

Peter Beardsley Everton, Gordon Strachan Leeds, don't know, Andy Sinton QPR, John Salako Palace, Andy Ritcher Oldham, don't know. 

Middle 

Only Hans Sagers

Top row left to Right

Tim sherwood Rovers, Tim Flowers Saints, John Wark Ipswich, Mark Wright Liverpool, Vinnie Jones Chelsea, don't know, Lee Sharpe Man Utd, David Hirst Sheffield Wednesday 

Do you know your left from your right Chaddy?

• Like 2