BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Favourite rovers' player performance this century

• Backroom

Pedersen vs Wigan away. The NYE game more famous for THAT Reid goal, but Pedersen was magnificent all game, and topped it off with an equally superb third goal, volleying in from an incredibly tight angle.

• Like 1

Two Simon Garner memories.

Scoring all 5 against Derby (I sponsored the match ball that day and didn't get it afterwards- no idea why!)

And the hattrick against City in the 4-0 win which took him to all time record scorer. The front of the Darwen End was a mass of discarded inflatable bananas. Sadly that was the day of the Hillsborough Disaster which completely over shadowed a sensational Rovers performance and historic achievement. 

The best team goal I have seen Rovers score was at Ewood against Luton in the League in a 2-1 win sometime in the mid-70s.

We won the ball down in the corner at the Darwen End (I think it was off John Aston who was playing out his declining years for the Hatters) and then embarked in a stunning first time passing movement the length of the pitch including one of those Metcalfe special feints and outrageous pinpoint passes back out to the wing. Finally it was firmly played along the ground from inside right to just inside the box and the on running Ken Beamish. Everyone expected it to be skied over the Blackburn End in true Beamo fashion. Instead he met it perfectly hammering it into the far bottom corner.

I swear Ewood went silent for a second or two as everyone tried to calibrate what we had just witnessed.

There was a recent game (I say "recent", must have been in the last 10 years) when Rovers were away and scored a glorious team goal. The commentators counted the number of passes that Rovers made before scoring. Can't think who it was against. Maybe a Yorkshire team?

34 minutes ago, bazza said:

There was a recent game (I say "recent", must have been in the last 10 years) when Rovers were away and scored a glorious team goal. The commentators counted the number of passes that Rovers made before scoring. Can't think who it was against. Maybe a Yorkshire team?

Any chance it’s this one?

• Like 2

Yes that was brilliant at Derby.

The goal at home to Luton had far fewer passes but was stunning for the speed the ball traveled forward with one time passes from down in the corner with a brilliant right back tackle, along the right flank to the first touch strike by Beamish. Beamo was on his own with nobody else advanced because the move was so quick so the final pass had to be perfect in weight and direction.

Possibly just six or seven touches after the initial tackle. Metcalfe was involved twice with two give and goes.

13 hours ago, philipl said:

Scoring all 5 against Derby (I sponsored the match ball that day and didn't get it afterwards- no idea why!)

And the hattrick against City in the 4-0 win which took him to all time record scorer. The front of the Darwen End was a mass of discarded inflatable bananas. Sadly that was the day of the Hillsborough Disaster which completely over shadowed a sensational Rovers performance and historic achievement. 

The City extended highlights were supposed to be on Granada that night, some fella called Martin Tyler was commentating.

Obviously it was cancelled on that tragic day and put on at about 1am days later. We recorded it and must have watched it dozens of times, as it was rare to get more than an odd snippet of a goal on the local news in those days (maybe part of the round up on Saint ‘n Greavsie if you were lucky!)

Edited by Mattyblue

16 hours ago, philipl said:

• Like 1