BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I expect us to win, because we're a decent side and we're at home.

Play like we did for the first 60 minutes against Boro and we'll get a positive result.

Dolan can't start this one, or at the very least in that position.
Even switch Hedges and Dolan over if we must persist with him in current form.

Pears keeps his place after Boro.
Back line unchanged.
I'd like a Tronstad or Garrett in a deep holding/BWM position, with Wharton further up the field.

We definitely shouldnt be putting other players out of position (Hedges is a right winger) to be trying to accomodate Dolan. He should be dropped, simple as that. 

• Like 3

I think we’ll start as we have so far this season: quick and bright, with chances. If we put those chances away, I don’t see Mowbray rousing the troops for the second half and would expect us to manage the game effectively (gulp).

Even still, we will have to be Very Good, because they have some dangerous players and are on a high.

2-0 home win, the new PA rolling out a “stick that on Netflix” after a Szmodics screamer, as yet another apt tribute to Matt Sillitoe.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers to win. 2 nil. Szmodics and Telalovic to score

I hope you are right about Telalovic scoring. He came on at a difficult time in the match on Saturday - so will reserve judgement. He didn't look particularly quick - not slow - but no Bellamy. Difficult to assess his hold up play, as service was so poor. His miss when through on goal was interesting (when offside) as he showed vision to try to chip the keeper - poor execution, but right idea against an on rushing keeper.

I hope Gallagher is fit, so we can introduce Telalovic in the second half - rather than starting - and gently ease him in.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We definitely shouldnt be putting other players out of position (Hedges is a right winger) to be trying to accomodate Dolan. He should be dropped, simple as that. 

My thinking with Hedges that, as a left footed player, he wouldn't have to constantly cut inside as he does on the right.

With either SG or Telalovic in the middle, an early whipped cross wouldn't go amiss.

But either way, Dolan shouldn't start on Weds.

59 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I hope you are right about Telalovic scoring. He came on at a difficult time in the match on Saturday - so will reserve judgement. He didn't look particularly quick - not slow - but no Bellamy. Difficult to assess his hold up play, as service was so poor. His miss when through on goal was interesting (when offside) as he showed vision to try to chip the keeper - poor execution, but right idea against an on rushing keeper.

That's why I don't agree. I thought Telalovic did well. Some decent touches and good through ball to Szmodics who should have scored. 

His chance I don't think was a chip but I shot stretching slightly where he tried to go high with his shot and hit it into the roof of the net 

I know I've trolled the lad mercilessly for being the Gurning Chump that he was whilst here (remember him sitting inert except for pulling stupid faces on the touchline whilst Rovers slumped to easy to avoid defeats??). However, in the game, the wily old bastard is well regarded and seems to have some modicum of respect amongst those who ply their trade as managers and coaches. Hence I am somewhat loathe to make the assumption that Tony Mowbray's Mackem Army will shuffle up to Ewood this week like lambs to the slaughter. No indeed I'd expect them to rock up in the knowledge that they finished above us in the league last season, full of new campaign beans and ready to exploit any signs of weakness shown by JDT's young warriors.

What do we know for sure?

1) TM sides regularly hit purple patches, only to suffer prolonged slides into near oblivion without any discernable reason - they've scored 8 in their last 2 fixtures, so perhaps their balls will be empty on Wednesday..

2) TM himself knows that Rovers continue to suffer from the glass jaw that plagued the team when he was the big gurning cheese here. He has nothing to prove, and nothing really to gain this early in the season, but he may well want a reason to get the deck chairs out in training in the North East sea fret ahead of their next outing...

3) JDT will be especially sensitive to being served up sloppy seconds by his team, given the credentials of his opposite number whose lipstick and rouge no doubt still linger on the toilet seats of the home dressing room.

4) Its JDT the cheeky chappy versus the Gurning Chump for fecks sake - absolutely anything could happen! Anything! Both have a mercurial streak, when it comes to consistent results and both seem to freeze rabbit like in the headlights when other teams suss their boys out....Let's hope our side have remembered to put new Duracell batteries in for the half time team talk

5) Never, EVER, follow the Chadster into the bogs (see immediately preceding post) - the man admits freely to chuffing down pre-match burger and chips from the on concourse concessions, and gets there early enough to encounter shady behind the scenes Indian 'advisers on football, finance, business, stadium maintenance, marketing, prayer rooms, choice of expensive piss beers on tap, generally what the fuck is he doing at the club' folk, which gives him well enough time to digest that foul fare and produce bog-blocking monsters stronger than the Riverside stanchions...

I'm going for a memorable but extremely difficult to watch goal fest ending either in a slightly deflating draw that finishes 5 apiece, or a heart-wrenching last gasp winner for the side who can keep their nerve and carry on punching till the death.

JDT to be sent to the stands for decking the Chump due to a 'lost in translation' misunderstanding about Lemon Drizzle Cake and a blow job in the communal baths from Bradley Dack's lip filler fuelled missus.

Dack himself, if he gets on the pitch, to huff, puff, and pout like a bastard until finally falling over his ankle socks in the 97th minute and doing himself another timber related injury.

And yes, I am on strong medication... 😉

COYB!

Edited by Shirley Crabtree Wrestler
Of course Venky's understand football... the same way that chickens understand nuggets..

I think its a match where we will struggle to cope with Sunderland coming forward, we have seen Hull and Boro forwards walk through defence at times without any challenges and the way sunderland set up is very similar, fast forwards with pace to burn.

Rovers might struggle a bit and it could be a game where there are a few goals scored at either end.

2-2

• Like 1

Hard to know who will play given the injuries on the weekend.... For what it's worth I would probably look to switch to 433 rather than 4231 as the two holding midfielders were getting overrrun on Saturday. Need an extra body in there. I am assuming Travis and Gallagher will sit it out due to their knocks. With Gallagher out and Ennis not fit leaves us with a choice of Telalovic or Leonard for number #9 which is not ideal.

Pears

Brittain      Carter      Hyam     Pickering

JRC      Wharton    Garret

Hedges     Telalovic   Szmodics

Subs :  Wahlstedt, Hill, Wharton, Tronstad, Moran, Leonard, Dolan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hard to know who will play given the injuries on the weekend.... For what it's worth I would probably look to switch to 433 rather than 4231 as the two holding midfielders were getting overrrun on Saturday. Need an extra body in there. I am assuming Travis and Gallagher will sit it out due to their knocks. With Gallagher out and Ennis not fit leaves us with a choice of Telalovic or Leonard for number #9 which is not ideal.

Pears

Brittain      Carter      Hyam     Pickering

JRC      Wharton    Garret

Hedges     Telalovic   Szmodics

Subs :  Wahlstedt, Hill, Wharton, Tronstad, Moran, Leonard, Dolan

For a big, strong looking bloke Gallagher isn't half injury prone.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why not?

Announcing it when it's never normally announced made it seem like 16,000 is some kind of achievement for us, which it obviously isn't - just all feels rather small-time. Also gets the opposition fans going.

Just stick it up on the scoreboard, job done.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, sabino said:

Silly question, but here goes,....

Do they show the live match video on the concourse screens in the BBE?

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Yes

Thanks. Season ticket BBE. Had first of 2 knee replacements and am unable to sit with leg bent for any length. Not been to any game yet, but might try watching from concourse on TV. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

Like every game in this league, will be difficult, all depends which team decides to turn up!

It wont happen, but going forward I wouldn't mind seeing either Markanday or Glisenan getting some more minutes with Moran over Dolan. I feel like they've got points to prove, where as dolans had his stint. 

Couldn't agree more!

We have far better options than Dolan and I'd rather develop our kids than persist with Dolan who can't play and isn't progressing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

Like every game in this league, will be difficult, all depends which team decides to turn up!

It wont happen, but going forward I wouldn't mind seeing either Markanday or Glisenan getting some more minutes with Moran over Dolan. I feel like they've got points to prove, where as dolans had his stint. 

Personally I  would put Dolan behind all the others you have mentioned. 

• Like 1