BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham (a) - 12/08/2023

1 win in 7 there since they moved to there "new ground".

I think we might see a similar pattern to last season with games like this not being for us, think Reading, Cardiff, Wigan, Coventry, Rotherham etc.

Rotherham 1 Rovers 0

• Like 1

They'll press, they'll hump it forwards and they'll hit us with as many set pieces as they can win.

Everything we didn't like or cope with last season so lets see if we can get to grips with it this time.

Surely it can't be as bad as last season !

Millers  2    Rovers  2

• Like 2

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Rotherham (a) - 12/08/2023
  • Backroom

Might be a good time to play them as such a poor start against Stoke might have dented their confidence early on. Alternatively it could galvanise them to perform better. I guess we'll see.

Last season's result was one of the most humiliating in recent memory - and came fairly soon after our abject surrender to Burnley - so certainly expect a big improvement this time around.

Edited by DE.

14 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

1 win in 7 there since they moved to there "new ground".

I think we might see a similar pattern to last season with games like this not being for us, think Reading, Cardiff, Wigan, Coventry, Rotherham etc.

Rotherham 1 Rovers 0

from january onwards,we saw less of those horrible performances,think we`ve left them behind

• Like 1

Season stats to date

2 games played 

2 games won

2 new signings not yet made a debut

22 players started

of whom 

7 made full senior debuts

12 are academy graduates

6 goals scored

6 different goalscorers 

of whom 

5 scored their first senior goal for the club.

Having said all that, my guess is the same eleven who started against West Brom will start at Rotherham although Garrett and Gilsenan will be included on the bench.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Winnable game, let's see if our away form can start off well.

Had another look at our fixtures, didn't realise after Hull, Plymouth and Watford, we then have Boro, Sunderland, Coventry, Leicester  lol some tough start that 

Yes but that run comes after the window has shut and the international break.

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The worst set of players in the league. But worryingly not only a bogey ground for us, but they are full of big, physical players which could trouble our young, small teams. Clash of styles. 

Didn't help WBA now did it

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Polky said:

As long as we don’t play like we did last season, we should be fine.

1-0 Markanday

Daft as It may seem, I would be reasonably OK with playing reasonably similarly to last season provided we convert our chances and cut out the brain dead defending which gifted them their chances and goals.

Anyone looking at the overall match stats without knowing the score would never guess the home side had won 4-0.

What I am hoping for is some real devilment in Rovers play to go with the improvement in moving the ball around at pace. 

Stoke showed how it needs to be done against Rotherham on Saturday but even they gifted the Millers a goal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

Daft as It may seem, I would be reasonably OK with playing reasonably similarly to last season provided we convert our chances and cut out the brain dead defending which gifted them their chances and goals.

Anyone looking at the overall match stats without knowing the score would never guess the home side had won 4-0.

What I am hoping for is some real devilment in Rovers play to go with the improvement in moving the ball around at pace. 

Stoke showed how it needs to be done against Rotherham on Saturday but even they gifted the Millers a goal.

It's also about time we got the benefit of whatever lady luck is handing out away to Rotherham, it's been a while since we won there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, philipl said:

That and the fact that their goals themselves were a bit freakish. Two worldie finishes from players who score one in ten. Another direct from a corner. We were poor - no question - but it was also one of those days where everything went right for one team.

It's impossible to be too confident for any away game in the Championship, but I'm feeling good about this one. They're down on troops already and even with our attacking injuries, we should have comfortably the better team on paper, with a better XI and better options off the bench. 0-2 Rovers. 

• Like 1