BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham (a) - 12/08/2023

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No it's not.  It shows the player thinks it's a card and the ref disagrees. I certainly don't look at it and think the ref has lost control depending on whether he gives a card or not.

Now if the players start crowding the ref, or barging him, or facing him to take a step back then that is different. book them all day. But where do you stop. If a player gets barged over in the box and a player turns round with his arms out an appeals that's not between the two of the. If the ref gives the penalty has he lost control? What if a player thinks it's a corner, appeals and starts taking the ball towards the corner flag?

I get it's the now the rule, refs have to enforce it and players will stop doing it and all that. But I really see card waving as very low down the issues with the game. For example, there have already been two instances this season where I have seen where a defender has barged a striker out of the way to let it go for a goal kick and the striker has collided with the advertisement board. Anywhere else on the pitch then it's a foul. In this case it's even dangerous as the player falling could bang their head on the boards surrounding. And yet it's ignored. I'd rather referees were instructed / advised to get things like that under control than a lad sat on the floor laughing waving a card.

To tell the truth, it doesn't matter what you or I think. Those who make the rules have made a decission and have brought in a rule that can be implemented. The refs have to be consistant in doing that, and the players have to learn quickly. I remember when shouting, leave it, when the opposition were going for the ball was prevalent. This was made illegal and the refs punished it with a freekick; it soon went out of the game.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, rigger said:

To tell the truth, it doesn't matter what you or I think. Those who make the rules have made a decission and have brought in a rule that can be implemented. The refs have to be consistant in doing that, and the players have to learn quickly. I remember when shouting, leave it, when the opposition were going for the ball was prevalent. This was made illegal and the refs punished it with a freekick; it soon went out of the game.

As I said I don't blame the ref on Saturday for the second yellow. He just needs other refs to make sure they follow suit in order to keep consistent to not make him look an idiot. 

The first booking we've not discussed. That's a joke as well. 😁

Edited by Hasta

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

As I said I don't blame the ref on Saturday for the second yellow. He just needs other refs to make sure they follow suit in order not to make him look an idiot. 

The first booking we've not discussed. That's a joke as well. 😁

Have the new rules been explained to the players ? If so I have no sympathy with a player who breaks a rule and is punished, then a few minutes later breaks another rule and gets punished again. It is up to the players to manage their own games. Szmodic showed what to do, after his equaliser.

Waving imaginary cards is unsporting conduct as you are trying to get an opponent booked or sent off. 

For me that is in the same category as diving or feigning injury and I would like to see such things punished with a straight red. That shit really does bring the whole sport into disrepute. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Waving imaginary cards is unsporting conduct as you are trying to get an opponent booked or sent off. 

For me that is in the same category as diving or feigning injury and I would like to see such things punished with a straight red. That shit really does bring the whole sport into disrepute. 

Amen brother - straight red for diving or trying to get an opponent booked/sent off. 

• Like 2