BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Hope potter gets it then he can take the England job in a couple of years with some real experience 

If he got the Chelsea job then I doubt he would take the England job.

The England job and indeed all international jobs in the main don't compare to top club roles.

He would either be a success at Chelsea and see the part time nature of international football to be a huge step down, or be damaged goods if it goes pear shaped.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If he got the Chelsea job then I doubt he would take the England job.

The England job and indeed all international jobs in the main don't compare to top club roles.

He would either be a success at Chelsea and see the part time nature of international football to be a huge step down, or be damaged goods if it goes pear shaped.

Or he'll do a good job, and at the first blip of form end up sacked. Everyone scratches their head as to why Chelsea have dispensed of a good manager and he'll be primed as Southgates replacement. 

• Like 1

Its appears from what I read and watched on the Tuchel sacking that Chelsea and owners have been planning to replace him for while. Tuchel has been losing so easy on the touchline that maybe a break will do him some good. 

Chelsea seemed to have done his research and want Potter. It's also appearing that Potter will be given time and be involved in all footballing decisions and make the club play the same style from under 16's straight through to first team. 

I hope Potter does well there if appoint. 

Wonder who Brighton will go for

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its appears from what I read and watched on the Tuchel sacking that Chelsea and owners have been planning to replace him for while. Tuchel has been losing so easy on the touchline that maybe a break will do him some good. 

Chelsea seemed to have done his research and want Potter. It's also appearing that Potter will be given time and be involved in all footballing decisions and make the club play the same style from under 16's straight through to first team. 

I hope Potter does well there if appoint. 

Wonder who Brighton will go for

Why did they back him to the tune of £300m , if they were planning binning him anyway? Surely would have made more sense to bring the new guy in first?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Why did they back him to the tune of £300m , if they were planning binning him anyway? Surely would have made more sense to bring the new guy in first?

It's ridiculous this decision wasnt taken earlier but did Tuchel hand pick all those players signed though?

He wouldn't have been doing that at Dortmund or PSG and the way Chelsea have been ran the manager has a say and players wouldn't be put in the squad without his ok   but the lists and recommendations of players are club driven.

Their new owner was playing football manager this summer.

5 hours ago, davulsukur said:

If you look into everything it appears a breakdown in the relationship between Tuchel and owners has played a major part in his sacking. 

If you look at what Chelsea owner did at his baseball is brought in a new coach in 2015 and he is still in place now. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Aubameyang was surely his at least.

Chelsea have made a huge mistake by signing him. 33 years old costing huge wages and transfer fee. Wonder if Potter will use him much

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

It's ridiculous this decision wasnt taken earlier but did Tuchel hand pick all those players signed though?

He wouldn't have been doing that at Dortmund or PSG and the way Chelsea have been ran the manager has a say and players wouldn't be put in the squad without his ok   but the lists and recommendations of players are club driven.

Their new owner was playing football manager this summer.

Yeah, I doubt he hand picked them all. Not sure how it works under the new owner. I assumed he had some input though. Again, i don't know but you assume players were bought to fit the style Tuchel wanted at the very least.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you look into everything it appears a breakdown in the relationship between Tuchel and owners has played a major part in his sacking. 

If you look at what Chelsea owner did at his baseball is brought in a new coach in 2015 and he is still in place now. 

Chelsea have made a huge mistake by signing him. 33 years old costing huge wages and transfer fee. Wonder if Potter will use him much

A breakdown between the owners & manager over transfers maybe? They seemed to be linked with loads of players and plenty of bids seemed to get put about.

10 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Also if Tuchel wasn't seen as a long term solution and this was planned. Why loan Lukaku, you're most expensive all time signing out to Inter Milan when he's in the prime of his career. 

Admittedly Lukaku was crap last year and he could have done more. But he also didn't fit into the system Tuchel was trying to play.

57 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

A breakdown between the owners & manager over transfers maybe? They seemed to be linked with loads of players and plenty of bids seemed to get put about.

From what I read it's just say breakdown between them but doesn't say what about.

Not sure about being linked with loads but they did miss out on 2 big targets for then in Raphinha and Lewandowski. 

• Like 1

They can bang on about long term projects, philosophies, styles etc but its easy to obsess over stuff like that, as important as they are.

If Chelsea struggle and finish 6th or 7th this season, will Potter be allowed to continue that plan if the signs on the pitch aren't showing that plan starting to come together? No.

Potter is at Chelsea training ground now with his 5 trusted coaching staff. 

I have read an article in the Athletic on their website about why they sacked him. Very interesting. Here is a video from them discussing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YarsUHN8__0&t=28s . @davulsukurthis provides plenty of insight why they sacked it. I have read the article but its behind a paywall so haven't posted about it

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

They can bang on about long term projects, philosophies, styles etc but its easy to obsess over stuff like that, as important as they are.

If Chelsea struggle and finish 6th or 7th this season, will Potter be allowed to continue that plan if the signs on the pitch aren't showing that plan starting to come together? No.

If you read some articles on why Chelsea new ownership sacked him for including him sending his agent to recruitment meetings cos he wanted to focus on training and being with the players more instead of the owners wanting his input into signings. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

My friends son is a bobby and he rang me last night to say he has been seconded to the Metropolitan Police for nine days from Monday when he and some colleagues (he didn't know the number) will be bussed down to London. He thinks every county will be doing similar. The reason is to prepare for the Queens funeral which he described as the biggest ever security detail this country has ever seen. It's only his opinion but he thinks all next weekend's fixtures in London will be cancelled through a lack of police resource. This will mean games at Spurs, Millwall,  QPR, Brentford and Chelsea being called off. I asked him about our match at Luton and he thinks it should go ahead but clearly depends on the resources left at Hertfordshire Constabulary and how many are seconded. He said they is a possibility they will call on more local police forces for reinforcements to keep costs down.

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

3 epl games postponed this coming weekend because of the funeral. This is getting ridiculous 

Brighton vs Palace was off already cos of the rail strike. 

Man Utd vs Leeds and Chelsea vs Liverpool which is down to police resources. Which is understand what is happening on Monday