BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn End: Waggott Out

27 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

The rot started 13-years ago, the rot continues to this day, and will continue for ever whilst they own our club.

It started before then - the Trust were neglecting the club long before the incumbents got their hands on the club.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

It started before then - the Trust were neglecting the club long before the incumbents got their hands on the club.

But they are the very least employed people who gave a fuck and had self respect.

Venkys are the problem no doubt, but waggot is such a piece of shit. I really hope that something terrible befalls the lot of them.

If it puts 500 or so people off attending which is a pretty good estimate i'd say then that is roughly 5 grand less in takings.

Probably what it costs to actually open that end anyway so it is totally and utterly pointless all it's doing is pissing people off needlessly.  Also of equal importance is absolutely shite for the team what happens if it goes to pens and we won the toss ?

Lets take them in front of a couple of thousand of our fans, er.... maybe not then.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Andy said:

They clearly did not want to run the football club but they had the decency to allow competent people to have the autocracy to make decisions which had just led us to a top half finish. The rot started when the sale went through.

• Like 5

We've seen cost cutting measures before, firstly with the closing of the Darwen End and then the Riverside for cup games.

But now to only offer 1 stand is just plain ridiculous.

If Waggott is that intent on penny pinching then he could have allowed the Blackburn End to stay open but instead close 2 out of the 4 sections of the JW stand. That stand operates as 4 seperate areas so could have easily been condensed. That way fans would still have had a choice between a side view or behind the goal.

The clowns that run our club never cease to amaze me.

• Like 5

Wouldn’t it be great and a big two fingers to waggott if we all got tickets in the JW lower and at 7.40 everyone just stepped over the fence and walked round to the bburn end and sat in there . Take our end back. If a few hundred did it I don’t think they could or would do anything 💪

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ben-2000 said:

We've seen cost cutting measures before, firstly with the closing of the Darwen End and then the Riverside for cup games.

But now to only offer 1 stand is just plain ridiculous.

If Waggott is that intent on penny pinching then he could have allowed the Blackburn End to stay open but instead close 2 out of the 4 sections of the JW stand. That stand operates as 4 seperate areas so could have easily been condensed. That way fans would still have had a choice between a side view or behind the goal.

The clowns that run our club never cease to amaze me.

Yes and the Cardiff fans could have been easily housed in an end section instead of the DE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yes and the Cardiff fans could have been easily housed in an end section instead of the DE.

Think this is on the cards. When tickets were originally released for Sunderland they were initially sent tickets in the Jack Walker.

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

The thing is I gather that the current 'effort' has cost the club thousands of pounds to install. Not only that but the moment we play a side with 5000+ fans, which Waggott will be hopeful of, those bin liners are going to need removing, and then relaying again afterwards (or chucking in the bin). It must be a time consuming job to pay people to go up there and cover thousands of seats up (even if you aren't bothered about it being off centre).

I've no idea how many Sunderland have shifted but expect they will be touch and go for the upper tier, so if they need removing for tomorrow night then the display will have only been in place for 4-5 home league games.

Surely it wouldn't have cost that much more to simply purchase white plastic seats and pay someone to do the job properly, in doing so it would look better, it would be permanent and allow use of the upper tier without the pain of removing and replacing it?

How many would be needed? 1500 or so in an area of 3000 seats? How much would they cost per unit? I'd be surprised if it was more than a couple of quid per plastic seat when buying in bulk.

It just screams typical off the hoof short termism like everything else down there. It is almost as though he doesnt have the authority to do anything of permanence so instead has to resort to these plastic temporary ideas. It just looks naff and causes more problems in the longer run.

I dunno how some plastic bin liners could possibly cost thousands at this scale. If they did, you can't expect him to source plastic seats for a couple quid each. Obviously not a shrewd operator.

The crazy thing is the easiest way to save money would have been to just not do it at all. It would have stayed totally under the radar. Instead he's spent money to score an own goal.

• Like 2

I do wonder what will be left of the Club by the time this abhorrent individual disembarks the gravy train- if you didnt know better, everything he does seems designed to piss supporters off and drive them away - from major calamities like raising prices during a pandemic, unsuccessfully attempting to flog off the training ground, and closing the Blackburn End to more minor irritants like the Waggott matchday tax and trying to charge for entry to Blues.

Have often thought that he'd be in paradise if instead of selling 10 k season tickets at £400 hypothetically he could sell 2k season tickets at 2 grand a pop and close nine tenths of the ground down.

How he's allowed to get away with what he does with barely a murmur of dissent from anyone I've absolutely no idea and whilst their financial input in the past has been commendablr, it's impossible to defend the owners when they continue to employ chances like this.

Andy Cole had it right.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I do wonder what will be left of the Club by the time this abhorrent individual disembarks the gravy train- if you didnt know better, everything he does seems designed to piss supporters off and drive them away - from major calamities like raising prices during a pandemic, unsuccessfully attempting to flog off the training ground, and closing the Blackburn End to more minor irritants like the Waggott matchday tax and trying to charge for entry to Blues.

Have often thought that he'd be in paradise if instead of selling 10 k season tickets at £400 hypothetically he could sell 2k season tickets at 2 grand a pop and close nine tenths of the ground down.

How he's allowed to get away with what he does with barely a murmur of dissent from anyone I've absolutely no idea and whilst their financial input in the past has been commendablr, it's impossible to defend the owners when they continue to employ chances like this.

Andy Cole had it right.

We all know who is to blame here.

• Like 1

Clearly the way to do this, if cost cutting is the primary concern, would be to stick the Cardiff fans in one side of the JW lower tier, close the Darwen End, let home fans have the rest of the JW stand and the BBE.

This is something I could understand even though my season ticket seat is in the area likely to be allocated to away fans. Opening even a quarter of the DE for the sake of 300 or so away fans would be daft from a financial and logistical point of view.

But even if the gate is a poor one there will certainly be more home fans wanting to go in the BBE than there will Cardiff fans coming. So surely the numbers say shut the DE first.

Trouble is the only language people like Waggott understand is that which ruffles their own feathers. He's got away with everything in his time at Rovers because there has been barely any scrutiny or discontent. He has only to deal with a handful of supporters at the forum meetings and friendly in-house / local media. I bet he can't believe how easy it is to do these things and get away with it.

• Like 7

On 20/09/2023 at 05:27, Oldgregg86 said:

Wouldn’t it be great and a big two fingers to waggott if we all got tickets in the JW lower and at 7.40 everyone just stepped over the fence and walked round to the bburn end and sat in there . Take our end back. If a few hundred did it I don’t think they could or would do anything 💪

Fans at some clubs probably would do, but as we know Rovers fans in general just sit and accept.

13 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Not one anti waggot chant from Ewood tonight 

Yep, such a passive fan base.

Also, if the club get wind that this could potentially happen it will result in more stewarding costs (because they will want to stop it) and therefore may be worth their while to do a U-turn on closing the BBE 😉

• Like 1

Maybe get a quick bit of marketing out to sort that.

The acronym to start this is SWIMS.

Steve Waggot It's MSeat.

• Like 1

For years I've been so fed up of this pretender, whilst he's in control of our club we're going nowhere. 

He's had such an easy ride since Mowbray got him to join over 6 years ago, it really is time more noise was made over this, otherwise he'll carry on picking up his 300k salary while us poor fans continue to suffer.

The decline of local journalism is very regrettable. People have lost a voice and democracy suffers.   

The likes of Peter White and Alf Thornton would have given the club and CEO both barrels in days gone by over the Blackburn End closure. It would have been a front page story, 144pt banner headlines

Such is progress. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, rigger said:

A chorus of : Scumbag Waggot, Scumbag Waggot, you're not fit to wear the tie, you're not fit to wear the tie.

You going to start the chant off? 

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The decline of local journalism is very regrettable. People have lost a voice and democracy suffers.   

The likes of Peter White and Alf Thornton would have given the club and CEO both barrels in days gone by over the Blackburn End closure. It would have been a front page story, 144pt banner headlines

Such is progress. 

have you even ask LT journalist Elliott Jackson to look into this and ask him to write a story on it? 

Lancs Live don't have a full time Rovers reporter anymore. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You going to start the chant off? 

have you even ask LT journalist Elliott Jackson to look into this and ask him to write a story on it? 

Lancs Live don't have a full time Rovers reporter anymore. 

I've just sent him a tweet to ask if he could contact the club (specifically Waggott)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shouldn't have to matey

If he doesn't know a story when it hits him on the nose then he shouldn't be a journalist

Perhaps he doesn't wants to upset his chums at Ewood

• Like 3

We Are The Rovers met with Steve Waggott yesterday. Obviously the issue of closing the Blackburn End for the Cardiff game was high on the agenda.

Firstly we conveyed our disappointment with the decision and the strength of feeling within the fanbase.

The response was that uptake for the game was expected to be extremely low. At present it looks like a crowd of around 2,000 with less than 1,500 tickets sold. Whether this is a cause or a symptom of the closure of the Blackburn End is another question, but it’s pretty horrifying.

It’s a financial decision based on numbers. We asked if it would’ve been possible to house the visiting supporters in an area of the Jack Walker stand and open the Blackburn End instead of the Darwen End. This would’ve meant that a police presence would be required which would have had an additional cost higher than opening an extra stand.

There was an acknowledgement that the communication needed to be better around the whole decision.