BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ivan Toney again would come with a huge premium because he is English. Hes a decent Premier League striker but certainly not one for a Champions League side.

Hes an all round forward.  Hes a typical old style English forward. Far better than the likes of Calvert-Lewin or Wilson 

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

From the games I've seen him play he's strong quick.  Holds the ball up well. Expert penalty taker. I don't think Wilson has all those qualities 

Game of opinions mate . I’d take Wilson if it was a choice. Far better finisher 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

It looks like the Chelsea owner is trying to make his mark and as a result, he is ready to throw crazy money around. He's spent £60m on Cucurella which is far too much, IMO. Now he's after Gordon for a similar price.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a last ditch move for Ronaldo before the window shuts. They've let Werner and Lukaku go. They don't have much height up there. Can somebody please point him in the direction of Sam Gallagher? That will be £20m notes for you, thank you, Mr Boehly.

8 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Parker gone from Bournemouth, couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

A vastly overrated manager. Look at how Fulham improved when he left. Struggled to get them promoted too despite spending a load last season. And clearly unable to do anything when he isn't heavy favourite to win. 

• Like 1

I was surprised by the news that Parker had been sacked but when you read the statement and read Parker's comments about lack of transfers happening, players coming in and lack of PL experience in the squad. After all that you can understand why they parted ways and where they look next. 

I think MK Dons's head coach Liam Manning might be the right choice to replace him. 

35 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I see the media saying how hard done to he was and how hard it was for him to compete without backing. Such selective memories given what he spent in January. Amnesia it seems is rife in football. 

Championship players were brought in then and those players did the job they were brought in for to get them promoted. 

Parker was 100% right to call out the board on their lack of spending this summer.Relegation is a certainty with the squad of players they have.

I don't think Parker is a good manager but certainly think he has been hard done by getting sacked so early with minimal investment after succeeding in his objective of getting them promoted last season 

It's not much discussed in the media, from what I can tell, but the gap between the Premier League and the next tier has become even wider and we are effectively getting a domestic Super League with no relegation, because most relegated teams are likely to spring back up with the wealth they've attained. You'll have the same clubs circling the top flight, at this rate. It's not new but it's much worse, it seems, going off my impression.

It's enough to put me off professional football.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

It's not much discussed in the media, from what I can tell, but the gap between the Premier League and the next tier has become even wider and we are effectively getting a domestic Super League with no relegation, because most relegated teams are likely to spring back up with the wealth they've attained. You'll have the same clubs circling the top flight, at this rate. It's not new but it's much worse, it seems, going off my impression.

That is pretty much what is happening. The last 4 years 2 of the promoted teams have been teams in receipt of parachute payments.

23 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I've been saying this for the last 5 or 6 years. You're going to get 25 or so premier league teams and that's it soon. We picked the worst time to get relegated

Unfortunately, sadly it means that Bournemouth are a club with self-respect. With Venkys, we are not. Venkys have suffocated the life and soul of the club, to such an extent that we tolerate getting mauled by the likes of Fulham at home with 0 consequences at the time for the manager.

We will never really move forward with Venkys. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

Unfortunately, sadly it means that Bournemouth are a club with self-respect. With Venkys, we are not. Venkys have suffocated the life and soul of the club, to such an extent that we tolerate getting mauled by the likes of Fulham at home with 0 consequences at the time for the manager.

We will never really move forward with Venkys. 

And add Dundee United to the list of clubs where 9-0 is apparently not acceptable. Who would have known there are things like acceptable standards. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The Bournemouth owner probably didn't appreciate Parker demanding more investment publicly on the back of a 9-0 defeat.

Wonder where that leaves Rothwell? A new manager might not fancy him at all.

He could always just sit on his fat contract until it runs out, playing or not.

He has experience in managing such.