BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

31 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Jack Clarke is an expert penalty con artist. Yes, he was kicked, he made damn sure of that. I wonder how many cons the cheating scumbag gets over a season. I wish him nothing but ill. 

Not one Rovers player complains. He just boots him.

23 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Must admit it was a well won penalty - he knew what he was doing. But if it had been the other way around, I would be congratulating the Rovers player that won it.

So would I, whilst denying the idea it was bought!

I just re watched it on Sunderland's YouTube extended highlights and got triggered.

Clarke sees Hedges is going to clear and sticks his leg out so contact is made with Hedges already committed.

Extended, including a twat in action

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not hard enough he got up soon enough to take the pen. I've seen Clarke quite a few times and he's a conman diver, as well as being a bloody good player.

I was reminded of Andre Gray winning the penalty against us at the Turd. The defender had no idea he was even there....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not hard enough he got up soon enough to take the pen. I've seen Clarke quite a few times and he's a conman diver, as well as being a bloody good player.

He is one of those annoying players but when Jack GRealish is idolised by the media as a God nothing is going to change.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Genuine question - is our style of play burning us out by half time?

In the last 4 games we've had more expected goals in the 2nd half once - compared to the opposition having more expected goals in the second half in all 4 games. 

image.thumb.png.f5c311152a522aac7ce7f844bec38bd3.png

In answer yes we are knackered but is also shows that there is little to back up our starting XI after they tire

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Genuine question - is our style of play burning us out by half time?

In the last 4 games we've had more expected goals in the 2nd half once - compared to the opposition having more expected goals in the second half in all 4 games. 

image.thumb.png.f5c311152a522aac7ce7f844bec38bd3.png

The plan as I see it, is to fly out the traps like mad men, get a few goals then reduce the tempo.

However.

When the goals don't come we have an issue!  Obviously can't maintain that tempo for 90 minutes, I don't believe we ever plan to though.

JDT and the team need to learn how to adapt and adjust the game plan if the goals don't come in the first 30.

When we lost games early last season we were dreadful, utterly dreadful.  So much so I wasn't sure JDT was the one.  In the games we've lost this season I don't think we've even been that bad at all for the most part.  Also believe we'll give someone an absolute pumping in a game when we're a little more fortunate in front of goal.

• Like 1

Took some of the early comments off the Sunderland forum:

5 minutes

Blackburn look confident and quick

Blackburn look class tbf.
Best team we’ve faced this season

look very decent these

Can’t get close to them at the moment

6 minutes

They look good. Playing quick and bypassing our midfield. Think Hedges is going to cause us problems

These look good on the ball

7 minutes

Blackburn playing really well so far tbf. We haven’t really got going at all.

They’re the first side this season to dominate us with the ball like this in any game so far

10 minutes

Jesus christ we should be 2-0 down or something here

Fuck me.
These are class

Being taken apart here so far

F**k me they’re all over us

11 minutes

Why the fuck are Blackburn playing like prime Barcelona 

Keep this up and we will get beat 5-0

Just playing straight through us.

12 minutes

How long to go.

Could be 4-0 already

comical this. they could have genuinely scored 3 or 4 already

13 minutes

Should be 4-0 down

How aren’t these 3 up?

Should be 3-0 down

Are these really Blackburn Rovers?

Getting battered here.

This is like Rocky versus Apollo Creed.

They’re taking the piss.

14 minutes

Like linford christie vs capt tom here

15 minutes

Are we playing Man City?!

They’re cutting us open everytime here mind.

This is a huge test, best team we've played so far.
I'll take 0 0 now.

At the moment we're being completely outpassed.

Looks like blackburn are on acid

These look very good mind

jesus i've never seen us get this battered for a while

Is this Dalglishes PL winning team come back from the grave?

• Like 7

Of course we shouldn't be daunted by playing Ipswich or Coventry. A side fresh out of League One and a side winless in 5. But playing the way we are particularly defensively we are going to face problems. A lot of it comes down to experience and know-how. Starting games at this level with teenagers across the pitch and having kids on the bench to turn to when struggling it is a big problem. One that was warned about but in the fervour to 'give the academy lads a chance' has been overlooked.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Crikey, just looked at the fixtures...it doesn't get any easier does it! The next three league games:

• Ipswich away
  • Leicester at home
  • Coventry away

Can't see more than a point or two from these. After that its QPR away and Cardiff at home, they will both be massively important games in the long term.

There are very few 'easy' games in this league. I'm not a fan of looking too far ahead fixtures-wise tbh. 

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:
29 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Crikey, just looked at the fixtures...it doesn't get any easier does it! The next three league games:

• Ipswich away
  • Leicester at home
  • Coventry away

Can't see more than a point or two from these. After that its QPR away and Cardiff at home, they will both be massively important games in the long term.

Well  hope you win at least the first two of those, it will help both you and us, pulled Ipswich and Leicester back into the pack.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Elliott Jackson is keen to maintain good relations, borne out by his match ratings.

Why do they reduce the concern of the goals conceded? We have looked massively vulnerable to counter attacks all season, which has made us look far more brittle. We have a small team so will naturally be vulnerable to set pieces, and by the way, our attacking ones continue to frustrate. And the error was from passing it out from the back.

As a team, not just from the goals conceded, we look far less secure this season, and Hyam and Carter have looked much shakier as a result.

I agree with him. If you look at the goals we weren't played through they were 2 individual errors and poor defending from a corner.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I agree with him. If you look at the goals we weren't played through they were 2 individual errors and poor defending from a corner.

But it doesnt make them any less valid or likely to re-occur. The Carter error was a direct result of the tactic to play out from the back. I also think we look succeptible to set pieces due to a lack of height and also we are very vulnerable to counter attacks.

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's been fantastic in his other CM cameos this season.

It was a difficult game to come on in as Garrett didn't pull up any trees either - and they were left with Dolan and Markanday as outlets. Zidane would struggle with those two upfront.

Much as I have liked him in previous appearances I would say Garrett's 20 mins was one of the worst midfield performances I have seen in a long time. 

The way we play asks a lot from our midfielders who are expected to turn and pass very quickly and very accurately with very little support, particularly in that central role that Wharton owns. When Garrett came on he couldn't do it all, to the point where you could see Hyam and Carter trying to avoid passing to him. 

What worried me was that we did not change the system when we obviously couldn't continue to play that way once Wharton went off. We just plugged away. We are going to need a plan B when Wharton is unavailable.

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But it doesnt make them any less valid or likely to re-occur. The Carter error was a direct result of the tactic to play out from the back. I also think we look succeptible to set pieces due to a lack of height and also we are very vulnerable to counter attacks.

I thought Tomasson was tactically poor last night. I was amazed how high the Sunderland defence were, quite often on the half way line when our defence had the ball. I think a smart tactic would have been the occasional ball over the top to get them turning and try and get in behind.

• Like 4

If Pears isnt replaced in goal more goalkeeping errors will occur, Id wager.

Good with his feet(the trendy thing for modern goalies yes agreed)but a poor shot-stopper. Better than Alan Fettis or Lutweiler certainly, but if JDT persists with Pears, the results are on him fair & square.

Its fair to say we have been spoilt with having some of the greatest goalies in the world at Ewood- Brad Freidel, Tim Flowers, David Raya, Roger Jones even....Thomas Kaminski,Paul Robinson and Jason Steele werent that bad!

So a high bar  yes and Aynsley Pears is underneath it for me.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I thought Tomasson was tactically poor last night. I was amazed how high the Sunderland defence were, quite often on the half way line when our defence had the ball. I think a smart tactic would have been the occasional ball over the top to get them turning and try and get in behind.

i agree,they were well set with two banks of four by the time our pretty passing had reached them,it`s very difficult to pass your way through then

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Much as I have liked him in previous appearances I would say Garrett's 20 mins was one of the worst midfield performances I have seen in a long time. 

The way we play asks a lot from our midfielders who are expected to turn and pass very quickly and very accurately with very little support, particularly in that central role that Wharton owns. When Garrett came on he couldn't do it all, to the point where you could see Hyam and Carter trying to avoid passing to him. 

What worried me was that we did not change the system when we obviously couldn't continue to play that way once Wharton went off. We just plugged away. We are going to need a plan B when Wharton is unavailable.

Plan B was loaned out to Sheff Wed to make way for the striker that never was.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, martonrover said:

I watched the pre-match routine where the players take shots at goal.

The number of times the target was missed altogether was an omen for the game.

You can play all the pretty football in the World, but it counts for nothing if you can't put the ball in the net.

I was right in front of this, 2nd row of the JW, by the Blackburn End and I honestly found the opposite.
Well, from the wrong players.

Brittain was sticking it into the top corner pretty much every shot. Both Whartons showed good finishing as well.

The forwards didn't fare as well, Leonard in particular wasn't getting much on his shots and they were easy saves for the GK.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

I was right in front of this, 2nd row of the JW, by the Blackburn End and I honestly found the opposite.
Well, from the wrong players.

Brittain was stick it into the top corner pretty much every shot. Both Whartons showed good finishing as well.

The forwards didn't fare as well, Leonard in particular wasn't getting much on his shots and they were easy saves for the GK.

For me there is too much emphasis on bending the ball into the corners. It should be a Shearer style hit the target as hard as you can.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Groundhog said:

Anyone close to the bench see Travis's reaction to being subbed? From the riverside I just saw a shirt being flung to the floor...

He was annoyed with himself, that was the reaction.

It wasn't petulance towards anyone/anywhere else, just internal frustration.

• Like 2