BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Whilst Robbie Moore (fake name) played for Crewe, he lived in Manchester and commuted. Whilst living in Manchester, most of Robbie’s friends where United fans. Robbie still lives in Manchester now. He meets up with his friends once a month for a nice meal.

In fact, growing up as a kid, Robbies father - who is credited as the influence behind career - was a huge United fan. He still has a season ticket now. 

And if Robbie Moore was playing for Crewe against Man Utd he would be doing his utmost to get a win for his team.

And do you know for certain that referees and linesmen don't have leanings to clubs? My obvious allegiance was Rovers and whilst I couldn't referee them I did our sworn enemy twice in the league and guess what - they won them both. It's about trust, being honest and doing the job without fear or favour. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, J*B said:

There’s no way ex-pros can do it sadly, their decisions would be effected by their playing careers. 

I'm not so sure if they are in pay role. Plenty of ex pro's whether its former players or managers in there. Also Howard Webb has a huge job in sorting out this mess out cos the VAR isn't working right. That Newcastle goal was clearly a goal or penalty given the push on Willock but VAR didn't give the ref that angle, similar to West Ham one which was goal. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Fair play to you Chadster for listening to Murphy. I either mute or change the channel if he’s speaking.

very childish that Matty. Very good knowledge of the game and I won't let his time here which was poor stop me from listening to well made points

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And if Robbie Moore was playing for Crewe against Man Utd he would be doing his utmost to get a win for his team.

And do you know for certain that referees and linesmen don't have leanings to clubs? My obvious allegiance was Rovers and whilst I couldn't referee them I did our sworn enemy twice in the league and guess what - they won them both. It's about trust, being honest and doing the job without fear or favour. 

Ultimately, I guess my point is I just think having ex-pros involved opens up another line of scepticism. 

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It's not VAR to blame, it is the official who has made the wrong decision despite watching it back.

In my view it wasn't a clear and obvious error by the referee as the decision could have gone either way. I noted that the PGMOL has acknowledged that mistakes were made which affected Newcastle and West Ham. The disallowing of the Arsenal goal is in the same category to me. The other end of the scale was at Nottingham Forest yesterday when Oliver gave the home team a penalty for handball which was clear in my view. The VAR, after three minutes of viewing advised Oliver to view the incident pitch side. Oliver looked at it once and stuck by his decision. He actually looked embarrassed by the request for him to have a look at it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It's not VAR to blame, it is the official who has made the wrong decision despite watching it back.

I made this point this morning in a post but time after people in the VAR room make the wrong decision, this is why I wanted to see ex pros being managers or footballers brought into the VAR room. Also, I think Howard Webb has massive job when he comes in December. This need sort out properly and some proper communication to fans is needed. We see it in 3 games yesterday where VAR made the wrong decision in 2 of them and third one at Forest where the ref ha the balls to stand by his original decision and good on him. 

VAR got involved in a decision where the ref had a clear and not obstruct view of the incident. So, the ref in real time didn't think it was foul so he should have stuck with that decision. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I made this point this morning in a post but time after people in the VAR room make the wrong decision, this is why I wanted to see ex pros being managers or footballers brought into the VAR room. Also, I think Howard Webb has massive job when he comes in December. This need sort out properly and some proper communication to fans is needed. We see it in 3 games yesterday where VAR made the wrong decision in 2 of them and third one at Forest where the ref ha the balls to stand by his original decision and good on him. 

VAR got involved in a decision where the ref had a clear and not obstruct view of the incident. So, the ref in real time didn't think it was foul so he should have stuck with that decision. 

The ref went over to the monitor, watched it giving him a better view of the incident, and then changed his mind. The blame is on the official, not VAR.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The ref went over to the monitor, watched it giving him a better view of the incident, and then changed his mind. The blame is on the official, not VAR.

better view? He has a clear view of the incident so VAR shouldn't get involved so hopefully Howard Webb will sort it out. It wasn't a foul in a month of Sundays

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is it not time to scrap this bollocks yet.

we tried it, it’s had ample time, gets worse every week , slows the game down, takes away the joy of goals, and even when clear and obvious still gets it wrong. 

I’ve had enough of it tbh

Like it or not VAR is here to stay. The Premier League and the PGMOL are to blame for the current fiasco. The Champions League shows that it can work effectively with little fuss.

Prem referee's go from mistake to mistake seemingly without any ability to fix it. @arbitrohas insight into the game that not many of us do. His take that the refereeing establishment is a closed shop leads me to believe that if the VAR official does make a referral, due to the nature of the relationships between them they have to act and change the decision. Which also should be a marker that having an independent voice in the VAR room would help. 

This BBC article is a decent read; BBC- weekend VAR review 

It looks like the PGMOL are going to review their procedures. I hope that they do, yet it won't help any of the aggrieved teams recoup any points lost.

Michael Oliver gets a mention for sticking to his guns. Maybe he is immune to the politics due to his family history. He is also a very good referee.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Like it or not VAR is here to stay. The Premier League and the PGMOL are to blame for the current fiasco. The Champions League shows that it can work effectively with little fuss.

Prem referee's go from mistake to mistake seemingly without any ability to fix it. @arbitrohas insight into the game that not many of us do. His take that the refereeing establishment is a closed shop leads me to believe that if the VAR official does make a referral, due to the nature of the relationships between them they have to act and change the decision. Which also should be a marker that having an independent voice in the VAR room would help. 

This BBC article is a decent read; BBC- weekend VAR review 

It looks like the PGMOL are going to review their procedures. I hope that they do, yet it won't help any of the aggrieved teams recoup any points lost.

Michael Oliver gets a mention for sticking to his guns. Maybe he is immune to the politics due to his family history. He is also a very good referee.

What’s PGMOL stand for 😅

I agree on Michael Oliver.  Definitely one of the better refs.

I know it’s here to stay but can people honestly say it improves the game 

22 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What’s PGMOL stand for 😅

I agree on Michael Oliver.  Definitely one of the better refs.

Professional Game Match Officials Limited. They are the organisation responsible for all aspects of refereeing in professional football and are funded primarily by the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I would if VAR stop getting involved so much. Yesterday Arsenal goal should have stood. Ref had a clear foul of it and bollocks. 

Also the time it's take is far too long. 3 or 4 minutes to make a simple decision is a joke. Plus no communication to fans which everyone always overlook. 

I don't like VAR one bit and I said it shouldn't come in for several different reasons including time to make decision, still someone opinion its bases on. It can't be cricket where it a defo decision 

In my opinion VAR shouldn't get involved until someone on the pitch requests it - so either

1) A team requests a review of a particular decision - e.g. 1 appeal per team per half, if its unsuccessful you lose it and the team has to be clear what they're appealing so they couldn't speculatively review a goal they have to state what the offence was

Or

2) The referree requests it e.g  if he didn't have a clear view of an incident and needs another look at it. 

VAR was meant to stop howlers, not referee the game to an academic 100% of the rules

Most decisions are subjective and we therefore need to have a "referees call" where they stick with the on field decision. I guess we have that already as they often say "if he'd given it VAR wouldn't have overturned it" but it needs to be more explicit. 

8 hours ago, Silas said:

Champions league, but put in here cos he does it regularly in the Prem.

No wonder Chelsea fans moan. So bad:

I'm guessing he gets a healthy appearance fee for this garbage. Robbery if so. 

Yet the guy posting the video thinks he played well