BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

Why they fought to keep him in summer is beyond me. I said this to people when they signed him that it was  a bad move because he either plays every minute of every game which gives you no flexibility in terms of style, or he doesn't and he gives you grief and creates a stink. I also think the performance levels of some of his team mates has dropped upon his arrival. 

• Like 1

Ronaldo has had a sharp physical decline pretty suddenly, most players do about 5 years before he has but it has made him far less effective.

But I think they have other players at United that hide behind the Ronaldo story to justify their own shoddy performances. Rashford is often half arsed and has flattered to deceive most of the time since he broke onto the scene. Sancho looks overweight and regularly hides. Fernandes has been pretty poor again since he broke onto the Premier League scene initially. They cant pin everything on Ronaldo.

7 hours ago, DE. said:

Strange one. You'd think they would have learned their lesson when they sacked McCarthy and let Terry Connor relegate them. Different owners now, mind, but this kind of decision rarely ends well. A dangerous gamble to take.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't get why they would announce that Davis is staying specifically until 2023. Surely he still remains caretaker, Beale rejected them so they carry on looking to get someone in ASAP.

They couldn't get their first 3 choices so I guess they are looking for a permanent replacement and they are rumours that Wolves are up for sale. If those rumours are wrong, then maybe they are regrouping and taking their time to find the right appointment. Maybe they want a national team head coach like Danish national head coach Kasper Hjulmand as an example 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Can see Jesse Marsch getting sacked soon. Leeds fans not happy and singing for Bielsa.

Its was only a few months that they wanted Bielsa out. They are stuck in the past and I think Marsch will be success there if they keep him. They signed a few good players in the summer and from what I watch they done well so far

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Why, what’s he achieved at Championship level?

Did a good job at Blackpool and they did well in the championship under him

3 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Why they fought to keep him in summer is beyond me. I said this to people when they signed him that it was  a bad move because he either plays every minute of every game which gives you no flexibility in terms of style, or he doesn't and he gives you grief and creates a stink. I also think the performance levels of some of his team mates has dropped upon his arrival. 

I don't understand why Ten Hag kept him and I think he has been correct by not selecting Ronaldo for the Chelsea game. They need to get rid cos they don't need him anymore and need players who bide into Ten Hag plans. 

I agree with your last point and I have said this time after time on here which people dismiss it

One season, finished 16th. Not exactly a record that’s going to have clubs knocking his door down. 

Who knows, he may get a decent job at some point, but chasing the dosh instead of carrying on his development as a manager means he could easily fall off the radar…

• Like 2

Didn’t say he did do a bad job. Doesn’t mean he’s now going to walk into another Championship job, it’s an extremely competitive market, so walking out of one to go and be a number 2 was a risky thing to do, you can be very easily forgotten (nice bit of dosh trousered though). 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ronaldo has had a sharp physical decline pretty suddenly, most players do about 5 years before he has but it has made him far less effective.

But I think they have other players at United that hide behind the Ronaldo story to justify their own shoddy performances. Rashford is often half arsed and has flattered to deceive most of the time since he broke onto the scene. Sancho looks overweight and regularly hides. Fernandes has been pretty poor again since he broke onto the Premier League scene initially. They cant pin everything on Ronaldo.

I'm a big rashford fan. When he broke onto the scene, the ceiling for him was very high. He's Been coached badly first by mourinho then ogs. He's capable of great moments.  Like the way he demolished upemacano. Hes also capable of being completely anonymous.  I said a few years ago he had all the tools that mbappe has but he's been criminally misused. 

Liverpool's struggles makes me wonder whether they'll try to negotiate a return of Tyler Morton come January. Not that another young CM is what they really need but his form for us and the potential for World Cup injuries and fatigue might make it a possibility. I suppose, their priority will to be to make more experienced signings, though.

Edited by riverholmes

On 21/10/2022 at 19:54, chaddyrovers said:

They couldn't get their first 3 choices so I guess they are looking for a permanent replacement and they are rumours that Wolves are up for sale. If those rumours are wrong, then maybe they are regrouping and taking their time to find the right appointment. Maybe they want a national team head coach like Danish national head coach Kasper Hjulmand as an example 

Its was only a few months that they wanted Bielsa out. They are stuck in the past and I think Marsch will be success there if they keep him. They signed a few good players in the summer and from what I watch they done well so far

Did a good job at Blackpool and they did well in the championship under him

I don't understand why Ten Hag kept him and I think he has been correct by not selecting Ronaldo for the Chelsea game. They need to get rid cos they don't need him anymore and need players who bide into Ten Hag plans. 

I agree with your last point and I have said this time after time on here which people dismiss it

Why? They aren't doing well, they are in the bottom 3.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why? They aren't doing well, they are in the bottom 3.

Still plenty of time to go in the season and no reason to panic for Leeds yet. Plenty of games to go, the players are right behind Marsch as their captain Cooper said post-match today. I seen plenty of Leeds games this season and I don't think them are far away now from Couple of weeks.  

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Plenty of jobs for Dyche available now...

But are any of those clubs interest in him tho? probably not! 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Still plenty of time to go in the season and no reason to panic for Leeds yet. Plenty of games to go, the players are right behind Marsch as their captain Cooper said post-match today. I seen plenty of Leeds games this season and I don't think them are far away now from Couple of weeks.  

But are any of those clubs interest in him tho? probably not! 

Just like you said Burnley will be relegated this season 🤦‍♂️

Don't really know any Leeds fans, but I think a lot mourn the sacking of Bielsa. It was done for the typical 'stay in the Prem at all costs' reasons, but remember a lot saying that his style of football and demeanour (as well as his success) should have afforded him more time. It's a results-based business, but the lack of sentimentality and ruthless way they potted Bielsa really hammered that message home. I even saw some on Twitter say they'd rather have risked going down.