BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn End: Waggott Out

9 minutes ago, Giant said:

My view is that the team need supporting to the hilt while the game is going on. Anything that detracts from this doesn’t help the players at all. 

The Blackburn End will, as usual be 100% behind the team. I think in this instance you would find the team 100% behind the supporters. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

Sorry for the ignorance, is this just a one off as a cost saving exercise or what?

It won't happen for league games but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again in the cups.... Depends on the opposition I suppose and being drawn at home. 

It's pathetic tbh. 

• Like 3

If Swag policy is to alienate the fans, he couldn't be doing a better job.

If he is sending a visual and aural message to Pune, he couldn't be doing a better job.

If he is undermining his own position with the two sets of people he depends on, he couldn't be doing a better job.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but there are some plays by people in power that just stink of trying to show dominance. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE.

It cannot cost insane amounts to open the bottom tier of a stand to a professional football team. All this shows to me is somebody in power is flexing and saying I can do as I please.

• Like 2

This decision was the final straw from me. He's bullshitted his way through hiking season ticket prices and other costcutting to the detriment of fans, but shutting down our main 'stand' for what must be tiny benefit (but more likely detriment) is idiotic, brainless and uncaring.

I hope he gets an attendance worthy of his dickhead decision. 

• Like 1

It’s interesting as to why he hasn’t been challenged on things he has done. He needs to be recorded and things played back to him on what he has said. That would be a start of watching him ‘squirm’.

The more we get at him, the more he’ll feel the heat. Make him as uncomfortable as possible. Just keep going at him.

Let the battle begin…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philipl said:

If Swag policy is to alienate the fans, he couldn't be doing a better job.

If he is sending a visual and aural message to Pune, he couldn't be doing a better job.

If he is undermining his own position with the two sets of people he depends on, he couldn't be doing a better job.

His remit is clearly to cut expenditure down to a certain level, determined in Pune I'd assume.

Just a well-paid lackey.

• Like 1

We never sell many before these games most are sold on the run up or night so lets not start rewriting history to try and justify closing an end.

We never get big crowds for them and there is always more in the JW than the BBE but that isn't the point at all.

• Like 1

He has a job to do and with Venkys once again pulling the drawbridge up on funding, he has to make cost savings, but he's got this one spectacularly wrong. 

He's banking on little or no reaction to the closure, I think thats a given, do people really care? Have we seen any statements from supporters groups so far? Maybe we have?

If nothing else fill it with school children or local charities for free, but don't close it......

Venkys out!

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4