BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

21 hours ago, superniko said:

See Arteta with Raya - you play your best players. Otherwise why did we use our only paltry budget on a backup keeper?

Arteta admitted he was reluctant to change keepers because it looked like he was dropping Ramsdale. Then he thought I interchange players of equal form and quality in all the other positions so why not GK?

Pears wouldn't be "dropped"; just rested to give the other guy a chance.

10 hours ago, Hasta said:

JDT's actions speak louder than words. We desperately needed a goal and another striker last night and he didn't fancy him.

I didn't get that Dolan up front thing one bit. Telalovic should have come on. 

I deffo don't buy into this rubbish he didn't fancy him cos if that was the case he would have agreed to sign him. We scouted Telalovic for a while and JDT would have been involved in those meetings. 

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

So would I, whilst denying the idea it was bought!

I just re watched it on Sunderland's YouTube extended highlights and got triggered.

Clarke sees Hedges is going to clear and sticks his leg out so contact is made with Hedges already committed.

Extended, including a twat in action

Szmodics should have done better with his shot but that Leonard shot right at the keeper when there's an open goal...

If only we had a quality striker. It'd certainly go some way to papering over the cracks.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights. All three shots early on were on target and SAFC were lucky to block them. We played well. Hedges hadn't a clue that Clark was there as he tried to clear it. Unfortunate. Pears poor positioning for their second. Their third goal was very well taken. Probably Sunderland are the best team we've played so far. They are joint top scorers with Norwich.

Wouldn't surprise me if we won at Ipswich.

• Like 2

The guy last night sat next to me kept screaming never a penalty, after seeing the replay he clearly  made contact with the player. We were flying the first 10 or so minutes with some classy moves but same problem, our strikers misfiring and putting the ball in row 31 of the stands. I think it was Leonard correct me if I'm wrong who had a golden opportunity right in front of goal, how he blazed it over the bar had the Blackburn End in disbelief. It is vital we get our best strikers geling together and becoming permanent names in the team and doing what their paid for,  sticking it in the back of the net. Some of our moves last night  were Premier class, there were groans all around the ground when our poor finishing failed to find the net. Unless we get our strikers scoring on a regular basis, Premier class moves from Blackburn Rovers will count for nothing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andy said:

I was right in front of this, 2nd row of the JW, by the Blackburn End and I honestly found the opposite.
Well, from the wrong players.

Brittain was sticking it into the top corner pretty much every shot. Both Whartons showed good finishing as well.

The forwards didn't fare as well, Leonard in particular wasn't getting much on his shots and they were easy saves for the GK.

I think you’ve supported my argument more than your own, though I will grant you Brittain was an exception.

For professional footballers taking unchallenged shots, the ratio that ended up in the net was very low.

Substitutions were terrible last night, but there was very little option. Both our centre mid were booked, Travis is careless and was a model to get sent off and Wharton gave the impression he would have preferred to get a red card so he could fuck off early.

Garret was terrrible when he came on but he was all that was left on the bench because Tronstadt was not even on the bench. I don't think JRC was ever as bad as people said but he is not a centre mid, he is doing a decent job at right back so leave him there.

Markanday was awful and was always going to be, he needs to go he is not nearly good enough.

Dolan...he chases the ball and has great energy, so does my dog. The fact that this clown thinks he can hold us to ransom on a contract is hilarious tell him we will cancel his contract in the morning. 

Leonard scored, but it was tant amount to a stopped clock being right twice a day, he is not good enough. I hope he will in the future but I doubt it unless we are relegated.

How bad is the new goal keeper? The only player we spent some money on and he can't get near the team, if he was not instant first team material then why spend the only money we have on him?

I thought Pickering had a good game not sure why there is so much hate for him on here, even his red card a few weeks ago was down to a CB out of position. 

Moran was good, as was Brittan.

Sammy is hot and cold but worth it.

Tony Mobray had a long and storied history of not being able to motivate us at half time what happened last night? they were so much better (maybe we were so much worse) inthe second half.

I think JDT is a decent manager, but he is more and more often coming across as a smug wanker playing his own game protecting his own reputation. That is fine, but lets not pretend he gives a flying fuck about the fans.

The summer was a disaster, the tiny amount of money we had left after being stripped was wasted. January will be the usual bullshit. Lets hope there is some improvement next Summer, but you can probably guess me thought.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Substitutions were terrible last night, but there was very little option. Both our centre mid were booked, Travis is careless and was a model to get sent off and Wharton gave the impression he would have preferred to get a red card so he could fuck off early.

Garret was terrrible when he came on but he was all that was left on the bench because Tronstadt was not even on the bench. I don't think JRC was ever as bad as people said but he is not a centre mid, he is doing a decent job at right back so leave him there.

Markanday was awful and was always going to be, he needs to go he is not nearly good enough.

Dolan...he chases the ball and has great energy, so does my dog. The fact that this clown thinks he can hold us to ransom on a contract is hilarious tell him we will cancel his contract in the morning. 

Leonard scored, but it was tant amount to a stopped clock being right twice a day, he is not good enough. I hope he will in the future but I doubt it unless we are relegated.

How bad is the new goal keeper? The only player we spent some money on and he can't get near the team, if he was not instant first team material then why spend the only money we have on him?

I thought Pickering had a good game not sure why there is so much hate for him on here, even his red card a few weeks ago was down to a CB out of position. 

Tony Mobray had a long and storied history of not being able to motivate us at half time what happened last night? they were so much better (maybe we were so much worse) inthe second half.

I think JDT is a decent manager, but he is more and more often coming across as a smug wanker playing his own game protecting his own reputation. That is fine, but lets not pretend he gives a flying fuck about the fans.

The summer was a disaster, the tiny amount of money we had left after being stripped was wasted. January will be the usual bullshit. Lets hope there is some improvement next Summer, but you can probably guess me thought.

Say it like it is and straight to the point. Not much to disagree with. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Say it like it is and straight to the point. Not much to disagree with. 

Apart from JDT being a smug wanker. What Utter nonsense. 

Says he's a decent manager then comes out with that shit. 

All I say is that JDT is still on a learning curve regarding our basket case of a club and he's had to put up with all sorts of shite. 

I find comments from blow in... Bloody offensive to be honest. Hopefully we win at Ipswich and shut him up for a while. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Blow-in said:

A wee bit harsh on JDT even though I agree he's padding and protecting his reputation for playing attractive passing football, in our case over results and defence

12 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

The guy last night sat next to me kept screaming never a penalty, after seeing the replay he clearly  made contact with the player. We were flying the first 10 or so minutes with some classy moves but same problem, our strikers misfiring and putting the ball in row 31 of the stands. I think it was Leonard correct me if I'm wrong who had a golden opportunity right in front of goal, how he blazed it over the bar had the Blackburn End in disbelief. It is vital we get our best strikers geling together and becoming permanent names in the team and doing what their paid for,  sticking it in the back of the net. Some of our moves last night  were Premier class, there were groans all around the ground when our poor finishing failed to find the net. Unless we get our strikers scoring on a regular basis, Premier class moves from Blackburn Rovers will count for nothing.

I didn't think it was a penalty as it looked accidental and their player ran across ours, from behind which he couldn't possibly see, whilst he was kicking. Ball and player heading away from goal too.

After seeing the obvious foul on Dolan at the weekend it seemed particularly harsh.

I haven't watched a clear replay.

As for Leonard, he had a couple he should have buried.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, booth said:

I didn't think it was a penalty as it looked accidental and their player ran across ours, from behind which he couldn't possibly see, whilst he was kicking. Ball and player heading away from goal too.

After seeing the obvious foul on Dolan at the weekend it seemed particularly harsh.

I haven't watched a clear replay.

As for Leonard, he had a couple he should have buried.

Clarke conned the stupid ref, happens all the time to never played the game refs and par for the course for the remnants of Riley's Robots.

Talking of that idiot he's somehow got a gig with the Irish FA

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

On 21/09/2023 at 19:46, Andy said:

I was right in front of this, 2nd row of the JW, by the Blackburn End and I honestly found the opposite.
Well, from the wrong players.

Brittain was sticking it into the top corner pretty much every shot. Both Whartons showed good finishing as well.

The forwards didn't fare as well, Leonard in particular wasn't getting much on his shots and they were easy saves for the GK.

I generally have a little weep when watching the players warm up - I used to watch Tugay, McCarthy et al make it look easy. Half of this lot couldn't hit a barn door.

My big worry about Leonard is I don't know how clinical a finisher he is - he's athletic enough to make up for his sub 6' frame (and lack of electric pace) and his movement is very good, but he has to take his chances infront of goal. He's missed a few already this season imo. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Until you said 'Blackburn End' that guy sat next to you could have been me - Hedges had committed to clearing the ball and Clarke bought the penalty. It's incidental contact imo - a coming together of players.

With regards to the golden opportunity - it was a Szmodics shot, a Leonard rebound (shinned it with his left leg, but was still on target) and then Moran blazing over (although I think it was blocked). 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

With regards to the golden opportunity - it was a Szmodics shot, a Leonard rebound (shinned it with his left leg, but was still on target) and then Moran blazing over (although I think it was blocked). 

Moran's shot was on target but blocked by a defender. This from the highlights. I presume a corner kick was given.

39 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

My big worry about Leonard is I don't know how clinical a finisher he is - he's athletic enough to make up for his sub 6' frame (and lack of electric pace) and his movement is very good, but he has to take his chances infront of goal. He's missed a few already this season imo. 

bit harsh on the lad,he`s only 19,a better player than vale,who is 22 and should be in front of leonard,incidentally,he`s yet to start for lincoln

On 21/09/2023 at 20:30, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't get that Dolan up front thing one bit. Telalovic should have come on. 

I deffo don't buy into this rubbish he didn't fancy him cos if that was the case he would have agreed to sign him. We scouted Telalovic for a while and JDT would have been involved in those meetings. 

He is distancing himself from transfers since before the window ended. It is up to you to decide if this is genuinely the case or if he is making sure he is not associated with the players he is using 

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I generally have a little weep when watching the players warm up - I used to watch Tugay, McCarthy et al make it look easy. Half of this lot couldn't hit a barn door.

I saw a stat yesterday which said Leonard bad missed 5 big chances this season (highest in the division), which is quite impressive considering he's probably played less minutes than most.

• Like 1