BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham (a) - 12/08/2023

3 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Don’t know if it’s just me, but I get pissed off when any team (not just rovers)

A) play in their away kit, when the home could be worn.

B) similarly, play in their third kit, when their away kit could be worn.

As a traditionalist I fully understand that mate but in this commercially driven world we live in money talks.

My granddaughter had her home kit ready for today as I really thought (perhaps naively) that we would be in it today. She is now wearing yellow but isn't happy because it's the only one she has without a name or number on it 😂😂.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Three wishes:

Stuff Rotherham, @roverandout's dad makes a storming recovery, and @USABlue and his family power through this crisis.

Lads - we don't know each other or even a whole lot about each other but we're all here aren't we, so we have that much in common. Best of luck to both of you. 💪

Thanks 

Just been for breakfast here - https://www.yummyyorkshire.co.uk/hide-hoof-farm-restaurant/  Its relatively local to us and they do a great breakfast. You always see football fans in here on route to games, we got talking to some Barnsley fans on route to Bristol, a PNE fan and 2 Rovers fans from Wakefield. 

Its still blowing a Hooley - Confidence is high - Rotherham 1 Rovers 2

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

“It’s good to have Sam back because we all know how good Sam is and how good he’s been for the team"

Well said JDT. 

As the main striker at the club this could be his season, some people thrive being the number 1, some people fade into oblivion, time will tell.

But one thing is for sure, we all hope he scores 20 goals this season, because along with his exceptional work rate, we need more goals.

Over to you Sam.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gav said:

As the main striker at the club this could be his season, some people thrive being the number 1, some people fade into oblivion, time will tell.

But one thing is for sure, we all hope he scores 20 goals this season, because along with his exceptional work rate, we need more goals.

Over to you Sam.

I'll take the bet that he won't. If he gets half that I'll be incredibly surprised.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'll take the bet that he won't. If he gets half that I'll be incredibly surprised.

Our 2nd highest scorer last season with 8. 

What does that say about the rest of the attackers in our team?

Works as hard as Smzodics and was involved in more goals last year than Smzodics, but Szmods is God apparently. 

Very odd. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Gallagher has averaged about 8 goals a season whilst not playing as a first choice out and out central striker. If he was the main striker for a season, playing through the middle, he should get to 10 fairly comfortably, and 12 wouldn't be outlandish, but probably much more than that is unlikely.

I don't really want him to be our out and out starting centre forward for the whole season though.

39 minutes ago, AspRover said:

Gallagher has averaged about 8 goals a season whilst not playing as a first choice out and out central striker. If he was the main striker for a season, playing through the middle, he should get to 10 fairly comfortably, and 12 wouldn't be outlandish, but probably much more than that is unlikely.

I don't really want him to be our out and out starting centre forward for the whole season though.

I'm not here to run him down in a game thread - he's just not good enough (and was played centrally a lot last year).

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

“It’s good to have Sam back because we all know how good Sam is and how good he’s been for the team"

Well said JDT. 

And this is why, just when you start to dare to have high hopes for JDT for some of the comments he makes rightly holding management to account, he sticks a pin in any potential optimism you might be feeling leaving you as perky as a deflated balloon.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

There's more chance of us winning the Champions League inside three years. He's only just managed to scrape 21 in the 3 seasons since returning permanently.

"Exceptional work rate".....Hmmmmm.

Deliberately avoiding getting into positions from where he would be more likely to score more like.

• Like 1