BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Fancy losing 4-0 to fourth division Brentford a week after losing at home to third division Brighton.

still stuck in this old age mentality about these clubs. Both of these clubs deserved to be in PL and whether you like it or not. 

• Like 4

Just now, Ossydave said:

How the hell is Neville lumping all the blame on the owners?

Yes they are awful and need to go, but they aren't on the pitch.

I understand your point but the owners do appoint the CEO and they appointed Woodward as David Gill successor and he overseen this pathetic spell since Ferguson and Gill left. 

When they were replacement Woodward why didn't they look out side the club and appoint someone like Ajax CEO Van Der Sar. 

But they are massive problems within the transfer and recruitment department, the youth set up there, etc. 

Its a totally mess there. No easy or quick fix there

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

How the hell is Neville lumping all the blame on the owners?

Yes they are awful and need to go, but they aren't on the pitch.

The signings aren't great though. Basically it all seems to have ended for Manure when Ferguson retired.

Extraordinary really. They seem to have gone through more mangers than we have!

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Forest have signed 14 new players thus summer.  I think Cooper is letting being in the epl go to his head 

I think Cooper (and the club's management) are doing exactly the right thing. It's taken Forest many years to get back to the Premier League and they don't want to go down in their first season. By buying better quality players and making the squad bigger they're given themselves a more than even chance of succeeding

There's no such entity as the EPL by the way

20 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I think Cooper (and the club's management) are doing exactly the right thing. It's taken Forest many years to get back to the Premier League and they don't want to go down in their first season. By buying better quality players and making the squad bigger they're given themselves a more than even chance of succeeding

As for your first point.  I think he's acting like a kid in a candy store.  Your second point. Are u always such a Camudgen? I call it epl because its easier to say and yes it Is a real thing. Like the spl. 

Edited by roverandout

38 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

We'll have to wait and see if Forest's approach works. There is an article by Jonathan Wilson in today's Observer querying whether the number of incoming transfers - now 15 and counting - is sensible, citing cases like Fulham in 2018-19 and QPR in 2011-12 who also embarked on spending sprees that did not pay off. The article points out that the promoted teams who have done best, like Brentford, Leeds and Wolves, have had a clearly defined philosophy and a well practised style. That might be difficult to maintain with a large number of new players.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

The signings aren't great though. Basically it all seems to have ended for Manure when Ferguson retired.

Extraordinary really. They seem to have gone through more mangers than we have!

The same thing when Busby retired.I don't know if they have / had a big say in matters Long may it continue

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought you said last week that the problems there only started last season?

wrong again Matty, but as you do you don't follow what I have said for nearly 12 months about the situation. Before last season they finished 2nd and were on the up somewhat but then last season they exploded badly and gone back massively. I will say again Signing Ronaldo was the last thing they needed. OLS didn't want him IMO and that upset the entire squad and everything. Yes they were massive problems over the years since Sir Alex Ferguson in terms of proper recruitment and transfer strategy, signing the wrong players, youth development, etc.

The lack of proper transfer plan is more evidence to see this summer despite a new manager being appointed and Director of Football John Murtough who has been in place for nearly 18 months. Now questions are starting to happen about how he is performing in that role. 

Man Utd are rotten from the board room to the youth team. Ten Haag will need at least 3 years to have a chance of a top 4 finish. You could sell all the 1st team squad to whoever wants them and not lose much sleep as they have no on the pitch intelligence, desire or ability to improve. However, doing that will expose for of the youngsters to the 1st team, and the famed youth set up has not really produced much great talent. Some reasonable Premier league players, but no amazing stars that would feature in a top team.

Who really cares about what's gone wrong at Old Trafford? It's a horrible club and most of their fans are the same. They look down on Rovers and clubs like us and it's wonderful to see them continuing to struggle. Let's wallow in their big defeat at a fourth division club. Liverpool up next I believe 😀

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Man Utd are rotten from the board room to the youth team. Ten Haag will need at least 3 years to have a chance of a top 4 finish. You could sell all the 1st team squad to whoever wants them and not lose much sleep as they have no on the pitch intelligence, desire or ability to improve. However, doing that will expose for of the youngsters to the 1st team, and the famed youth set up has not really produced much great talent. Some reasonable Premier league players, but no amazing stars that would feature in a top team.

United lack a proper transfer strategy there right now. I mention 6 players who they should have been looking to sign and would fit into Ten Hag tactical plan and style. 

Didn't their under 21's lose 5-1 to Palace under 21's on Friday night?

On 04/08/2022 at 16:45, chaddyrovers said:

Ronaldo isn't fit is he? plus he has upset Ten Hag again by going home early from a game. 

Time to get rid of him and the problems at United started when they re-signed him. They will be better team without him IMO. 

This you?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

We'll have to wait and see if Forest's approach works. There is an article by Jonathan Wilson in today's Observer querying whether the number of incoming transfers - now 15 and counting - is sensible, citing cases like Fulham in 2018-19 and QPR in 2011-12 who also embarked on spending sprees that did not pay off. The article points out that the promoted teams who have done best, like Brentford, Leeds and Wolves, have had a clearly defined philosophy and a well practised style. That might be difficult to maintain with a large number of new players.

The point is, Forest owners have invested heavily to give the manager his best possible chance of survival. The manager can't complain at the lack of resources given to him and neither can the fans at the investment in the club - they must be delighted. Cooper has been given the tools to keep Forest in the Premier League, now it's up to him. Given the money spent, if he doesn't keep them up Forest could be entitled to sack him 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a mess United are in. I bet Ten Hag wish he had never took that job on. You can blame him for small part of the mess but the people who fault it is at the club is owners, boardroom and the people responsible for the signings, scouting and recruitment cos over the last 10 years its been pathetic overall apart from a couple of season under OLS there. 

So this April they appoint Ten Hag on the back on several interviews and recommends from Rangrick, Murtough(director of football there and Arnold (CEO there), but they appears to have no proper overall footballing recruitment in place. Ten Hag seems not to trust them and wants to sign players he knows from either working with them or playing against them in Holland. Its a right mess. They should have target Tielemans from Leicester, Rice at West Ham or Philips from Leeds before he went to Man City, Tomori from AC Milan, Frimpong from Leverkusen, Werner at Chelsea before he moved to Leipzig, David at Lille. 6 signings who would have improved that squad massively and instead its still the totally and utter shambles still. 

A couple of United supporting work colleagues are fuming after that game and I imagine they still be come Monday night at Work. 

Timo Werner?! Would a non scoring striker have helped?

Their best season since Ferguson was under Mourinho who also finished 2nd but also won 2 trophies for them.

One thing I think they need to do is stop trying to involve Alex Ferguson in any way. He was such a good manager but his constant presence creates unnecessary pressure.

Also, if there is genuine interest in Rashford from PSG, they should snap their hands off. Overrated, lazy and never scores.

Sancho is up there with the biggest wastes of money in recent memory too.

• Like 1