BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

Wolves are run by an agent (Mendes?) On behalf of some Chinese guys who provide the money. The agent has a lot of contacts in Portugal, which is why they're all from there. Sure, it's probably 3rd party ownership, which is against the rules here but when have the rules mattered?

After all we were/still are in a similar situation and the Premier League, FA et Al did nothing.

• Like 3

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Wolves are run by an agent (Mendes?) On behalf of some Chinese guys who provide the money. The agent has a lot of contacts in Portugal, which is why they're all from there. Sure, it's probably 3rd party ownership, which is against the rules here but when have the rules mattered?

After all we were/still are in a similar situation and the Premier League, FA et Al did nothing.

Sounds somewhat familiar.

I thought that if you had third party owned players then your punishment was guaranteed Premier League football and a free stadium.

• Moderation Lead

There had been that much risky passing around at the back in this Chelsea and Leeds game, it’s no surprise Mendy has mugged himself right off just now and cost his team a goal!

My fantasy football team was going really well until just then….

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

There had been that much risky passing around at the back in this Chelsea and Leeds game, it’s no surprise Mendy has mugged himself right off just now and cost his team a goal!

My fantasy football team was going really well until just then….

passing around at the back,it even ***** up the top sides👿

10 hours ago, Andy said:

Rumour doing the rounds is Brendan Rodgers being sacked tonight.

Nothing official yet, but some bookies have stopped taking bets...

I do not know what going on at Leicester with no summer signings apart from 3rd choice keeper being signed there. 

Has the owner cut the funding there? 

They need to sell Tillemans and Fofana who both want out. 

Its just seem abit of mess there. 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do not know what going on at Leicester with no summer signings apart from 3rd choice keeper being signed there. 

Has the owner cut the funding there? 

They need to sell Tillemans and Fofana who both want out. 

Its just seem abit of mess there. 

They are financially up the creak so to speak without a paddle. 

Hugely over FFP and heading for sanctions unless they arrest that this year. Added to issues of an aging squad - well key players aging and a few who have deals running down. All in all its suboptimal conditions to adjust for FFP, hence why they haven't brought anyone. 

5 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I never realised they were in FFP trouble. They don't seem to splash the cash and they've sold big over the years. Meanwhile united can spunk 300k a week on benchwarmers 

I've read that their owners businesses, Duty Free shops have been one of the hardest hit during the pandemic. With the travel restrictions their cash flow has all but dried up.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Monday night entertainment at OT tonight. Sky are even starting their MNF show half hour early to cover the drama.

If they get the game cancelled though I'll be raging. Looking forward to seeing Liverpool rip them apart.

And there's no way you can allow a club's fans to get games cancelled twice in 18 months without chucking serious sanctions at them. Would be a very dangerous precedent to set.

The ideal scenario would be a decent points deduction to leave them really rooted in the relegation spots. 🤞

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Silas said:

Monday night entertainment at OT tonight. Sky are even starting their MNF show half hour early to cover the drama.

If they get the game cancelled though I'll be raging. Looking forward to seeing Liverpool rip them apart.

And there's no way you can allow a club's fans to get games cancelled twice in 18 months without chucking serious sanctions at them. Would be a very dangerous precedent to set.

The ideal scenario would be a decent points deduction to leave them really rooted in the relegation spots. 🤞

Can’t wait for this either should be entertaining either way 🤣

anyone else would get a points deduction but we all know they would just re arrange it to fit uniteds schedule .

God I hate them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

They are financially up the creak so to speak without a paddle. 

Hugely over FFP and heading for sanctions unless they arrest that this year. Added to issues of an aging squad - well key players aging and a few who have deals running down. All in all its suboptimal conditions to adjust for FFP, hence why they haven't brought anyone. 

Surprised that the are over the FFP threshold but Probably why their asking price for certain price are crazy. Surprised they didn't sell Maddison to Newcastle when they offer 40 million for him

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surprised that the are over the FFP threshold but Probably why their asking price for certain price are crazy. Surprised they didn't sell Maddison to Newcastle when they offer 40 million for him

If Gibbs white is going for 45 million then Leicester right to be looking for more than £40 for Maddison 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Think there seems to have been some confusion re Morgan Gibbs White and his fee. It’s £25 Million plus add ons.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s too much still, but it’s not a flat £45 Million.

• Like 1

I didn't see much of Saturday's Prem games but yesterday's were superb.

Leeds blew away Chelsea. Tuchel needs a striker quickly. I also don't understand why he spent oodles on a left back when he has a perfectly good one in Chilwell already there. 

Newcastle-City was a cracker. Newcastle could have had 5 but were hanging on by a thread at the end. Howe has done a good job, and bought some decent players, however, they are a bit thin and will struggle if they get a few injuries.

Hopefully today's game keeps up the momentum.