BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

absolutely want to annihilate this lot,want to see mowbray gurning in misery and their maniacially deluded fans go home distraught

Of course winning would be great, especially against a Mowbray team. 

But I have to say Sunderland fans, well those that I have met, are an affable lot. Been up to Sunderland twice and they were a very friendly bunch and most welcoming when we went into a local working man's club for a few beers. 

Tbh I wish we had the kind of support that they do. Different geographics obviously. 

• Like 4

Im sure the weird Mowbray irrational hatred will come to a head over the next few days.

A much tougher game than today on paper. Mowbray contrary to popular belief is a proven decent manager at this level and Sunderland have some real talent. 2 young sides for whom experience has been ushered away/prevented fron being brought in for decent reasons by people above the manager seemingly somewhat against their wishes.

Crazy how much our team has changed in just over a year with so many key players having moved on.

Wahlstedt

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Wharton

Hedges Szmodics Rankin Costello

Gallagher

With Telelovic and Tronstad in for Gallagher and Travis if injured.

Rankin Costello feels too good to not play but not convinced that him and Wharton provides the right balance and with Dolan being not up to it and Moran struggling today, there is a potential spot on the left side, Brittain did well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Will be some recoveries if Gally and Trav are fit.

Can see JRC starting in midfield with Garrett and Telalovic leading the line because he is a bit bigger than Leonard.

Moran or Dolan is a toss up.

Should be a good game and hopefully JDT knows Mowbray never has a plan B.

Does he even have a plan A?

JDT 4-0 Gurning Chump

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 4

Pears

Brittain  Carter  Hyam  Pickering 

Trav / JRC  Wharton

Hedges   Szmodics   Moran

Gally / Telalovic

I would actually start the same team, minus Dolan for Tuesday night assuming Trav and Gally are fit. My gut is that Trav will make it but Gally won’t.

Subs - Same as Saturday with Sondre and Gilsenan to come onto the bench If Trav and Gally don’t make it.

Tronstad surely has to be in the squad, and in the team if Travis is unavailable. We have looked very suspect to counter attacks, never moreso than with Rankin Costello and Wharton together in midfield, and one of our summer signings was a more defensive minded midfielder in his peak years having apparently been a top target. Reflects poorly on the judgement of those who picked him if he cant even make a 20 man squad.

• Like 1

Dunno whats happened with Tronstad?

Results unpredictable indeed with the Nobbers leading the pack(showing us how to turn over Plymouth)! Even Mowbrays Sunderland one place above(they put 5 past Southampton) so goal difference much better. Similar strategy to us apparently ditching the "I value experience" mantra and going with the kids,; no doubt in total opposition to Mowbrays wishes.

Expect the good atheletes to start IF fit aka Hedges,Travis,Gally.....

JDT has his work cut out if the injuries/suspensions start to build up....dont think a draw would be the worst result.

I just hope we beat these Mackems, be it 1-0 or 10-0. I don’t dislike Sunderland too much but I certainly dislike Dack after his snide comments about us, after the club gave him so much support after his injuries. He’s a total knob in my book now. 

• Like 1

Lose this and it would be mid table form no? 3W 3L 1D

Win though and it looks like a very good start with the 4W 2L 1D ..

Would love to do one over on Sunderland but I do feel they will offer more then the likes of Boro and even Plymouth who we lost 3 nothing to! 

Tough game and a good test of character, I'd start Telalovic if Gallagher has a knock, get him in from the get go! 

Garrett would be my other change if Travis is out, but feel JDT will stick JRC in the middle as Brittian needs to keep his place for sure 

Pears

Brittain     Carter     Hyam      Pickering

Garret        Wharton

Hedges               Szmodics          Moran

Telalovic

That would be my 11, although knowing JDT it will be JRC for Garret and Leonard for Telalovic

Tough game this.

Sunderland are a tad mercurial.

Be interesting to see if Dacky plays a part given his absence yesterday.

Travis will be a miss if not fit, as for Gallagher, doubt he'll make it and usually misses a few when injured.

JDT has got some excellent results with what he has had to play with but I think Sunderland will be too much of a handful given our failure to really strengthen this window (not one new signing started yesterday) and we will go down by at least 2 goals. 

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

I expect us to win, because we're a decent side and we're at home.

Play like we did for the first 60 minutes against Boro and we'll get a positive result.

Dolan can't start this one, or at the very least in that position.
Even switch Hedges and Dolan over if we must persist with him in current form.

Pears keeps his place after Boro.
Back line unchanged.
I'd like a Tronstad or Garrett in a deep holding/BWM position, with Wharton further up the field.

• Like 1

My team 

Pears

JRC Wharton

Hedges    Szmodics    Moran

Telalovic

Subs:- Wahlstedt Hill Wharton Garrett Tronstad Dolan Leonard, Markanday Glisenan 

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

JDT has got some excellent results with what he has had to play with but I think Sunderland will be too much of a handful given our failure to really strengthen this window (not one new signing started yesterday) and we will go down by at least 2 goals. 

Didn't you say Boro would beat us yesterday? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team 

Pears

JRC Wharton

Hedges    Szmodics    Moran

Telalovic

Subs:- Wahlstedt Hill Wharton Garrett Tronstad Dolan Leonard, Markanday Glisenan 

Didn't you say Boro would beat us yesterday? 

Yep and I was wrong.

I hope I'm wrong again for the Sunderland match as I can't stand Mowbray.

• Like 2

Watched extended highlights of the last two Sunderland games and they come to Ewood on a 4 game unbeaten run.

They will be the best side we have played to date this season. Players are above average for the Championship and their two new central defenders could turn out to be a bit special.

They punish weaknesses. A Russell Martin defence and 70 minutes of 10 man QPR had 8 put past them combined.

So long as we cut out the errors and misses which have cost us dropped points, JDT ball should prevail. They look vulnerable to recycling attacks. We will be a bit different from what they have faced so far.

• Like 1

Iv'e a lot of faith in this side to dig something out again at home against one the divisions better teams however i also think we could be punished on the counter by these lot in a way Boro couldn't.

This is the Championship though and it throws up surprises all the time.

Rovers  1    Makems  1