BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tickets for Bristol City Away

Good evening, I am just after some advice as never been to a Rovers away game before. We’re flying to Bristol from Jersey for the weekend on the 20th, the main reason for the trip is to attend the away game against Bristol City.

I have noticed on the website that tickets are only available for season ticket holders or 1875 members, this is even the case for next weekends game away to Rotherham.

Will tickets go on sale to the general public? I’m not a season ticket holder obviously as live in Jersey, however do have a Rovers account on the website and attended a home game last season, funnily enough also against Bristol City.

I can’t see it selling out due to the travel distance and time of the year, if all else fails though will have to get tickets in the home end!

Tickets go on open sale from next Wednesday 11th. But our initial allocation is 1,036 and it's conceivable those could sell out. No doubt there will be more available but there might be conditions on the sale of those e.g. no sale or return. As JohnD says I would call the ticket office.

• Like 1

Can't see you having an issue, it's a big old away end and don't think they usually let home fans in there so can't see why they wouldn't give us another block of tickets if required.

It's a good away end too, plenty of boozing and eating options at the back of the stand, one of the best in the league IMO.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Many thanks for the responses chaps! will be on the blower to the ticket office sharpish.

I got tickets last season late on and hoping to do the same again 

A great away day for all of those that haven’t been btw! A big old March down Gloucester Road before the games, plenty of beers and friendly chat, and then a night out in the harbour after 

As good a night you will get anywhere in the country 

And the fans are friendly too.

• Like 2

A bit weird at Bristol City so would exercise caution.

The away end is quite big but for some strange reason they refuse to open the front half of it, even when teams comfortably sell out their initial allocation. WBA went there last week and this happened - all the lower blocks were covered with netting even though WBA had sold the back out easily. So we wouldn't be given the full stand even if demand required it.

That won't be a problem for us as we won't sell out the back portion which runs the full width of the pitch but they don't seem to be very flexible with their policies there.

I also seem to recall issues with them in terms of not selling tickets on the day. They seem to be a bit funny there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I got tickets last season late on and hoping to do the same again 

A great away day for all of those that haven’t been btw! A big old March down Gloucester Road before the games, plenty of beers and friendly chat, and then a night out in the harbour after 

As good a night you will get anywhere in the country 

And the fans are friendly too.

That certainly is a big old walk if you're coming down Gloucester Road.....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That certainly is a big old walk if you're coming down Gloucester Road.....

Longest road in England I think it is

Some great pubs along the way. With little trips on the voi scooters they have to speed you along

If anybody is walking down that way - roughly an hour walk from the end of Gloucester Rd you want to be at - you want to stop off at a pub called "The Pipe and Slippers" before the march through the centre

They do a drink called the "Pipe Dream". It's £11 but it will make you forget about some of Morton's passing this season

To be honest even if you started in the centre there's a number of decent pubs worth stopping at: the harbour or the old city are two stand out points

• Like 2

There are indeed some fine pubs between Gloucester Road and Ashton Gate. One of my brothers-in-law lives just off Gloucester Road in Bishopston.

But it's the other who is a ST holder at City. He lives in Portishead so we rarely get beyond going to the Black Horse in Weston-in-Gordano, a wonderful pub but you need a car too get there (and an accommodating wife or sister-in-law to drive you).

• Like 1

On 11/01/2023 at 13:31, Gordon Gekko said:

Just bought our tickets!! any pub meet ups planned for before kick off?

On 05/01/2023 at 15:07, Dreams of 1995 said:

Longest road in England I think it is

Some great pubs along the way. With little trips on the voi scooters they have to speed you along

If anybody is walking down that way - roughly an hour walk from the end of Gloucester Rd you want to be at - you want to stop off at a pub called "The Pipe and Slippers" before the march through the centre

They do a drink called the "Pipe Dream". It's £11 but it will make you forget about some of Morton's passing this season

To be honest even if you started in the centre there's a number of decent pubs worth stopping at: the harbour or the old city are two stand out points

I agree. Some great pubs around Gloucester road. Pipe and slippers is fantastic. Just the wrong end of town for the game. Some good pubs over on Clifton which is a good stroll through the little bridge by Howells on the way to Ashton gate. The rose of Denmark is good 

16 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

What’s the best pubs to visit Neil? I’m guessing by your name you’re a Bristol resident! I’ve heard there’s quite a few good away pubs on the walk down to the stadium. 

I actually live on Gloucester road. By the drapers arms. Great little ale house, all the ales are from 30miles radius or so. Ashton gate is in bedminster which can be a little rough for away fans on match day but hotwells and Clifton nearby are really lovely. 

Grain barge, pump house, Nova Scotia all great right by the river which is a short walk across the bridge to Ashton gate. Would be up for a meet there somewhere? Great views of the suspension bridge. Grain barge is a pub on the river.

https://goo.gl/maps/vn7zzA18BCZTUxCHA

Could meet there? 1200?

The bear and the merchant arms in Howell's also great

Edited by Neilbristol

On 04/01/2023 at 20:08, Ossydave said:

Can't see you having an issue, it's a big old away end and don't think they usually let home fans in there so can't see why they wouldn't give us another block of tickets if required.

It's a good away end too, plenty of boozing and eating options at the back of the stand, one of the best in the league IMO.

hello mate are you coming to the Bristol game? im trying to arrange a bit of a rovers meet up before the game! 

Just a quick note for travelling fans - Bristol has implemented a vehicle emissions zone - starts at end of M32 and soon after leaving M5 onto the portway——it’s £9 entry for non-compliant vehicles.  
for killers concert in summer at Ashton Gate we used the avonmouth park and ride - regular buses straight into the city and a pretty good service.