BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

4 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

SG may not get many goals as we would like but he is very capable at defending corners which was noticeable on Saturday when he went off. It was probably coincidence more than anything but our ability to clear our lines also suffered after he went off.

Does that make him a kind-of "Reverse Fred Pickering"?

Sign him as a Striker, only for his greatest use to us turns out as a defender! 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Admittedly he was offside but he did miss a sitter himself on Saturday. 

But he definitely should start especially with the lack of alternatives.

I think that's harsh - Leonard's pass wasn't the best (too far ahead), he was on the angle and it was a difficult chance.

Dolan's 2 however, I'd have genuinely scored either/both.

I think Telalovic will score if he gets the chances.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think that's harsh - Leonard's pass wasn't the best (too far ahead), he was on the angle and it was a difficult chance.

Dolan's 2 however, I'd have genuinely scored either/both.

I think Telalovic will score if he gets the chances.

Not sure what thats based on at this stage either way but I hope you are right. Seems the perfect chance to give him some games though and lets hope he hits the ground running as we need him to step up.

22 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

It wasn't a sitter. There was an onrushing goalkeeper in the way, it was an acute angle and the play was moving at considerable speed. It goes in, a legend is born. It flies just over the bar (as it did) the jury remains out. It goes into Row Z (as did Dolan's early header) folk start dusting off the Ciccio Grabbi quips all over again (except Telalovic didn't bosh us £7million squididlies)

Give the lad a chance. In fact, as Andy says, give the lad several chances and let's see if he knows where the onion bag is. If he has got it, he has got it, and he will convert and continue to grow in confidence as his experience and familiarity with this league increases.

Still thinking this will be a bonkers high scoring thriller. Every possibility that our strikers will notch as the score racks up.

Just remember boys, if we let them score 5, we have to score 6 times to win - NO SHIT SHERLOCK.

COYB. Let's entertain our way up the fooking league. Nothing to fear except fear itself. And Cripples. Fear cripples.

I never once said dont give him a chance. For some reason, any questions seem to lead to a pack throwing that line down peoples faces. I said to give him a few games now in the absence of Gallagher and Ennis.

Regarding tomorrow, im expecting us to absolutely batter Sunderland if Mowbray really is as bad as many on here like to make out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Regarding tomorrow, im expecting us to absolutely batter Sunderland if Mowbray really is as bad as many on here like to make out.

Has he even been mentioned much apart from a couple of comments? You're the one that keeps bringing him up I think!

• Like 4

Szmodics has to stay where he is. He scores goals by timing his runs well from deep. Having him up top with a defender permanently tight on him won’t suit. A lot of Dacks goals were more classic strikers goals than Sammy gets, and yet up top he was ineffective. You’ve got to rely on either Leonard or Telalavic tomorrow surely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No he didn't - he played him as an AML, but their RB (or RWB, I can't recall) was running rampant so Gallagher ended up defending for most of the game. 

He was left wing back actually, we went to 3/5 at the back,as he'd also played right wing back. 

Edited by M_B