BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Armstrongs performances this season would say not.

One got bought for £15 million and one got sold for £5 million.

One is playing in the premier league one is in the championship

when both where here Armstrong kept Gallagher out of his favoured position (the is is up for debate granted )

and the goals stats aren’t worth comparing 

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

One got bought for £15 million and one got sold for £5 million.

One is playing in the premier league one is in the championship

when both where here Armstrong kept Gallagher out of his favoured position (the is is up for debate granted )

and the goals stats aren’t worth comparing 

Past and present.

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Time to bring Adam Armstrong back, maybe on loan. He's not Premier League quality but he'll score goals to get us there and he's certainly better than any of Gallagher, Hirst or Vale

You've clearly not been listening to JDT's "Team first" messages. Armstrong is the most selfish player I've ever seen at Blackburn Rovers.

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You've clearly not been listening to JDT's "Team first" messages. Armstrong is the most selfish player I've ever seen at Blackburn Rovers.

You're right, I haven't been listening......because like Mowbray and all the others he's self-serving and I'm not that interested in what he has to say or any silly slogans like "Team First". Most goalscorers by their nature are selfish, and Armstrong is no exception. He is however an exceptional goalscorer and Rovers are desperately short of those at present. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rigger said:

And if he came back and didn't, it wouldn't be beneficial to the team. Who would you drop for Armstrong ?

Assuming Diaz isn't going of course. If he did Armstrong could replace him. Different type of player I know but Diaz is a real one-off anyway.

Bit of a sleight of hand there by FSG. That reads that they are open to outside investment (and maybe a full sale at some point):

A statement from Fenway Sports Group however refused to state that the Premier League club, as a whole, is on the market.
It reads: “There have been a number of recent changes of ownership and rumours of changes in ownership at EPL clubs and inevitably we are asked regularly about Fenway Sports Group’s ownership in Liverpool.

“FSG has frequently received expressions of interest from third parties seeking to become shareholders in Liverpool. FSG has said before that under the right terms and conditions we would consider new shareholders if it was in the best interests of Liverpool as a club.

FSG remains fully committed to the success of Liverpool, both on and off the pitch.”

Edited by Mattyblue

In an era where a mid-table Premier League team can go out and poach a manager like Unai Emery, Southampton appointing Jones would be a funny one, though obviously he's done very well at Luton.

Just where is Dyche going to turn up next? Not like the 'attractive football' or 'getting a fancier name' reasoning that you often see can be applied here with them going for Jones. Unless they tried for him but he didn't fancy it, all I can think of....

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Southampton looking for a new manager now. Jones at Luton in the favourites apparently. 

Well, it's been rumoured to be happening for weeks now that he would be sack. 

If I was in charge of picking their next appointment, I would be going for Kjetil Knutsen or Urs Fischer

• Like 2

• Backroom
On 07/11/2022 at 14:56, chaddyrovers said:

Well, it's been rumoured to be happening for weeks now that he would be sack. 

If I was in charge of picking their next appointment, I would be going for Kjetil Knutsen or Urs Fischer

I remember you fancied him for our job before JDT, as did I, and reckon he's definitely a PL quality manager.

• Like 1

No surprised that many fans don't want Jones as their next managerial appointment. 

Southampton do have former Brentford director of football Rasmus Ankersen as part of the ownership and board of director there, so I wonder if he has said Nathan Jones is the one to go for. Massive call by them