BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

PNE knocked £100 or so off and went from c8k to 12k, you said yourself the other day that we are the better club, so why wouldn’t we do the same?

(We need both).

Not to mention the nobbers had a real push with loads of volunteers hand delivering leaflets across the Preston Borough and neighbouring areas, they had a real sense of locality.  We need a bit of a marketing and PR push like that coupled with a decrease in the price of tickets.

Any positives on the numbers are going to be marginal. Waggott talks about marginal gains, and that's exactly what you're going to get if everything goes according to his plan.

When last season's Kwik Save period ended on 30th June, Rovers sold an estimated 7,977 season tickets.

Over the last four days (the only reliable sample I can use), we're selling around 10 season tickets per day. If that average daily sales figure continues, by 1st July, we'll have sold around 8,300 compared to 7,977 last year. So we should, at the very least, be 300 season tickets ahead of last season.

I think that would be the worst case scenario. The only way I can see that being better than just a few hundred extra season ticket holders is good transfer activity, a pay day or two, a spike of people buying late, etc. It's a bit hard to tell.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

PNE knocked £100 or so off and went from c8k to 12k, you said yourself the other day that we are the better club, so why wouldn’t we do the same?

(We need both).

I doesn’t matter what Bolton or PNE are doing, I’m concerned with Blackburn Rovers only and I know the support and how it works. 

With these owners and championship football, only giving them away for £150/£200 would see big increases, as Bradford City do, £100 off will sell very few more in my opinion. 

Be good to put this to the test though Matty, can’t see it happening though as nobody cares enough at Ewood right now.

Edited by Gav

22 minutes ago, Gav said:

I doesn’t matter what Bolton or PNE are doing, I’m concerned with Blackburn Rovers only and I know the support and how it works. 

With these owners and championship football, only giving them away for £150/£200 would see big increases, as Bradford City do, £100 off will sell very few more in my opinion. 

Be good to put this to the test though Matty, can’t see it happening though as nobody cares enough at Ewood right now.

Why do you think our support ‘works’ differently to Bolton’s and/PNE’s?

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I disagree @47er

We sold just over 9000 last season with half season tickets I think, knock £100 off and we’d possibly shift 10k.

Our average gates are around 14k, with away support, the numbers don’t stack up.

Success on the pitch brings punters through the gate and season ticket increases, we need promotion, not £100 discount. 

Of course PL football would bring thousands more through the gate.

But to imply that reducing the price of tickets, assuming that all other things remain equal, wouldn't also increase numbers (albeit not to the same extent) flies in the face of business practice.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

I completely agree. You’d have to include the ribble valley (where a lot of support for Rovers comes from, Wilpshire, Mellor, Clitheroe, Whalley…)

JohnD claims Preston and Bolton are better supported clubs than Rovers, yet can’t come up with ANY proof of his (wrong) claim.  

Not true, but I'm used to that.

I stated average gates as justification.

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Of course PL football would bring thousands more through the gate.

But to imply that reducing the price of tickets, assuming that all other things remain equal, wouldn't also increase numbers (albeit not to the same extent) flies in the face of business practice.

Indeed it would and does.

15 hours ago, J*B said:

It’s all about your own standards. Personally, I’d sack people for being happy with 8,100 season tickets. 

The club were expecting sales of around 6,500..work that one out after last Season??

Left Foot doesnt know what the Right Foot is doing down Ewood way🤪

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I know how the support works too funny enough.

But yes we’ll never know 100% till we try it… but guess what PNE and Bolton didn’t know until they tried either. So let’s get shut of Swag, give it a go and see how it goes!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I didn’t imply that, I said the increase would be minimal, 10k’ish in the current climate if you knocked £100 off in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

I didn’t imply that, I said the increase would be minimal, 10k’ish in the current climate if you knocked £100 off in my opinion. 

I think how many more were sold with this sort of decrease in price would depend, in part, as to whether match day prices were reduced as well.

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

We sold 9,300 last season, you honestly think we’d only sell 700 more at PNE prices, even though when they reduced by £100 they went from 7.5 to 12k.

If so, why?

Edited by Mattyblue

29 minutes ago, JohnD said:

2022/23 average home attendances ('000)

Bolton 19

Preston 16.1

Blackburn 14.7

Blackpool 12.6

Source : World Football Average attendance home matches 22/23

At cheaper prices…

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We sold 9,300 last season, you honestly think we’d only sell 700 more at PNE prices, even though when they reduced by £100 they went from 7.5 to 12k.

If so, why?

We sold 8700 at the discounted price, but let’s not split hairs.

But to answer your question directly:

Venkys and 11yrs of taking the piss out the fan base and Blackburn public In general.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

We sold 8700 at the discounted price, but let’s not split hairs.

But to answer your question directly:

Venkys and 11yrs of taking the piss out the fan base and Blackburn public In general.

That didn’t answer my question.

But as you said on your previous post it’s worth a try, so let’s hope Swag fecks off ASAP so we can give it a go…

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That didn’t answer my question.

But as you said on your previous post it’s worth a try, so let’s hope Swag fecks off ASAP so we can give it a go…

I answered it very directly:

Venkys and 11yrs of them taking the piss out the fan base and Blackburn public is the reason we'll not sell 11k+ by knocking £100 off the price. 

• Like 1

So you honestly think we’d only sell 700 extra STs with a £100 reduction even though when PNE reduced them by £100+ they sold 4,000+ extra?

How daft, most floating fans don’t give a shiny shite about the owners, they do care about their wallet.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So you honestly think we’d only sell 700 extra STs with a £100 reduction even though when PNE reduced them by £100+ they sold 4,000+ extra?

How daft, most floating fans don’t give a shiny shite about the owners, they do care about their wallet.

700 extra season tickets? 😂 

As Gooz mentions above, we’d need to sell thousands more during the discount period alone to hit this target, no chance! 

Venkys have seen to that.

Edited by Gav

Yes, if you think we’d only sell 10k with reduced prices it would only be an extra 700 to sell from the 9,300 we finished last season with.

Yes every chance as PNE have proved. They had less than 8k before they reduced prices, they now sell c12k.

End of the day I think we’d sell PNE-esque numbers, you don’t because you think the floating fanbase have some issue with the owners. So we will just go round in circles until we get a CEO that will take a chance.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, 700, to take us to the 10k you think we’d sell from the 9,300 we finished last season with.

Yes every chance as PNE have proved. They had less than 8k before they reduced prices, they now sell c12k.

End of the day I think we’d sell PNE-esque numbers, you don’t because you think the floating fanbase have some issue with the owners.

We will just go round in circles here until we get a CEO that will take a chance.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon Matty, it seems like it’s already in full swing 👍

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have them.

Edited by Gav