BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

1 hour ago, 47er said:

By the way, we had 16000+ which is a good attendance figure for us.

But it was still the lowest Championship attendance on the day.

I get we're a town club and it's always going to be difficult to get big crowds (Birmingham doing poorly considering the size of the city) - but this paints a depressing picture. We're a similar sized town to Huddersfield/Preston - but they've obviously got their ticket pricing right. 

image.thumb.png.b4630ccb41bd4a5d8051e1bd41daa9a4.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, frosty said:

Announcing it when it's never normally announced made it seem like 16,000 is some kind of achievement for us, which it obviously isn't - just all feels rather small-time. Also gets the opposition fans going.

Just stick it up on the scoreboard, job done.

It is a bit dumb proclaiming it out loud when 3,500 of it is from the opposition.

So the number of home fans was probably down on the previous crowd or certainly no different. We still have to rely on 3 or 4 thousand match by match attenders just to get past 12k.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It is a bit dumb proclaiming it out loud when 3,500 of it is from the opposition.

So the number of home fans was probably down on the previous crowd or certainly no different. We still have to rely on 3 or 4 thousand match by match attenders just to get past 12k.

Yup, "they're so dumb its unbelievable", chant the 12500 stalwarts who made it to the fast fading fortress on Saturday

I think we need to hijack a song and fit Waggotts name into it.

I am sure between us, we can get something sorted, akin to cheer up Kevin Keegan to the sleepy Jean monkeys song.

Best suggestion on here gets an airing on Wednesday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frosty said:

Announcing it when it's never normally announced made it seem like 16,000 is some kind of achievement for us, which it obviously isn't - just all feels rather small-time. Also gets the opposition fans going.

Just stick it up on the scoreboard, job done.

Maybe it'll become the new announcer's thing.

I hope someone sat him down after the match and told him he doesn't need to shout - he has a microphone. 

There was an old chancer called Waggott,

Who thought he'd bamboozle and blag it,

But the true fans all shouted,

"Oi Stevie, you're OUTED"

So he fucked off to Scunthorpe, the maggot.

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I get we're a town club and it's always going to be difficult to get big crowds (Birmingham doing poorly considering the size of the city) - but this paints a depressing picture. We're a similar sized town to Huddersfield/Preston - but they've obviously got their ticket pricing right. 

image.thumb.png.b4630ccb41bd4a5d8051e1bd41daa9a4.png

Middlesbrough similar to Blackburn a tad larger, pretty deprived area but get excellent gates and their season tickets are a lot more than ours…

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Come on, @Shirley Crabtree Wrestler ; apart from an opinion of him included in its name, what have Scunthorpe done to deserve him?!😉

If it weren't bad enough going from League Two to the National League North in record speed, they've got the threat of being evicted from their ground hanging over them.

If he went there, there'd be nowt for him to sell off!

Just now, unsall said:

Middlesbrough similar to Blackburn a tad larger, pretty deprived area but get excellent gates and their season tickets are a lot more than ours…

But with a positive publicity-focussed Chairman/owner/whatever, who knows how English football works.

In fact, pretty well everything our owners aren't/don't!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Don't tarnish my hometown with that slimey maggot thank you very much haha

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They are THE club in Teesside, 400,000 population, Middlesbrough, Stockton, Redcar, Billingham, Yarm, Thornaby all Boro fans. Plus good support in other parts of County Durham and North Yorkshire.

Indeed there’s only *three* league clubs between Scotland and North Yorkshire.

Not remotely comparable to what we have to deal with in this area, I.è a dozen league clubs in a forty mile radius.

So why does that entitle Boro to have season tickets at the price they are, you’d think they would be cheaper.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, unsall said:

Oh please get a grip their catchment area is massive compared to ours bloody Stockton on the doorstep is the size of Burnley ffs.

Do they have 3 clubs on their doorstep competing from the same surrounding areas ?

Shut up !

• Like 2

Why does it? Obviously the opposite, they have a much bigger catchment area, ergo they can charge much more than we can.

Whereas very similar limited fanbases in Hudds and PNE have owners that know they have to be creative in order to get the  punters in, and they are seeing the results.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They are THE club in Teesside, 400,000 population, Middlesbrough, Stockton, Redcar, Billingham, Yarm, Thornaby all Boro fans. Plus good support in other parts of County Durham and North Yorkshire.

Indeed there’s only *three* league clubs between Scotland and North Yorkshire.

Not remotely comparable to what we have to deal with in this area, I.è a dozen league clubs in a forty mile radius.

Don't waste your time.

6 minutes ago, unsall said:

So why does that entitle Boro to have season tickets at the price they are, you’d think they would be cheaper.

They aren't that much more. In fact a child and adult/senior in their family stand is cheaper.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/february/20/erimus--we-shall-be---early-bird-season-cards-on-sale/

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Oh please get a grip their catchment area is massive compared to ours bloody Stockton on the doorstep is the size of Burnley ffs.

Do they have 3 clubs on their doorstep competing from the same surrounding areas ?

Shut up !

I’ll ask the question again why are their prices a lot more then, and DONT tell me to shut up, everyone has a shout, not just you.

I agree our tickets should be cheaper, but everyone only comparing us to PNE etc but if we got charged Boro’s prices there’d be no one down at Ewood.

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, unsall said:

I’ll ask the question again why are their prices a lot more then, and DONT tell me to shut up, everyone has a shout, not just you.

I agree our tickets should be cheaper, but everyone only comparing us to PNE etc but if we got charged Boro’s prices there’d be no one down at Ewood.

Bigger catchment area, more people to draw from- therefore, more demand.