BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

James maddison off with an injury.  Had to happen.  Typical English disease.  Fifa shouldn't be allowing matched to go ahead a week before the world cup.  Madness

If he's out of the World Cup Southgate will be secretly punching the air now he wont have to give in to the pressure of putting him in the team

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Sorry Chaddy but this is clearly not the case.  Check out the transfer link below for previous transfers:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/everton-fc/transfers/verein/29/saison_id/2020

Big players coming into Everton including from Real and Napoli. That shows that they could attract talent without Lampard. 

I am fully aware of previous transfers there, but those 2 players had very little impact at Everton 

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Fifa shouldn't be allowing matched to go ahead a week before the world cup.  Madness

Fifa shouldn't have awarded the world cup to Qatar when they knew it couldn't be played there in the Summer like other world cups (source on this is Netflix documentary on FIFA), it should have been awarded to USA. They have allowed domestic football to be affected by this world cup being played in November and December. 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am fully aware of previous transfers there, but those 2 players had very little impact at Everton 

That's changing the goalposts buddy.

We were taking about the ability to attract players not the impact they had. They are two completely different things. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That's changing the goalposts buddy.

We were taking about the ability to attract players not the impact they had. They are two completely different things. 

Fair enough on your first point but those 2 players were very poor signings and waste of money. That is one of the major problems at that club is overpaying for players in terms of fees and wages in past years

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Yes but every tournament.  Rooney Beckham Gerrard owen

If we were to lose Maddison it would hardly be as critical as losing any of those, given he was last name on the squad list. Rees James is far more impactful, and his injury was weeks ago.

We're gonna do rubbish anyway, regardless. 

• Like 1

Having just seen the highlights of the Everton game. My word Frank has got his work cut out. Pickford with a big mistake for the first , appalling defending for the second and Anthony had all the time in the world for the third. 

Iwobi threw his shirt in the crowd and the crowd threw it back 🤣

• Like 1

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

If we were to lose Maddison it would hardly be as critical as losing any of those, given he was last name on the squad list. Rees James is far more impactful, and his injury was weeks ago.

We're gonna do rubbish anyway, regardless. 

I'm genuinely glad at expectations being dumbed down. It's a relief after the 'Golden Generation' kept ballsing up, meanwhile Southgate's team keeps blowing tournament expectations out the water.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looks like Ronaldo has kicked his last ball for Utd. He’s been a great player but as a man he’s a bit of an arse. Everything has to be about him.

I've seen the 20 min vid and await the full show.

Piers Morgan thinks it will change Henry Winters view, which is a bit similar to those who think it's all on Ronaldo.

He certainly called out the manager and senior executives in what I saw.

Man U considering their options.

• Backroom

Man Utd becoming a soulless corporate machine has been evident since day one of the Glazers' reign - it only became a problem for the majority of their fans when they stopped winning trophies, and it only became a problem for Ronaldo when he wasn't first choice anymore. 

• Like 6

I've see the full interview.

I rather suspect that Christiano regrets turning down the Saudis and is inviting them back to the table.

Well, someone has to relieve them of some of their blood money.

I do believe what he says about MU and it's owners, executives and management but also that he remains a problem "child" which they will pay up to get shot of.

Morgan got a bit fawning but at least didn't often speak over and through his guest which he normally does.

I say that whilst agreeing with Morgan on most of his opinions.

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I've see the full interview.

I rather suspect that Christiano regrets turning down the Saudis and is inviting them back to the table.

Well, someone has to relieve them of some of their blood money.

I do believe what he says about MU and it's owners, executives and management but also that he remains a problem "child" which they will pay up to get shot of.

Morgan got a bit fawning but at least didn't often speak over and through his guest which he normally does.

I say that whilst agreeing with Morgan on most of his opinions.

What did it for me with Ronaldo was when Portugal played France in the European Cup Final. He limped off about 20 minutes without having down much. The rest of the team battled like Trojans through normal time and then extra time to win 1-0. When it comes the time to pick up the trophy who should step up but Ronaldo.

I played a good while and captained teams. If that would have been me I would have said to whoever took over the arm band  “ You’ve won this cup, go and pick it up “.

In all honesty I couldn’t have done what Ronaldo did. Had he not won enough in his career by then ? Great player but a complete egotist.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What did it for me with Ronaldo was when Portugal played France in the European Cup Final. He limped off about 20 minutes without having down much. The rest of the team battled like Trojans through normal time and then extra time to win 1-0. When it comes the time to pick up the trophy who should step up but Ronaldo.

I played a good while and captained teams. If that would have been me I would have said to whoever took over the arm band  “ You’ve won this cup, go and pick it up “.

In all honesty I couldn’t have done what Ronaldo did. Had he not won enough in his career by then. Great player but a complete egotist.

That came across strongly on Part 2 when playing to his followers/fans to whom he often referred.

Loves the fans but would of joined city

slates Rooney and Neville for not supporting him as a team mate then in next breathe slates the whole squad bar three of his mates 

slates the youth players attitude and then storms off because he doesn’t want to play because he’s to big to be a sub 

still regards himself as the best player in the world which is the main problem

said the whole team should be set up to make him shine whilst blaming the youth of today for being pampered and spoilt (paraphrased).

Goes on about united being a marketing tool with no interest of what’s best for the club, then sell out the club , two managers , team mates, kitchen staff and the people who pay him the most money in the league as he eluded to a few times to protect his brand 

the man is an absolute egotistical, narcissistic, man baby.

I hope Portugal flop , Argentina win it if England don’t and his career fades into oblivion

never been able to stand the bloke and most of us knew exactly what kind of person he was 15 years ago. He’s everything what’s wrong with the modern game. 

And let’s clear one thing up once and for all. There is absolutely no ronaldo/messi debate. Just like there is no Alan shearer/yakubu one

its goes the rest, then ronaldo , then messi with a huge gap. It’s never even been close

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 7