BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

57 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

absolutely,they are completely clueless in all departments,after spending 120 million quid they come up with mckenna and cook at centre back,both of them lacking in any kind of pace other than walking

Currently 4-0. Cooper won't have long left after this. 

In some ways it's not his fault. It's a tough job integrating a whole new squad of players into a dressing room that got them promoted. I'm sure that it's no honeymoon in there, lots of factions fighting to get a game.

A new manager can start fresh and pick a team without any history.

44 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

spending that much and being so bad is one hell of an achievement,i expect the chairman(who`s a bit unhinged anyway)to swing the axe pretty soon,i mean 17 million quid for neco williams,thats a sacking offence in itself,the lad is clearly out of his depth

Klopp strikes again? He has done a good job getting big money for young players who aren't up to it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

spending that much and being so bad is one hell of an achievement,i expect the chairman(who`s a bit unhinged anyway)to swing the axe pretty soon,i mean 17 million quid for neco williams,thats a sacking offence in itself,the lad is clearly out of his depth

Forest team bus.

IMG-20220905-WA0000.jpg

• Like 6

17 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you could be right,i don`t know anyone in the game who would want 21 new players all at once

Cooper know how recruitment and transfer structure/system worked and he was happy to accept it and work within that structure. 

Look like CEO, head of recruitment and chief scout could be sacked also. Forest's chief exec and his recruitment team could ALL be axed (msn.com)

Looks like Southampton are planning to sack their manager Hasenhuttl and replace with Steve Cooper who might be getting sack shortly

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl in danger of being sacked after disappointing results | Daily Mail Online

Yesterday Forest appointed Filippo Giraldi as Sporting Director. Nottingham Forest FC - Giraldi joins as Sporting Director

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

... Steve Cooper signs a new deal at Forest to 2025

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63172328

Guess he wasn't so close to the sack after all!

The players were behind him and clearly the new appointed Sporting Director must have wanted him to stay. I think it's a smart move to keep him and show some loyalty to him he guided them to promotion. Shame other teams don't 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

... Steve Cooper signs a new deal at Forest to 2025

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63172328

Guess he wasn't so close to the sack after all!

What's happened here is that the board hope that by backing the manager and giving him a new contract the players will realise he is here to stay and play for him.  The dreaded vote of confidence.

I still think he will be sacked within weeks.

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How Awful is Trent Alexnader Arnold defensively? so poor. Arsenal much the better team and its showing. 

Leeds attacker Aaronsson was quality in the first half. Some great skill in the build up for the Leeds goal

TAA is an elite right back, the Liverpool midfield is non existent and the loss of Mane (and Nunez not being of the same standard) is a huge psychological blow. Liverpool need at least two new central midfielders and need to find a way to sort Thiago’s injury record. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Liverpool's midfield 2 controlled most of the first half, I am not sure that Alexander Arnold has ever been elite.

I must be watching a game here, I think Elliott and Henderson especially haven’t done what the Liverpool midfield relies on (pressing, quick turnover) and have cost them the game whereas Partley has been brilliant. 

It speaks volumes that Firmino was basically unused last season and is now their best striker. Salah’s thrown his toys out, Nunez isn’t adapting, Jota’s out of form. 

Anyway, I digress. No idea what VVD has just done there, that’s dreadful defending. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I must be watching a game here, I think Elliott and Henderson especially haven’t done what the Liverpool midfield relies on (pressing, quick turnover) and have cost them the game whereas Partley has been brilliant. 

It speaks volumes that Firmino was basically unused last season and is now their best striker. Salah’s thrown his toys out, Nunez isn’t adapting, Jota’s out of form. 

Anyway, I digress. No idea what VVD has just done there, that’s dreadful defending. 

Even if he is more exposed than he has been in the last year or two, I don't doubt that, but his defensive ability is practically non-existent. Therefore for me, he cannot be considered an elite right back.