BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

The way we play we leave ourselves vulnerable on the break.

But the goals we conceded today weren't really due to us being gung ho aggressive.

They were:

A penalty that came out of nothing.

A half cleared corner shot through 

And Carter giving the ball away in a really dangerous area trying to force a pass that wasn't on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

100%.

Bullshitter extraordinaire.

Even Mowbray and Venus's recruitment was better.

Mowbray was allowed to spend well over 10 million on strikers in his time here, GB and JDT haven’t been given a pot to piss in. Can’t compare the two. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looking at the situation,within the laws of average,all these chances are going to start going in and a couple of teams are going to get a hiding

whats the situation with tronstadt,he`s playing with the kids,has he fallen foul of jdt`s fitness regime

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt be to concerned fellow roverites

at least we are creating chances,the goals will come,we just need to reign it the attacking,i would`nt like to face leicester with the same approach as we did tonight

Will they just start going in with our set of attackers?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, superniko said:

We’re back on the LWLWL train now too! 

I’ll be happy if we stay on it, because that is as good as it’s going to get.

The better teams will pick us off more often than not.

The striker situation is ridiculous and we have too many small, lightweight players.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pick32 said:

Terrible summer recruitment, Sigurdson not fit, Ennis not fit, Trostad can’t make the bench and the keeper can’t get a game either 

Pretty ironic that we get rid of Dack because he is injury prone and sign Ennis who is a known sick note among Plymouth fans.
It is always difficult to hit the ground running after injury as Winter approaches but Ennis and Siggie Stardust will need to do their magic pretty soon before the wheels fall off the Venkys charabanc.  

• Like 2

The first 20 minutes we played great attacking opportunities to score but failed to do so.  You wonder if it was going one of those days? Sadly it was. 

I didn't get JDT's subs when he brought on Dolan and Markanday on tbh especially Dolan playing him up front before Telalovic. Made no sense to me. 

Brittain our best player today. Showing people when he is starting. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I don’t understand our failures defending. I thought that was going to be the best part of our team. 
But we sell off Kaminski & Phillips. Those moves did not help us defensively this season. 

Same sentiments. Defence is supposedly our best department but we are conceding goals.

Im not sure if its due to A.Wharton playing just in front of the defence. Wharton can pick the ball and distribute for sure but he's also culpable of losing the ball in dangerous positions. Travis is sometimes played too far high up, trying to link up the attack when he's really not a good passer (or rather it's not his strength), his strength is breaking up play. Probably explains why he's seems more injury-prone now with all the lung-busting attacking runs upfield and on the flanks. There seems to be a "hole" in our midfield and i'm not sure if anyone else sees this too. They aren't protecting the defence well enough.

Tronstad needs to get up to speed. We are missing a really unfashionable yet reliable defensive CM. Just do simple things right - screen the defence, win and pick up loose balls, pass it on the attacking players, keep your position.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

100%.

Bullshitter extraordinaire.

Even Mowbray and Venus's recruitment was better.

Venky’s reduced the budget by 15%, but I guess that’s not their fault either? It’s absolutely incredible to me that you’ve got 20/20 vision for the mistakes of the staff at Ewood, but see like Ray Charles when it comes to their bosses.

• Like 4

We’re 4/1 to win at Ipswich on Saturday. I don’t normally bet on Rovers but that seems good value considering how many chances we are creating home and away. Ipswich are great on the counter attack though.

I’m quite intrigued by next week’s Carabao cup game. A chance to see if a few of the new signings have much about them 

• Like 1

It was all just so sloppy, you didn't need a £5/£10 million striker to bag some of those chances you needed a bit of composure. Especially the Leonard/Moran misses after the Sammie shot. 

The penalty was sloppy, Clarke's eyes lit up when Hedges drew his foot back to row 15 of the Blackburn End and he just made sure he got in the way.

The defence was sloppy for the second in a half arsed closing down effort, but so was Pears as he seemed to let bounce over his arm when the shot wasn't far from him.

Carter was sloppy for the third.

Some of our passing when breaking was so sloppy, I remember very promising breaks collapsing from awful passes from Travis and Hedges.

I thought our tactics seemed too gung ho, Sunderland were breaking on us at the start of the second half like it was the 89th minute. We needed the bench to take a breath and try to settle things.

Edited by cesus
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Pretty ironic that we get rid of Dack because he is injury prone and sign Ennis who is a known sick note among Plymouth fans.
It is always difficult to hit the ground running after injury as Winter approaches but Ennis and Siggie Stardust will need to do their magic pretty soon before the wheels fall off the Venkys charabanc.  

Venkys make sure the wheels are falling off, always have done .

They make sure before the season starts , that the club is set up to fail....

• Like 2

Well that result really, really sucks.

It's going to be the story of our season isn't it...we've gone from a team last season that wasn't creating loads of chances but being clinical, to a team that creates a ton of them and can't score.

I think JDT got it wrong with some of the subs tonight - the obvious one being Dolan for Leonard. Surely you bring Telalovic on in this scenario?? I think Leonard staying on would've been more effective than Dolan up front.

Not much else to say. Rovers are playing the best football we've seen in a long time, but losing whilst playing good football is not a good habit.

I fear for the weekend at Ipswich, I think it could be a heavy one. Hopefully it'll be more like Watford away this season and less like Sheffield United last season!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

at least we are creating chances,the goals will come,

I wish I felt as confident. They didn't come last season and was the major factor in missing the play-offs.

We looked to the transfer window to put things right and it didn't.

9 points behind bloody Preston now. 😩

• Like 3

It's games like that where I start to waver over Tomasson's tactics and his folly 'I'd rather win 5-2' comment or whatever he said..

Yes, we should have 2 up after 20 minutes, but when it's not going in, you need a Plan B to find a way of grinding out results. He doesn't seem to see this.

Tomasson can only play the players he has his disposal though, and when you see the name of Hedges in the starting 11, and Dolan/Makanday on the bench, you know the cards are stacked against. The squad last night showed up the disastrous transfer window.

On the subject of Dolan and Hedges, I'm sick of seeing these two in particular on the pitch.

Dolan, as described by another poster, is a 'busted flush'. His one redeeming quality - of being able to effectively press and harry - is long gone. We're left with a player who has no ability to do anything constructive.

As for Hedges, I can't recall a more non-descript player. He takes absolutely no responsibility. Whereever he is on the pitch, his immediate thought is to make a simple pass and make the ball someone else's problem. As a supposed senior player, if we're ever in a position where it's a backs-to-the-wall job, then God help us when we have the likes of him. 

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 4