BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

M6 Commute

Anybody travel from Blackburn to Warrington each day can advise on traffic conditions? 
working at another branch for a few weeks just wondering when is best/worse time to travel 

I have been offered. 8-5pm 8.30-5.30 pm or 9-6pm .. 

11 minutes ago, AJW said:

Anybody travel from Blackburn to Warrington each day can advise on traffic conditions? 
working at another branch for a few weeks just wondering when is best/worse time to travel 

Mate of mine used to do that commute for years (Stopped in 2019), took 2hrs from Rossendale most days, M6/M56 was a nightmare, Stockport pyramid too. He actually packed the job in because of the commute in the end.

Unless you left at the crack of dawn and came home at 3pm you'd struggled.

Be interesting to hear if its still as bad, with more people working from home these days, good luck AJW.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Mate of mine used to do that commute for years (Stopped in 2019), took 2hrs from Rossendale most days, M6/M56 was a nightmare, Stockport pyramid too. He actually packed the job in because of the commute in the end.

Unless you left at the crack of dawn and came home at 3pm you'd struggled.

Be interesting to hear if its still as bad, with more people working from home these days, good luck AJW.

Yeah can imagine that from rossendale , but from where I am it’s straight M65-M6 

19 hours ago, AJW said:

Yeah can imagine that from rossendale , but from where I am it’s straight M65-M6 

Don't try and get there for 9 whatever you do. Tell then you'd like 7:30 until 4:30... 

If they won't let you do that then you're best 8am start, 5pm finish and join a local gym or something. Setting off at 5pm will be pretty much the same as setting off at 6pm. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AJW said:

I used to travel to Haydock for nights work and I would say the best shift you could do would 7am to 4pm or 7.30am to 4.30pm like JB as said. 

But all depends on Traffic and drivers driving properly. 

22 hours ago, AJW said:

Blackburn - Warrington exactly one hour on the train with change at Preston. 

The rain is a good plan but only if you're near the station at both ends.

I commuted from Penwortham to Warrington for the best part of 20 years although not since 2005. I could reckon on an hour most days to Great Sankey to the west of Warrington, so I didn't have to go into town. But many days it could be much worse. Coming home was always 20 minutes or so quicker.

Definitely opt for an 8am start, which will be a lot quicker than 9am.

I live a dozen or so miles south of Warrington. The M6 southbound is always snarled up in the mornings from the M62 approaches to Thelwall Viaduct and beyond. It’s the opposite, late afternoon onwards, when travelling north. You also have to factor in the smart motorway work on the M6 inbetween Wigan and the M62. In short, it’s a fecking nightmare and, if you have to use the M6, the earlier the better.

• Like 1