BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

5 hours ago, sabino said:

Thanks. Season ticket BBE. Had first of 2 knee replacements and am unable to sit with leg bent for any length. Not been to any game yet, but might try watching from concourse on TV. 

Be aware it’s about 3 seconds delayed so you’ll know what happens from the crowd before you see it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, unsall said:

I’ll ask the question again why are their prices a lot more then, and DONT tell me to shut up, everyone has a shout, not just you.

I agree our tickets should be cheaper, but everyone only comparing us to PNE etc but if we got charged Boro’s prices there’d be no one down at Ewood.

It's pretty self explanatory so please let it sink in, they have a bigger fanbase and always have had.  It's drawn from a bigger far less crowded catchment area so there are more people willing or able to cough up more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I get we're a town club and it's always going to be difficult to get big crowds (Birmingham doing poorly considering the size of the city) - but this paints a depressing picture. We're a similar sized town to Huddersfield/Preston - but they've obviously got their ticket pricing right. 

image.thumb.png.b4630ccb41bd4a5d8051e1bd41daa9a4.png

And Huddersfield is a rugby league town I would say rather than football. 

1 hour ago, unsall said:

I’ll ask the question again why are their prices a lot more then, and DONT tell me to shut up, everyone has a shout, not just you.

I agree our tickets should be cheaper, but everyone only comparing us to PNE etc but if we got charged Boro’s prices there’d be no one down at Ewood.

I'm sure there’d still be at least one or two of us who, when we're chanting, actually mean, God help us, "I'm Rovers till I die."

Without having cleared it with him first - so apologies to @chaddyrovers if I'm overstepping the mark - I'd be prepared to bet he'd be another of them!😉

Edited by R0verb0y
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, unsall said:

So if Rovers had a big catchment area and had bigger gates, no one on here would mind Waggot upping the prices, rubbish, be another meltdown on here as usual.

Of course we'd mind! But the club wouldn't  because it would know we had a bigger catchment area and could charge accordingly.

But since we don't have a bigger catchment area what's the point of your post?

The hope is for bigger crowds and we don't get them because we charge too much for our area both in terms of size and income.

To claim not to know the reason crowds are smaller than most of the league and then when it's explained to dismiss it and keep saying I don't understand probably says it all.

Football is incredibly expensive to follow these days, especially when it's a family day out. The modern man going to the football and leaving the wife and kids at home gets harder and harder. If there is an interest the cost is ooutof reach for many every other week.

Anyway, to the game....3-1 Rovers with at least one scored by JRC!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Preston only getting good crowds due to being near the top and Liverpool being away when they’re at home………. Lads going to watch their 2nd team more regular 

I think for every paying PNE season ticket holder as well as being £100 cheaper than ours in the summer you also could get 3 free child season tickets. So numbers are likely boosted via that whether they attend or not.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I think for every paying PNE season ticket holder as well as being £100 cheaper than ours in the summer you also could get 3 free child season tickets. So numbers are likely boosted via that whether they attend or not.

Am I reading that right, you could essentially get 4 season tickets for buying 1 adult season ticket? That is incredible if correct. 

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, unsall said:

So if Rovers had a big catchment area and had bigger gates, no one on here would mind Waggot upping the prices, rubbish, be another meltdown on here as usual.

Of course people would mind, but it would be less of an issue, as we’d still sell tickets owing to a bigger pool of people to draw from.  I’m not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp.

Also, it does you or anyone else no favours just labelling any criticism a meltdown. Just comes across as another attempt to shut down discussion…

• Like 5

The Ewood crowd stays right behind the team and is very patient with players that often arrive very raw or through the Academy. It is clear they understand where we are as a club these days. So it really annoys me when our fans are labelled ‘shit’ or ‘fickle’ by supposed ‘fellow’ supporters.

We obviously just need more of them - and the fact we don’t is purely the fault of the powers that be.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The Ewood crowd stays right behind the team and is very patient with players that often arrive very raw or through the Academy. It is clear they understand where we are as a club these days. So it really annoys me when our fans are labelled ‘shit’ or ‘fickle’ by supposed ‘fellow’ supporters.

We obviously just need more of them - and the fact we don’t is purely the fault of the powers that be.

We do have a sizeable minority of fans who love nothing more than lambasting their fellow fans. People love to push forward the 'Ewood is a jury' quote, but our fans have always felt pretty patient to me. A few moans here and there but par for the course with football supporters. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

We do have a sizeable minority of fans who love nothing more than lambasting their fellow fans. People love to push forward the 'Ewood is a jury' quote, but our fans have always felt pretty patient to me. A few moans here and there but par for the course with football supporters. 

A lot of high profile and not so high profile ex players and managers who've done a decent stint here always seem to speak well of the fans.

Clueless dimwits within our own support seem to get frustrated because we can't reach the levels of the likes of Boro etc every week.

I'd suggest they are following the wrong club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cesus said:

Am I reading that right, you could essentially get 4 season tickets for buying 1 adult season ticket? That is incredible if correct. 

I just asked my mate and its actually 5, you can get 4 child (11 or under) for free with one paying season ticket holder.

• Like 1