BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

10 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

SG may not get many goals as we would like but he is very capable at defending corners which was noticeable on Saturday when he went off. It was probably coincidence more than anything but our ability to clear our lines also suffered after he went off.

This may be so but we pay him to score goals and lead the line but he doesn't and can't.

If we just want a guy who runs and can head the ball as a defender there are a multitude of cheaper options.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Our two main strikers are the biggest sick notes in the league. It’s infuriating - just when we’re gaining a bit of momentum too.

Sink or swim time for Semir you would think.

I wouldn’t mind if Gallagher was knocking opponents about and getting injured - but he isn’t. He must be made of tinsel.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, JohnD said:

This may be so but we pay him to score goals and lead the line but he doesn't and can't.

If we just want a guy who runs and can head the ball as a defender there are a multitude of cheaper options.

The fact is we win more when he plays, I know that's a minor point. 

What we need is someone else to take his place and raise that percentage rate, whether they score goals or not doesn't really matter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Looking at the forecast it looks like rain from now until kick off... does feel like it could get called off?

Rain due to stop from 1830 tonight until around 0300 should be a nice window to dry out a touch an then off and on during the day, wet during the game however. Ball will almost definitely hold up, similar to the Preston game at Ewood about 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

SG may not get many goals as we would like but he is very capable at defending corners which was noticeable on Saturday when he went off. It was probably coincidence more than anything but our ability to clear our lines also suffered after he went off.

I understand your point, but I'd prefer my striker to be able to score, rather than to be handy at defending corners.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, renrag said:

JRC??

The big difference of course is Pickering came to the club as a centre forward

For the sake of the expirement, my suggestion would be Hayden Carter. He played wing-back and midfield for the U21. Good height, fairly athletic. Scored a few goals for Burton in his half season there 🙂

JRC is not a bad shout though. He can probably play anywhere with his footballing brain

Not sure I can see Telalovic playing from the start so soon, regardless of Gally being injured. Think Leonard will start tomorrow. JRC and Brittain BOTH need to start also. 

I really do hope Ennis gets himself fit soon because when he has been on the pitch he’s looked good. Gally will be off next summer, the most baffling footballer I’ve ever known, the guy is big, fast and has shown he can strike a ball well at times but still, he just doesn’t score enough and is injured far to much. He’s 100% going to go back down south next May. 

• Like 2

going to be a steep learning curve for telalevic,having said that,we won`t miss gallys goals

honestly,in all my football watching years,i`ve never seen such an injured ,weedy 6"4 centre forward,for all his size,his heading is shocking as well,nothing against sam,sure he`s an absolute great person but mowbray spunked 5 million quid on him👿

• Like 2

I'm sure he's a great lad, and no doubt he's gorgeous with his long hair and huge frame. 

But unfortunately he lacks any footballing instinct which completely nullifies a lot of his assets.  He's 6ft4 but cant time a jump to compete for headers and despite having a great engine and ability to run about he never gets in the right position to reward himself for his hard work. 

I know we play better as a team with him in it stats wise but it does feel a step removed from the Spanish striker-less teams they experimented with at times.

Edited by B16Rover
Can instead of can't

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

going to be a steep learning curve for telalevic,having said that,we won`t miss gallys goals

honestly,in all my football watching years,i`ve never seen such an injured ,weedy 6"4 centre forward,for all his size,his heading is shocking as well,nothing against sam,sure he`s an absolute great person but mowbray spunked 5 million quid on him👿

Some of us said so at the time.

55 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

honestly,in all my football watching years,i`ve never seen such an injured ,weedy 6"4 centre forward,for all his size,his heading is shocking as well

Did you see Chris Brown?

• Like 4