BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I saw a stat yesterday which said Leonard bad missed 5 big chances this season (highest in the division), which is quite impressive considering he's probably played less minutes than most.

He gets in good positions like decent strikers do and even Andy Cole was a 1 in 5 man.

• Like 3

On 20/09/2023 at 02:21, R0verb0y said:

Can I object in the strongest possible way to the offensive nature of the word I've crossed through?

As a lifelong Rovers fan who was born with a physical disability - spina bifida - in the immediate post-World War 2 era, I can't hope to convey how offensive it is to find some people still using it as such a term of abuse 70-odd years further on. It was bad enough for me when I was in my teenage years to have it thrown at me as a term of abuse.

It would interest me to know why you still use it in that context, @Shirley Crabtree Wrestler

It isn't big; and it certainly isn't funny. 

Absolutely agree, 100% I was wrong to use such a poor turn of phrase looking for a cheap laugh, and will certainly avoid combining strong opiate medication and hot whiskey for symptom management with posting on BRFCS in the future.

My sincere apologies for having caused you offence.

I received a temporary ban on posting, otherwise would have added an apology sooner, since you asked in the PM exchange I initiated with a direct apology.

Thanks to the Mods for having a sensible mechanism in place for managing isolated incidents like this. I will make every effort to avoid a future ban for offending folk.

Up the BRFCS.