BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Gallagher out for "weeks" with calf injury 😡

Travis should be ok for tomorrow 

Jesus Gallagher can’t have little knocks can he…Every injury is out for weeks and it seems to happen every quarter - Let’s hope zeee German does a job.

Good news is Ekwah for Sunderland is injured and will miss the game. He’s been class for them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, martonrover said:

This is where the lack of our depth in our squad will hurt us.

We now have a choice between two strikers who are still learning their trade.

Could maybe go 4-3,-3 with Szmodics as a false nine ?

Not sure I'd even risk Travis with the busy schedule for the next few weeks. Can't afford to lose him for any length of time 

Pears

Brittain    Carter.      Hyam       Pickering

JRC.       Garrett.      Wharton

Hedges.    Szmodics.   Moran

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Its our midfield that are doing the goalscoring in any case

I know Gallagher isn’t the best in the air, but our squad lacks height. It’s a disadvantage to play with very little height in the side. 
By his standards, he’s had a decent start to the season.

We now have to chuck a young player in and hope he swims.

Cheers Venkys.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I don’t rate Gallagher, either, but that only further highlights our lack of depth, ie he is as good as we’ve got.

I don't believe that Gally is, the best of what we have got. He is the most experienced, of what we have got.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't believe that Gally is, the best of what we have got. He is the most experienced, of what we have got.

The Head Coach has been selecting him so, either way, he’s going to be missed.

10 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Could maybe go 4-3,-3 with Szmodics as a false nine ?

Not sure I'd even risk Travis with the busy schedule for the next few weeks. Can't afford to lose him for any length of time 

Pears

Brittain    Carter.      Hyam       Pickering

JRC.       Garrett.      Wharton

Hedges.    Szmodics.   Moran

Personally, I’d go with the new lad and see how he gets on.

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

The Head Coach has been selecting him so, either way, he’s going to be missed.

Personally, I’d go with the new lad and see how he gets on.

If the German lad steps up, and he will not get a better chance than this, then Gally will not be missed.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

If the German lad steps up, and he will not get a better chance than this, then Gally will not be missed.

Seems to be a shoot-out between Telalovic and Leonard. Hope one or both can take their chances to put themselves at the front of the queue (although it’s only one shirt to play for, I think the point still stands).

46 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Its our midfield that are doing the goalscoring in any case

Yeah, but while atrocious at finishing or linking up the play Gallagher is very good at pressing and running and physically disrupting the opposition back line with his power and pace. He's also very handy defensively at set pieces etc. 

My fear is when Leonard, Telalovic, Dolan etc come in we just lose the ability to put effective pressure on up front and we get pushed out.

Ennis really looked handy to me is the games he has played. Physical, knows where the goals is. Seems much more of a proper striker than Gallagher or BBD. He's the one I am looking at thinking he could make the difference. While we wait for him we're just gong to have to hope whoever fills in can step up.

• Like 3

Shame Gally is out for that long, and now leaves us with a bit of a head scratcher as to who comes in, not to mention being short up front with Ennis also out.

Here's my predicted team:

Pears

Brittain      Carter      Hyam       Pickering

Travis      A. Wharton     Szmodics

Hedges      Telalovic      Dolan

Dolan may have missed a sitter at when weekend and going forward he's been unconvincing, but Moran was much worse against Boro when he came on, he looked like such a soft touch. Dolan did seem to do more work off the ball down the left hand side as well.

Hearing that Dack is out with injury is a bit of a relief. Dreaded him coming back and scoring at Ewood before giving sticking 2 fingers up at JDT 😂.

• Like 1

We really need to think about getting Gally fit and moving him on in Jan for the money he's on it's just a waste now because he isn't that good when he plays.

Iv'e tended to defend him and there was a valid value for money argument when he plays most weeks and puts the graft in with the odd goal.  Surely by now though with the gaffer and set up we have we can find a better way to use 15/20k a week instead of it being in the treatment room or at home playing dad.

• Like 6

It doesnt help that out of 7 signings,2 are injured(Sigurdsson & Ennis),2 will be lucky to make the bench on what weve seen(Tronstad & Moran),& 2 arent currently needed but could be, injuries allowing(Wahlstedt & Hill). Leaves only Telalovic. Hope the lad does really well but shouldnt expect too much from German 4th Division. Better than Hirst or Chris Brown would be a start.

To tomphils point,yes lets get shut- we cant afford players not pulling their weight/always injured. No room for Jaden Sanchos/Paul Pogbas at Ewood!