BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn End: Waggott Out

4 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

But that's just it, islander. He isn't a Director of Football. He never has been previously. Yet has been put in that role here. A role that is above him, imo.

An actual Director of Football comes up with better than Hirst, Telalovic and Ennis, in my view. That's even with our lowly budget.

The budget is dictating him going for those sort of targets.He is being hamstrung by the restrictions in place,even earlier in the summer he spoke of experience arriving none arrived.

I don't see these strikers banging them in at this level that we could have signed with the budget we have,not saying this sarcastically because I haven't kept that close on eye on it so if there is im willing to be corrected.And Telalovic was a last minute punt because we didn't have the budget to do anything else.

Hirst and Mola poor, Hill and Moran decent so far, I don't think there is a championship club that exists that hasn't made a number of signings that haven't worked out.

Our shit squad had us finish seventh last season and has us currently 7th ,it will take a bit of backing by the owners to take us up a level.

Last January was a fuck up when there seemingly was a bit of cash to spend and agreed not all signings have worked out so yeah agreed his job so far is questionable but some good things have happened also since he arrived like contracts being taken seriously and there has been some good signings aswell as bad so all things considered I think he is doing ok with what he is working under so Its just my opinion to say he is out of his depth is harsh at this point 

9 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

add clinton mola,george hirst and the lewis o`brien fiasco and you have broughtons level

I'm undecided about him, but am leaning towards him being inadequate.

The circumstances certainly don't help, and I think they make it more appropriate to have a more old fashioned set up, with a savvy manager who can wheel and deal, and knows what he wants.

Here, we have an inexperienced Director of Football thrusting random signings on an unhappy Head Coach.

Never going to work.

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

Dark forces still at work ?

Almost certainly and they never went away.

Put yourself in the owners position. The have thrown over £250 million away as we speak and now they are prepared to go to court to get permission to thrown another £11 million away.

If we believe what we are told, then they are still prepared to go back to go to court to get further permission, to throw even more away, because they are honourable people.

What a total load of shite and if you wrote that in a fictional novel, it would be rejected, for being too far fetched.

These people must think we are all morons. 

• Like 5

On 07/12/2023 at 12:59, islander200 said:

Hirst and Mola poor, Hill and Moran decent so far, I don't think there is a championship club that exists that hasn't made a number of signings that haven't worked out.

Hirst is interesting. He was scoring at Portsmouth before we got him and he's scoring regularly for Ipswich at the top of the League. For us he was utterly useless and didn't score a goal.

There has to be some story or other there!

So was he a bad signing or a good signing but one that didn't work for us for some reason?

We have 9k ST holders so an official gate of 11k is fine for a midweek in December with red button and a tiny away following. The ‘real’ crowd was so low because a load of ST holders didn’t trap as is often the case for midweeks. Last night meant nothing in isolation.

Generally want bigger crowds, sell more STs, simple as that… but obviously that won’t be happening until he finally fecks off.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Hirst is interesting. He was scoring at Portsmouth before we got him and he's scoring regularly for Ipswich at the top of the League. For us he was utterly useless and didn't score a goal.

So was he a bad signing or a good signing but one that didn't work for us for some reason?

It happens both ways this.

The two that immediately spring to mind are Gestede and Santa Cruz. Great for us, but so far as I remember poor elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

He was injured for quite a while before he came to us and didn't have much of a pre-season. He was never up to speed with what JDT wanted from him. 

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Just didn't fit what JDT needed is the honest truth of this one i think but he suited playing a more tradition no 9 role a league below.

Now hes filled out a bit as these young lads often do he's robust enough to cut it in the Championship in a side whose style suit his strengths rather than expose his weaknesses. Ipswich play a bit of old school aggressive stuff that is good to watch, no nonsense fannying around they get it into the box quickly from wide and often look to play off a central striker in there.

Some of the link up play from Hirst has been excellent and what we've missed for years but we don't play that way now so chances are if he was still here he'd still struggle.