BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

You have to give credit to fourth division Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic.

Bournemouth haven't spent any length of time in 4th division since 1970's - Oh wait a minute.......

58 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

please please please let antony be as **** as jaden sancho

He doesn’t have a very likeable face. Looks like a bit of a cock. I’m really hoping this dodgy united side stay just that. It’s been a wonderful distraction throughout the last years when we are not  playing 😁

Leicester fans are really turning on Rogers.  I mean comments like I hate the man. He's a clown etc. I can understand that it's been a poor season but I can't understand the level of hate for a guy that got them 2 top 5 finishes an fa cup and some good European nights. Maybe perspective is needed.  Leicester were a championship team not so long ago. Are they expecting champions league football?

5 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry but Jesus Christ Steve Cooper is monstrously ugly, looks like Ian Dowie and Harry Reknapps lovechild

Don't want to be continually Mowbray bashing but Mowbray is uglier in my opinion.  Looks like a troll that chewed a wasp

Today was a rough day in the Premier for the VAR room. The BBC offer a decent summary; BBC - VAR round up

It will never be perfect but as I have said before on here; if the VAR room has an ex-player (or two) alongside the 4th official I'd wager that controversy will be reduced. 

Mendy made an absolute meal of Bowen's contact. Willock did not foul Guaita.

I think that the Premier League needs to adhere to its statement, borrowed from the NFL, that VAR officials adjudicate "clear and obvious errors". If the VAR room referee takes minutes to review what the on pitch decided in real time it is neither clear or obvious so the original decision should stand.

Managers don't help either. If they benefit not one of them will acknowledge that it could have been wrong. See Tuchel and Vieira in the BBC article. 

3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Today was a rough day in the Premier for the VAR room. The BBC offer a decent summary; BBC - VAR round up

It will never be perfect but as I have said before on here; if the VAR room has an ex-player (or two) alongside the 4th official I'd wager that controversy will be reduced. 

Mendy made an absolute meal of Bowen's contact. Willock did not foul Guaita.

I think that the Premier League needs to adhere to its statement, borrowed from the NFL, that VAR officials adjudicate "clear and obvious errors". If the VAR room referee takes minutes to review what the on pitch decided in real time it is neither clear or obvious so the original decision should stand.

Managers don't help either. If they benefit not one of them will acknowledge that it could have been wrong. See Tuchel and Vieira in the BBC article. 

VAR isn't the exact science that many thought it would be as many decisions still rely on an opinion which, as we know can differ from person to person. But today highlights an issue which I predicted from the inception of VAR which is that far too many of the appointed VAR's don't have enough of a feel for the game. Refereeing is almost Masonic and I really don't understand why any appointed VAR has to be a current referee. In my view Stockley Park should be staffed by ex players, managers or people who understand the game and not referees who all work together in the same group. Anybody can learn the Laws of the Game in a week and that, coupled with knowledge of the game and players will make the system much better and the nonsense decisions we have seen yesterday and in the past would mostly be made correctly.

When I was an active referee I used to be amazed at how many referees didn't watch football live or on TV or really take much of an interest in it aside from their own games. Watching games is for anybody educational and enhances knowledge.

59 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In my view Stockley Park should be staffed by ex players, managers or people who understand the game and not referees who all work together in the same group. Anybody can learn the Laws of the Game in a week and that, coupled with knowledge of the game and players will make the system much better and the nonsense decisions we have seen yesterday and in the past would mostly be made correctly.

Agreed. Decisions don't need to be re-refereed they just need someone to shout over the mic "I think there could have been a handball in there, do you want to take another look at it." Then they need someone with an understanding of the game but not an encyclopedic knowledge of the rules to just chat through it. 

When you hear some of the justifications behind VAR decisions it comes across so academic and divorced from the reality of the game 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Agreed. Decisions don't need to be re-refereed they just need someone to shout over the mic "I think there could have been a handball in there, do you want to take another look at it." Then they need someone with an understanding of the game but not an encyclopedic knowledge of the rules to just chat through it. 

When you hear some of the justifications behind VAR decisions it comes across so academic and divorced from the reality of the game 

It would help enormously if the audio between the VAR and on field referee was released. At least we would have some idea about their line of thinking and maybe rationale behind them.

• Like 1

After watching all the highlights of the game, VAR and the people in VAR had a shocking time yesterday. I agree with Danny Murphy on MOTD that ex pros should be in VAR room cos they understand how the game works. 

Villa and Everton got both deserved draws against Man City and Liverpool. 

Toney was excellent yesterday and scored 3 goals. I am still surprised that Chelsea didn't go for him in the summer transfer window. I can understand why Leeds boss Marsch lost his cool and temper with not getting a pen. 

Bournemouth got a good win and how a tactical change by interim boss Gary O'Neil change the game and got a win. Will be interesting whether they stick with Gary O'Neil for future games or appoint a new manager/head coach. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Why would an ex pro from say Crewe be affected by being VAR on the Premier League?

Whilst Robbie Moore (fake name) played for Crewe, he lived in Manchester and commuted. Whilst living in Manchester, most of Robbie’s friends where United fans. Robbie still lives in Manchester now. He meets up with his friends once a month for a nice meal.

In fact, growing up as a kid, Robbies father - who is credited as the influence behind career - was a huge United fan. He still has a season ticket now. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Whilst Robbie Moore (fake name) played for Crewe, he lived in Manchester and commuted. Whilst living in Manchester, most of Robbie’s friends where United fans. Robbie still lives in Manchester now. He meets up with his friends once a month for a nice meal.

In fact, growing up as a kid, Robbies father - who is credited as the influence behind career - was a huge United fan. He still has a season ticket now. 

You could re write that and change Robbie the the ref. I don’t see what difference it makes

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

You could re write that and change Robbie the the ref. I don’t see what difference it makes

I agree. That’s why it’s a mockery that we had a ref against Stoke who’s family are PNE fans (or at least, that’s what I read on Twitter). 

• Like 1