BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham (a) - 12/08/2023

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

Well I can't. Watch the game on me telly, casting from me phone.  My joy at our win last Saturday was tempered Sat night/Sun morning when iur house burned down, lost pretty.much everything.  Everyone and the dog.got.out.unscathed.but.co.e Sunday morning all I had was.a.bathrobe and slippers which I was wearing.  I will just have.to.settle watching us on the small screen if me phone.

20230806_090445.jpg

20230806_083650.jpg

20230806_083638.jpg

Im sorry hear that @USABlue, I’m glad you and your family are safe 😀

On 08/08/2023 at 09:45, tomphil said:

They'll press, they'll hump it forwards and they'll hit us with as many set pieces as they can win.

Everything we didn't like or cope with last season so lets see if we can get to grips with it this time.

Surely it can't be as bad as last season !

Millers  2    Rovers  2

We are a completely different side to then, only reason dingles and Preston smashed us cause we was still teething into the new system 

Last season we had teething problems into a new system, we can’t be traumatised by this fixture cause of last season, as mentioned above the line up was poor, we are a much better and fitter team, we will use the pitch well and make it as big as possible cause like millwall you have to pass these teams off the park. Last season we got dicked by bang average Preston at home, dicked by reading but again like said above we caught teams at the wrong time cause of how we was at our worst and how good they was doing in some cases, even the dingle away game they caught us at our worst and jdt still not knowing his best team yet, all different now

Pears 

Jrc.  Carter hyam   Pickering 

Travis.   Tronstad szmodics   

Markanday leanord Dolan 

subs: Leo, Wharton, batty, brittain, Wharton, Buckley, hedges, ennis, Gallagher 

21 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

We are a completely different side to then, only reason dingles and Preston smashed us cause we was still teething into the new system 

It's early season and we are bedding in more youth so i'd expect an equally tough game.

We aren't totally different at all the same basics were there last week in the first half and some would argue we are weaker up top at present than we were then.

Hopefully we get a grip early and on the set pieces and don't turn into wet wipes again if we go behind.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's early season and we are bedding in more youth so i'd expect an equally tough game.

We aren't totally different at all the same basics were there last week in the first half and some would argue we are weaker up top at present than we were then.

Hopefully we get a grip early and on the set pieces and don't turn into wet wipes again if we go behind.

The team is much better balanced this season abd I would say better in quality too 

18 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

The team is much better balanced this season abd I would say better in quality too 

Yeah i do think we have better balance with BBD out of the team i said so last year when he was injured.

Hopefully this time around the coach and staff are better prepared for these types of away games i think there was i naivety there as well last season, understandable.

40 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Last season we had teething problems into a new system, we can’t be traumatised by this fixture cause of last season, as mentioned above the line up was poor, we are a much better and fitter team, we will use the pitch well and make it as big as possible cause like millwall you have to pass these teams off the park. Last season we got dicked by bang average Preston at home, dicked by reading but again like said above we caught teams at the wrong time cause of how we was at our worst and how good they was doing in some cases, even the dingle away game they caught us at our worst and jdt still not knowing his best team yet, all different now

Pears 

Markanday leanord Dolan 

Be harsh if Gilsenen doesn't make the bench after a goal and assist midweek 

43 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Pears 

Markanday leanord Dolan 

Think you have to have Gilsenen in there, even if it’s just on the bench. 

I’d replace JRC with Brittain - I know JRC was fantastic last season but think he will start slower this season (not sure if it is a fitness thing or from the knock last game but just a feeling I have). I think JDT will start with Dolan but I really would give Zak a go.

On 09/08/2023 at 18:51, Danny O.Brien said:

Hopefully a lot of the players will still be hurting from the result there last season and will want to prove a point. In this league you can't tell how a game is going to turn out but I'm hopeful we will be more consistent this season. If we want to be competing at the top we need to steamroll teams like this. But given last season I'll take a win.

That's called professional pride and I'm confident that JDT will use it to, erm, remind the team of their responsibilities.

Cutting last year's team a - little - bit of slack, we played at Rotherham while the team was still getting used to the JDT style of football, even if - I wasn't there - they got bullied out of the game.

Reading their local press, they're already playing the "Poor little us; we've no real financial muscle to compete in the Championship" card. As they proved last Saturday by losing 4 -1 to Stoke City. (The second and third of those came during at least 8 minutes of first half stoppage time!)

Arguably as worrying was only drawing at home - then losing on penalties - when Morecambe knocked them out of the Carabao Cup during the week.

According to the stupid - really? after one match?! - league table [except, of course to tonight's Premier League table!!😉🤞], they're next to the bottom of the Championship. So the "form book" predicts an away win and I certainly hope the team will deliver one; hopefully without conceding a goal this year to make up for last year.

So I think the major interest for us will lie in whether Waldstedt will make his debut or merely be on the bench. My guess that the boss will take the view that we haven't signed him to keep the bench warm and that he'll make his debut. And record his first - of many🤞 - clean sheets.

Millers 0; Rovers 3 for me.

Oh, and my sympathies, too, to @USABlue.  It brings it home when you kind-of "know" someone who's suffered a misfortune like you have.

Edited by R0verb0y
1) Mending my manners & 2) Showing my loyalties!!!
  • Like 1

Fixtures like this is where experience can help.  Take a professional approach to a match you should win and not overlooking the opposition is something young players need to learn.  That and seeing a game out while on the road, with the supports screaming and the opposition piling numbers forward.  I think experience is mostly an over rated way of players on the decline getting one last shot a high wages, but this is where it could really be helpful to have a few lads to ensure the side provides they sort of performance required to get 3 points to an inferior side on the road. 

7 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Fixtures like this is where experience can help.  Take a professional approach to a match you should win and not overlooking the opposition is something young players need to learn.  That and seeing a game out while on the road, with the supports screaming and the opposition piling numbers forward.  I think experience is mostly an over rated way of players on the decline getting one last shot a high wages, but this is where it could really be helpful to have a few lads to ensure the side provides they sort of performance required to get 3 points to an inferior side on the road. 

Or we score enough goals that we have no worries.

• Like 1

Couple of suggestions that even a narrow defeat wouldn't be that bad.

We are playing Rotherham. Obviously a loss isn't terminal and they do have strengths that could exploit our lack of experience and physicality, but come on. Probably the worst side in the league on paper, a defeat would be a huge disappointment. Don't get an attitude of anything other than that.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Couple of suggestions that even a narrow defeat wouldn't be that bad.

We are playing Rotherham. Obviously a loss isn't terminal and they do have strengths that could exploit our lack of experience and physicality, but come on. Probably the worst side in the league on paper, a defeat would be a huge disappointment. Don't get an attitude of anything other than that.

I don't know about a loss not being too bad. If we lose to Rotherham I will be really pissed off.

• Like 3