BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

It wasn't a sitter. There was an onrushing goalkeeper in the way, it was an acute angle and the play was moving at considerable speed. It goes in, a legend is born. It flies just over the bar (as it did) the jury remains out. It goes into Row Z (as did Dolan's early header) folk start dusting off the Ciccio Grabbi quips all over again (except Telalovic didn't bosh us £7million squididlies)

Give the lad a chance. In fact, as Andy says, give the lad several chances and let's see if he knows where the onion bag is. If he has got it, he has got it, and he will convert and continue to grow in confidence as his experience and familiarity with this league increases.

Still thinking this will be a bonkers high scoring thriller. Every possibility that our strikers will notch as the score racks up.

Just remember boys, if we let them score 5, we have to score 6 times to win - NO SHIT SHERLOCK.

COYB. Let's entertain our way up the fooking league. Nothing to fear except fear itself. And Cripples. Fear cripples.

Keeper did well there he looked half decent for Boro, keepers rarely get any credit when someone misses a one on one type situation.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Seems to be a shoot-out between Telalovic and Leonard. Hope one or both can take their chances to put themselves at the front of the queue (although it’s only one shirt to play for, I think the point still stands).

Might take the edge off a little for the new lad.knowing he has weeks without Gally pressin him for a starting spot.

7 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Seems to be a shoot-out between Telalovic and Leonard. Hope one or both can take their chances to put themselves at the front of the queue (although it’s only one shirt to play for, I think the point still stands).

Have to say the first time I saw Leonard he impressed me more than Telalovic did the 1st.time I saw him.  We really need this signing to be a good one, a Pukki type find, he simply has to work out.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Regarding tomorrow, im expecting us to absolutely batter Sunderland if Mowbray really is as bad as many on here like to make out.

Ha! So that's the test is it? If we don't batter Sunderland we were wrong about Mowbray! Like we judge anyone on just a single game.

He's gone, thank God, get over it!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Ennis really looked handy to me is the games he has played. Physical, knows where the goals is. Seems much more of a proper striker than Gallagher or BBD. .

I know,,Ennis has the look of a Striker about him.  If we can, first, get him fit and 2nd keep him fit he looks a good signing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I never once said dont give him a chance. For some reason, any questions seem to lead to a pack throwing that line down peoples faces. I said to give him a few games now in the absence of Gallagher and Ennis.

Regarding tomorrow, im expecting us to absolutely batter Sunderland if Mowbray really is as bad as many on here like to make out.

Why is Tony playing in goal for them or something ?

You really need to get a grip with this obsessive defending Mowbray like a love sick teenager buddy.

Being glad we moved him on doesn't mean everyone hates him or thinks he's crap, he isn't but he's better suited to where he is now than he was here by the end.

You should be happy for him.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, 47er said:

Ha! So that's the test is it? If we don't batter Sunderland we were wrong about Mowbray! Like we judge anyone on just a single game.

He's gone, thank God, get over it!

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Why is Tony playing in goal for them or something ?

You really need to get a grip with this obsessive defending Mowbray like a love sick teenager buddy.

Being glad we moved him on doesn't mean everyone hates him or thinks he's crap, he isn't but he's better suited to where he is now than he was here by the end.

You should be happy for him.

I am definitely glad that we let him go when we did and am certainly happier with Tomasson. It was merely a tongue in cheek comment at the regular weird hatred towards him some have displayed on here since he moved on.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I know,,Ennis has the look of a Striker about him.  If we can, first, get him fit and 2nd keep him fit he looks a good signing.

Exactly what Plymouth fans said. I was told he'd played 35 games for Plymouth last season but of course he hadn't!  "If" is a bigger word than it looks eh?

33 minutes ago, 47er said:

Really? Just the odd deprecating remark surely? He was here for 5 years after all.

He was a gurning chump from the day he arrived. Leopards can't change their spots, and neither can chumps change the fact that they gurn. He'll be at it tomorrow, mark my words, if those nasty football professionals do a job on him JDT style....

We might lose, of course - in which case he will still look like a bag of wind. looking for a constipated arse to occupy. JDT, on the other hand, will give praise where it is due, and fire linguistically devastating barbs at those responsible for making him (and us) go to war with toy guns. But at least he will have the glint of the divil in his eye as he speaks, and not the lacrimose and dispeptic air that emanates from sir Tony of Gump's visage.

For GAWDS SAKE LADS, turn up, do the job, bury the bastards and laugh all the way home.

COYB!

The team I expect to pick is this one

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering 

Travis Wharton Szmodics 

Hedges   Telalovic   Moran

13 hours ago, Tricky said:

Nothing to fear

6 hours ago, Andy said:

I think that's harsh - Leonard's pass wasn't the best (too far ahead), he was on the angle and it was a difficult chance.

Dolan's 2 however, I'd have genuinely scored either/both.

I think Telalovic will score if he gets the chances.

Deffo very harsh. Never a sitter in million years. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's the team I expected JDT to go with. 

I would play JRC Or Garrett in place of Travis and save him for Ipswich away 

I would consider dropping Wharton - nothing to do with ability - but more to protect him for the season. He looked knackered on Saturday.

Let's play Buckley instead - doh...

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The team I expect to pick is this one

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering 

Travis Wharton Szmodics 

Hedges   Telalovic   Moran

Nothing to fear

Deffo very harsh. Never a sitter in million years. 

Dack missed Saturday's 3-1 win over Queens Park Rangers with the knock. Mowbray revealed he could have played in the game but they opted not to risky him

“Bradley Dack, it’s not a bad one," Mowbray said. He’s got a slight hamstring niggle, it’s not a strain. He’s hoping to be ready for Wednesday, let’s wait and see.

"We could have brought him but we didn't think that was worth taking that risk today, so he's got a very good chance for the Blackburn game. He’ll have to at least train on Tuesday if he’s to have a chance of playing on Wednesday night.”

Looks like big T plans to unleash Dacky on us. 

We need a Burnleyesqe effort from Wharton tonight it should be quite an open game so it should suit him.  After 65 mins he'll probably need to be taken off though.

Sunderland were one of the best sides to come to Ewood last season and i see tonight being no different.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, USABlue said:

Vince Grella looked like the Australian Roy Keane when we got him on the pitch.

• Like 2

Injuries happen in football, sadly Venkys don't see any benefit in selling players for fees and building a competitive squad.

Only a few weeks into the new season and I'd wager JDT is losing patience, he deserves much better than this.