BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

Guardiola and Klopp are both superb managers who undertook different journey's getting to where they are now.

Guardiola has had 3 jobs; Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Man City. Each one was the best team in the country when he took over. He did and continues to do a marvellous job.

Klopp started in the German second division with Mainz. Moved to Dortmund, then Liverpool. None of those teams had or continue to have the resources Guardiola has enjoyed.

I don't think 1 is better than the other. Klopp is more charismatic but has won fewer trophies than the more precise Guardiola. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Guardiola and Klopp are both superb managers who undertook different journey's getting to where they are now.

Guardiola has had 3 jobs; Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Man City. Each one was the best team in the country when he took over. He did and continues to do a marvellous job.

Klopp started in the German second division with Mainz. Moved to Dortmund, then Liverpool. None of those teams had or continue to have the resources Guardiola has enjoyed.

I don't think 1 is better than the other. Klopp is more charismatic but has won fewer trophies than the more precise Guardiola. 

When Pep took over Citeh I said it was like shooting fish in a barrell.  Why doesnt a manager of his ability not fancy a challenge like say taking Aston Villa from mid table mediocrity to Champiosn LEague contenders?   I know he's a great a coach but can he do it on a  wet Tuesday night in Stoke? 

P.S. I'm slightly pissed as I type

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

When Pep took over Citeh I said it was like shooting fish in a barrell.  Why doesnt a manager of his ability not fancy a challenge like say taking Aston Villa from mid table mediocrity to Champiosn LEague contenders?   I know he's a great a coach but can he do it on a  wet Tuesday night in Stoke? 

I agree. I'm 100% behind Pep taking the reigns at Rovers. 

7 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Certain managers suit certain teams. We've had managers in the past who were great operating on shoe string budget, but then made mad choices as soon as they had a few pennies to spend. 

I don't think Pep would do too well with lesser players. But at the same time i think he does a phenomenal job with the ones he has. The domination City have had, the levels they've set is something to behold. With the money they have it is expected, but the level of consistency they've found under Pep isn't easy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

During Mourinho's pomp I'd tell mates that if he really is the best manager in the world he should try his hand at Accrington Stanley, a team with one of the lowest budgets in the football league. In fantasy land if either Klopp or Guardiola was willing who would do the better job there?

I would love to see pep or klopp try their hand at a proper challenge. Pep has achieved pretty much all there is to achieve in 3 leagues and is still young. Why not give it a go for a laugh? See how his tactics fair against some brick shithouse two footing everyone and the ref just playing on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

I would love to see pep or klopp try their hand at a proper challenge. Pep has achieved pretty much all there is to achieve in 3 leagues and is still young. Why not give it a go for a laugh? See how his tactics fair against some brick shithouse two footing everyone and the ref just playing on. 

Grab a Stanley and say get to Pl in 5 years - if you achieve that, take 10 mil of PL money.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Grab a Stanley and say get to Pl in 5 years - if you achieve that, take 10 mil of PL money.

I said plenty of times that when Mouronho was in his pomp he could have proven that he was the best in the world by taking Stanley to the Prem.

Imagine Pep trying to work on intricate tactical plans with league 1 and 2 cloggers. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seven seasons syndrome. Not a bad problem considering the success of the first 6.

It's a massive problem this season for them. Midfield and defence weaker then last 2 previous seasons. Squad is ageing and players coming in not the same quality 

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Surely maddison has to go to the world cup.  Hes head and shoulders better than grealish or mount

Easier to be the big fish in a little pond. Grealish over him for me. I’d be going… 

Ramsdale

TAA Walker White Tomori Chilwell 

Bellingham Rice 

Grealish Kane Foden