BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

4 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Worth noting Preston’s financial precarious position. Administration would be a disaster for many local employees and for local suppliers, so in the short term we can only hope the money keeps coming. 

What about the detrimental effect they have had on the town over the last 13 years?

They have caused so much destruction beyond just the club.

I hope their money stops coming in and we can finally move on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Elliot saying reporting on the threat of a winding order would be sensationalist as the information has been readily available for 9 months.

This is what we're up against.

Fuck off Elliot and do your fucking job.

Him and the amoeba brained cretins that call themselves fans are as big a part of the problem as maggot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Elliot saying reporting on the threat of a winding order would be sensationalist as the information has been readily available for 9 months.

This is what we're up against.

Yet this is the same journo who wrote an article last week saying 'Rovers need five more signings this January to make it a perfect window'. Whilst also adding that the return of Hedges, Gallagher and JRC would make the squad much stronger. Talk about spin.

What world is he living in, thinking that a club that hasn't got a pot to pee in, with dickhead owners like these, is going to make five such signings?

That article is selling positivity based on nothing but dreams and wishful thinking. That's not sensationalist though, oh no, but factual information about a threat of winding up order is?

How many times have we heard fans say 'the young lads have a year's more experience under their belts, and we have x, y and z returning from injury, so the squad is actually stronger' when the club has just had a pathetic transfer window? Utter crap that is.

Nothing but spin to drum up false positivity. Not from everybody who says that, I should add, but there has certainly been a few plants across social media coming out with that one over the last few years.

The twitter sheep will jump on that Jackson article and repeat 'we need five signings, we've already made two, be patient' until they are blue in the face. When those signings don't happen, as is inevitable, it will be a case of:

A:'"We've got no money"

B: "Why have you got no money?"

A:'"Because of the shit fans that don't turn up".

Start saying it as it is, Elliot! PR crap does nothing but keep the charade rolling on.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

What about the detrimental effect they have had on the town over the last 13 years?

They have caused so much destruction beyond just the club.

I hope their money stops coming in and we can finally move on.

What do you think moving on will mean for our finances?

• Like 1

No issue with LET journalist,

Though the fact he is rehashing minutes and meetings he didn't attend as news , then admitting he ain't ever had a meeting with SWAG himself , somewhat loses credibility.

The SWAG is very accessible , and if people who don't get paid can get meetings in their own time, you'd thijk the local RAG could, or at least a call to substantiate or deny.

No wonder the sales of newspapers are dropping 

Edited by glen9mullan

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

I think there is an inevitable outcome that eventually the Directorate of Enforcement will eventually get round to examining Rovers. My reading of the situation is that once that happens no funds at all will be able to be sent overseas to keep us going.

I think there is a strong possibility that they will eventually realise there is something Amis. Venky’s are treading a very dangerous path with the bond, as they are saying, they are protecting their investment with the money they send. How that can be the case when they have already lost £200m is up for debate.

As we all know on here, any more money the send will go into the same abyss that the rest has, so what investment are they protecting exactly.

56 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

What do you think moving on will mean for our finances?

What do you think not moving on will do for them?

I suppose they'll have your £700 for a season ticket along with all the other happy clappers as we start a new season in none league.

Only one way things are going with venkys.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

What do you think not moving on will do for them?

I suppose they'll have your £700 for a season ticket along with all the other happy clappers as we start a new season in none league.

Only one way things are going with venkys.

I sit in the Riverside, so don't pay £700..... I've been going to Ewood since 1970 and I'm not a happy-clapper, which is a terrible insult to many Rovers fans who do not share (whatever) your view might be.

I want Venkys gone and find our current situation unbearable, but the questions I ask are genuine ones.  If we went into administration, how many people would lose their jobs?  How would we pay for the academy?  How many players would we need to sell?  If we were able to find new owners, how would they subsidise the club to current levels?  And for how long?

They are the practical issue are play.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I sit in the Riverside, so don't pay £700..... I've been going to Ewood since 1970 and I'm not a happy-clapper, which is a terrible insult to many Rovers fans who do not share (whatever) your view might be.

I want Venkys gone and find our current situation unbearable, but the questions I ask are genuine ones.  If we went into administration, how many people would lose their jobs?  How would we pay for the academy?  How many players would we need to sell?  If we were able to find new owners, how would they subsidise the club to current levels?  And for how long?

Agreed - we can't afford to have a 'Venky's out at all costs' approach; we have to have a pragmatic view.

We all (or at least the vast majority) want them out, but the simple fact is that their money is covering all costs such as the Academy, general operating costs and salaries.
All of those cost millions upon millions every year.

Those bills are still there, even with Venky's gone. We can't just close our eyes, shove our fingers in our ears and shout 'Venky's out'.

Starting again from League 1/2 is not the worst case scenario.
What the solution is, I have no idea, but we cannot be reckless with the future of the club.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

How many people have already lost their jobs due to venkys?

How many more will?

Will they continue funding?

We are heading towards League One. It's a case of when not if.

Blackburn Rovers are one of only seven clubs to have won the premier league. This defeatist argument of "who will buy the club" is total nonsense.

Just look at all the clubs that have been bought and sold over the last 13 years. A prime example - Hull City.

Don't be frightened, there's nothing to be afraid of.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

How many people have already lost their jobs due to venkys?

How many more will?

Will they continue funding?

We are heading towards League One. It's a case of when not if.

Blackburn Rovers are one of only seven clubs to have won the premier league. This defeatist argument of "who will buy the club" is total nonsense.

Just look at all the clubs that have been bought and sold over the last 13 years. A prime example - Hull City.

Don't be frightened, there's nothing to be afraid of.

Who is going to bridge the annual £20m losses?  

21 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

It’s got SO bad for me though, I do wonder what’s the point. If hardcore fans don’t care anymore, the club is finished anyway. If the ONLY way to get rid of the owners is Admin, then Admin it is. 

How many people would lose their job btw?

If i was a rovers employee, I couldn’t really complain that the warning signs weren’t there, particularly after 12 years of this shit show. I’d have been off stacking shelves at Asda after about 6 months of witnessing how these owners operate. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

How many people have already lost their jobs due to venkys?  I have no idea (do you know?), but we can't change the past.  We have to take into account staff who may be at risk.  Surely you agree.

How many more will?  I don't know, but I can only conclude that administration will be even worse.  

Will they continue funding?  I have no idea.

We are heading towards League One. It's a case of when not if.   We finished 7th last season and until November we were in the top half.  Yes we face increasing challenges and we are in a form of purgatory.  But what's your point?

Blackburn Rovers are one of only seven clubs to have won the premier league. This defeatist argument of "who will buy the club" is total nonsense.  Have you any evidence to support your claim?  It's a genuine question, because I hope you do.

Just look at all the clubs that have been bought and sold over the last 13 years. A prime example - Hull City.  I don't know much about Hull.  What are their operating costs?  Do they carry our levels of debt?  

Don't be frightened, there's nothing to be afraid of.  I don't share your optimism because I haven't seen evidence to support it.  Again, I wish it was not the case, and my questions are not about point-scoring , they are trying to work out what are real options are.

I've tried to answer above. 

6 minutes ago, toogs said:

It’s got SO bad for me though, I do wonder what’s the point. If hardcore fans don’t care anymore, the club is finished anyway. If the ONLY way to get rid of the owners is Admin, then Admin it is. 

How many people would lose their job btw?

If i was a rovers employee, I couldn’t really complain that the warning signs weren’t there, particularly after 12 years of this shit show. I’d have been off stacking shelves at Asda after about 6 months of witnessing how these owners operate. 

I share your pain toogs.  I think it is a reasonable view to say that 50 people losing their jobs, having to sell Brockhall and our best players is worth administration and freedom from Venkys, but let's be honest about the options.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I've tried to answer above. 

Enjoy your days watching venkys FC in the National League North then.

I'm sure they'll still find a way to lose 20m a year still.

Nothing to see here. Carry on lads.

Edited by Upside Down

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I share your pain toogs.  I think it is a reasonable view to say that 50 people losing their jobs, having to sell Brockhall and our best players is worth administration and freedom from Venkys, but let's be honest about the options.

Hasn’t that bit already been done?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Enjoy your days watching venkys FC in the National League North then.

I'm sure they'll still find a way to lose 20m a year.

Nothing to see here.

We can have a serious discussion, or not.  

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Hasn’t that bit already been done?

Indeed.

22 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

We can have a serious discussion, or not.  

Indeed.

There's nothing to really discuss though is there?

It's just the same cowering defeatist argument of "who will buy the club" that is as much a part of the problem as Waggot closing stands and overpriced tickets.

You know where we'd be without venkys? The Premier League.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 4