BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like Gerrard is deservedly getting sacked at Villa. Has done a poor job with vast resources, I wonder if this will bring the "he will replace Klopp when he leaves" media campaign to a halt?

It was said with such certainty too. Grace Villa with his presence for a couple of seasons and then waltz into Anfield. 😁

• Like 4

Amazon coverage of Football is excellent and It's been a joy to watch it their coverage so far. Hopefully they get more involve in Football whether its covering EFL football or more Premier league football

Edited by chaddyrovers
correct spelling
  • Like 1

On 17/10/2022 at 18:38, roversfan99 said:

Seems like Gerrard is deservedly getting sacked at Villa. Has done a poor job with vast resources, I wonder if this will bring the "he will replace Klopp when he leaves" media campaign to a halt?

Surely he has to go now? Another game with no goals. Another defeat.

He has never looked comfortable at Villa. 

• Like 1

gerrard lost the dressing room at the start of the season,taking the captaincy off tyrone mings then keeping him in the side,he should have got shut because mings is not very good but  an influence  in the dressing room,a lethal combination for a manager,considering the resources he`s got it is`nt looking good for him,tbh,i never liked him,**** for england and he was way behind scholes,kean and viera when it came to ability and class,despite what the media wrote

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gerrard lost the dressing room at the start of the season,taking the captaincy off tyrone mings then keeping him in the side,he should have got shut because mings is not very good but  an influence  in the dressing room,a lethal combination for a manager,considering the resources he`s got it is`nt looking good for him,tbh,i never liked him,**** for england and he was way behind scholes,kean and viera when it came to ability and class,despite what the media wrote

And Tugay 😄👍

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gerrard fired apparently.

Aye - to me, never came across as the sharpest knife in the the drawer.  He lost Beale to QPR and all down hill since.

Think Dyche would love this one!

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gerrard fired apparently.

Yes he gone. Will be interesting to see who they appoint now whether they appoint someone like Neil Critchley as caretaker till the world cup break then bring in a new head coach then. I don't see them appointing Pochettino or Tuchel as Villa fans have suggested. If I was them I would look at Thomas Frank or Kjetil Knutsen or Peter Bosz. 

I see Wolves have decided to appointed interim head coach Steve Davis until 2023 as they can't find the right managerial appointment 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he gone. Will be interesting to see who they appoint now whether they appoint someone like Neil Critchley as caretaker till the world cup break then bring in a new head coach then. I don't see them appointing Pochettino or Tuchel as Villa fans have suggested. If I was them I would look at Thomas Frank or Kjetil Knutsen or Peter Bosz. 

I see Wolves have decided to appointed interim head coach Steve Davis until 2023 as they can't find the right managerial appointment 

Wolves will be needing a manager with Championship promotions on his CV 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Critchley gone along with other coaching staff.They will have someone lined up this sacking been coming for weeks

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Critchley gone along with other coaching staff.They will have someone lined up this sacking been coming for weeks

Yes it appears that the a new appointment is close. 

Gerrard's staff have gone. They put first team coach in charge

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Strange one. You'd think they would have learned their lesson when they sacked McCarthy and let Terry Connor relegate them. Different owners now, mind, but this kind of decision rarely ends well. A dangerous gamble to take.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Great career move from Critchley there…

He will be fine. It won't be long before he gets another job in the closed world of football. 

Ronaldo is making the news again. Ten Hag confirmed that he refused to come on against Spurs, and rather than stick around he did one before the game was over. 

Ronaldo has always had a bit of petulance about him, and this doesn't look good at all. However, through his eyes he still thinks he's the world's greatest goalscorer so I can understand his reaction. It's wrong for him to do though it as it sets a bad example.

Ten Hag doesn't want him. Man U should negotiate to pay him out and let him leave so he can move on.