BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Even if he is more exposed than he has been in the last year or two, I don't doubt that, but his defensive ability is practically non-existent. Therefore for me, he cannot be considered an elite right back.

Can you have a luxury right back? I’d find a way to play him for his attacking capabilities, even if it meant the team where worse defensively. Having one of the best playmakers in the world playing right back is incredible really. 

• Like 1

Arteta is a fantastic manager, by the way. Arsenal where a shambles and had been for years before he took over. He’s had great backing, but has got all the decisions right. Martinelli, Jesus, Odegaard, Saka, Smith Rose, Saliba, Ramsdale all have come on brilliantly. Ramsdale should be England No1 for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

TAA is an elite right back, the Liverpool midfield is non existent and the loss of Mane (and Nunez not being of the same standard) is a huge psychological blow. Liverpool need at least two new central midfielders and need to find a way to sort Thiago’s injury record. 

Josh, we will have to disagree cos defensively he is weak and can't defend for toffee. That's why he won't play for England much and he is currently 4th or 5th choice at best. Tripper, James, Walker are deffo ahead of him

36 minutes ago, J*B said:

I must be watching a game here, I think Elliott and Henderson especially haven’t done what the Liverpool midfield relies on (pressing, quick turnover) and have cost them the game whereas Partley has been brilliant. 

It speaks volumes that Firmino was basically unused last season and is now their best striker. Salah’s thrown his toys out, Nunez isn’t adapting, Jota’s out of form. 

Anyway, I digress. No idea what VVD has just done there, that’s dreadful defending. 

Klopp should have bought a another midfielder instead of spending 90 mil on Nunez. Salah is off form for sure and Jota similar but you can't used Mane as excuse. Nunez did ok today but is he worth 90 mil at the minute? not yet. Luis Diaz looks like he is out of Next Sunday game against Manchester City. 

27 minutes ago, J*B said:

Arteta is a fantastic manager, by the way. Arsenal where a shambles and had been for years before he took over. He’s had great backing, but has got all the decisions right. Martinelli, Jesus, Odegaard, Saka, Smith Rose, Saliba, Ramsdale all have come on brilliantly. Ramsdale should be England No1 for me. 

Areta has done brilliant and after watching the Arsenal all or nothing documentary on Amazon, you can see his passion but his tactical awareness is so good. 

Ben White is coming on great. 

Pickford still number 1 for me. In form and never let England down

• Like 1

I think the loss of Mane (and the fact Nunez hasn’t replaced him) has really hit them hard. I think there’s something in the fact that Mane left for another big club. They needed to sign someone and Nunez has the attributes but it hasn’t happened yet.

Either way, I agree, midfield is a massive problem. Can they sign Rice? Bellingham? I like Savic at Lazio, they should get him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think the loss of Mane (and the fact Nunez hasn’t replaced him) has really hit them hard. I think there’s something in the fact that Mane left for another big club. They needed to sign someone and Nunez has the attributes but it hasn’t happened yet.

Either way, I agree, midfield is a massive problem. Can they sign Rice? Bellingham? I like Savic at Lazio, they should get him. 

Klopp was Bellingham I have been told by Liverpool fan who I work with. Looks like Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City want him aswell. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Klopp was Bellingham I have been told by Liverpool fan who I work with. Looks like Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City want him aswell. 

They should pay whatever it takes if they’re in with a shout. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J*B said:

They should pay whatever it takes if they’re in with a shout. 

I reckon he go City if they made a bid for him

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There must be enough colleagues at your work chaddy to cover every team in the football league based on your posts on here!

cos that the place I work at has plenty of people who support different teams including Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, PNE, Blackpool, Rovers and Dingles. Guess that one of the bonus of working in Preston and not locally to where I live. Plenty of opinions and talk about our football teams throughout the working week

I'm not buying the whole mane thing. There were times when he was benched or at afcon and they still rolled teams over. 

Nunez I think could come good, trouble is I don't think they're playing to his strengths  but I feel like when it clicks he could bang in a few. 

FA are apparently investigating Henderson racially abusing Gabriel. I'd be very surprised if there was any truth in that whatsoever. John Terry, Suarez etc you can fully beleive it could happen but not Henderson. 

• Like 1

Trent Alexander-Arnold has been sussed out big time. The better teams know that if he's putting in a cross, you can use the left flank to counter attack all the time. On current form it's like having Stuart Ripley at right back. Liverpool need a big rebuild this summer, with quite a few players shipped out, and replacements brought in. If Salah is kept out so far to the right, he's not effective, and a lot of the players like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Henderson and Keita are replaceable.

New faces and ideas are needed.

43 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Trent Alexander-Arnold has been sussed out big time. The better teams know that if he's putting in a cross, you can use the left flank to counter attack all the time.

It's always been the case to be fair and its been obvious for a few seasons so i cant beleive its taken teams this long to figure it out. What Liverpool are no longer doing effectively is having one of the midfield 3 drop in to cover TAA going forward. 

Liverpools best runs come when there are a  midfield 3 of Henderson, Fabinho and another more creative / attacking player. Henderson and Fabinho when they're on their game mop up absolutely everything and allow TAA and Robertson to bomb on. Henderson seems to have lost a little bit of intensity recently. 

Also whilst we're at it, TAA gets a lot of stick for his defending recently but VVD seems to be getting of scott free. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

have been watching forest vs villa,two poor sides who would`nt be out of place in the championship,villa especially hav`nt kicked on from last season,expect gerrard to be next on the dole

It’s a strange one with villa

Didnt see the game but checked the line ups and followed the score 

On paper that villa 11 what lined up today is a very good 11 and imo they are massively under achieving with the players and resources that have at there disposal. Gerrard needs to up find away to get a lot more out of this squad.

Forest got up playing a certain way with a smaller squad. How the manager is supposed to bed in 20 odd players , keep others happy and get them all learning his tactic, system and the way he plays in a very difficult league is going to be difficult. I can’t see it clicking in time for them to be safe. 

Forest sack two of their staff who were heavily involved in their summer recruitment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63225938

Don't meet the standard and you're out. Take note, Balaji. Any switched on, interested owner would be hauling Broughton into their office and asking him to explain the summer signings. Especially Szmodics and Hirst.

It might be because of the shit we've had to endure for 12 years, but I've got to hand it to Vincent Tan, the Pozzo's at Watford and Marinakis at Forest. These guys, whether people like them or not, have ambition and give their respective fans something to be hopeful about.

• Like 1

On 09/10/2022 at 18:34, J*B said:

Time will tell, but I've got a feeling that Arsenal will finish roundabout where they finished last season. The London-centric journalists have gone into overdrive because Arsenal are going through a purple patch and are top. Their sticky patch will come. They'll probably blame it on the world cup of something, whilst the real top teams will keep winning.

I should caveat this with the fact that I don't watch much Premier League football!

8 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Raya proving to be a top class epl keeper.  Great business rovers 

Dropped for Jayson Leutwiler (now a backup GK in non-league), sold for a pittance and replaced by Christian Walton. Well done Tony.

• Like 9

I'm surprised that there haven't yet been any comments on the Liverpool-City game.

It was an absolute cracker. A real heavyweight bout. 

Klopp got sent off. Guardiola moaning and moaning. 

I'll give credit to former Rovers loanee Harvey Elliott. Klopp played him and he did not disappoint. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
21 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I'm surprised that there haven't yet been any comments on the Liverpool-City game.

It was an absolute cracker. A real heavyweight bout. 

Klopp got sent off. Guardiola moaning and moaning. 

I'll give credit to former Rovers loanee Harvey Elliott. Klopp played him and he did not disappoint. 

Ref deserves some credit for letting the game flow. Hope there's more of that. They said they were going to do it this season, and are delivering for me so far.

Not having the moaning about Var then stepping in either. Don't blatantly pull shirts then. An arm round the shoulder etc may be overlooked, but a clear clothing tug is getting given every time. 

• Like 1

On 14/10/2022 at 22:59, frosty said:

Dropped for Jayson Leutwiler (now a backup GK in non-league), sold for a pittance and replaced by Christian Walton. Well done Tony.

And the money used to sign Gally!

Of all the clangers in TMs time this has to be the worst. It was so obvious Raya had that potential and to replace him.woth arguably the worst ever Rovers keeper (comfortably top 3) was madness. 

• Like 1