BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn End: Waggott Out

I get it that we've got to make cost savings - but this is surely counter-productive.

The alternative to making cost savings is increasing revenue. Making the tickets affordable and getting young fans/potential fans through the turnstiles is surely a better idea. 

It'd be like me looking to make cost savings at home and cutting my water off. 

• Like 3

8 days to KO, most tickets for early round cup ties are sold on the day of/day before the game. So he can still salvage the situation by opening it for sales this week.

A real leader would put his hand up, realise he’s unnecessarily antagonised loyal supporters and get it open, on a practical level no harm done… however this charlatan strutting around in a club tie who somehow gets to run this prestigious football club has neither the humility nor the nous to do such a thing.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

I can't think of one thing Waggott has done to move our club forward.

I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could spit - the Brockhall debacle said it all.

To close the most vociferous area of the ground for a competitive match is beyond the pale.

Sadly, I think we have an executive management that provides no leadership and operate in an uninspirational, unimaginative and nous free zone - coupled with, IMO, our incompetent owners we are fecked.  Without a manager of JDT's calibre, I think there is a real risk we could crash through the divisions. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, 47er said:

His remit is clearly to cut expenditure down to a certain level, determined in Pune I'd assume.

Just a well grossly over-paid lackey.

Fixed that for you..

The man has not one iota of common sense or decency about him, and he appears so far disconnected from the actual fan base THAT HE SERVES, he might as well be sitting at a desk in Pune, instead of swanning around like Croesus in the Ewood environs.

WAGGOTT OUT!

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I can't think of one thing Waggott has done to move our club forward.

I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could spit - the Brockhall debacle said it all.

To close the most vociferous area of the ground for a competitive match is beyond the pale.

Sadly, I think we have an executive management that provides no leadership and operate in an uninspirational, unimaginative and nous free zone - coupled with, IMO, our incompetent owners we are fecked.  Without a manager of JDT's calibre, I think there is a real risk we could crash through the divisions. 

Not give Mowbray a new contract? Hire JDT?

What have the Romans every done for us...........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

The guy is an absolute disgrace and no one should underestimate how much he is, at best, holding our club back. He was so far out of his depth scratting around for a manager until Broughton arrived on the scene and bought JDT in.

Hopefully he's made a crucial misjudgement here and even the most passive of supporters will not accept this red line being crossed. Name me one other instance where a club has closed its home end for a competitive fixture.

If this is meekly accepted....... 'well its a one off'.........'its only a cup game'...etc etc,  how much lower can we be dragged down? Why not just use the Leyland FC ground, or Leigh sports stadium like the Women or Under 21's for Carabo Cup games? I'm sure some would argue 'well it's only first round at home against league 2 opposition' 

This needs to stop here and now. 

I can't think of a more appropriate fixture for the crowd to turn on Waggott with the guy responsible for bringing him here in the first place in the opposition dugout.

Edited by BlueBro
Omitted word
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Gav said:

Probably didn't have much to do with any of that i'd stake my last quid on he'd have preferred to give the plodder another contract rather than the hassle of change.

Just doesn't strike me as having that much forward thinking unless it involved cost cutting.

• Like 1

Got to agree on the bin liners for the terribly done ROVERS in the Darwen End too. Tacky and crap. Like most on first viewing I naturally presumed they'd installed some white seating to do a smart job of it but of course not.... absolutely laughable it's still there!

2 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Got to agree on the bin liners for the terribly done ROVERS in the Darwen End too. Tacky and crap. Like most on first viewing I naturally presumed they'd installed some white seating to do a smart job of it but of course not.... absolutely laughable it's still there!

The thing is I gather that the current 'effort' has cost the club thousands of pounds to install. Not only that but the moment we play a side with 5000+ fans, which Waggott will be hopeful of, those bin liners are going to need removing, and then relaying again afterwards (or chucking in the bin). It must be a time consuming job to pay people to go up there and cover thousands of seats up (even if you aren't bothered about it being off centre).

I've no idea how many Sunderland have shifted but expect they will be touch and go for the upper tier, so if they need removing for tomorrow night then the display will have only been in place for 4-5 home league games.

Surely it wouldn't have cost that much more to simply purchase white plastic seats and pay someone to do the job properly, in doing so it would look better, it would be permanent and allow use of the upper tier without the pain of removing and replacing it?

How many would be needed? 1500 or so in an area of 3000 seats? How much would they cost per unit? I'd be surprised if it was more than a couple of quid per plastic seat when buying in bulk.

It just screams typical off the hoof short termism like everything else down there. It is almost as though he doesnt have the authority to do anything of permanence so instead has to resort to these plastic temporary ideas. It just looks naff and causes more problems in the longer run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost7 said:

To be expected from a second hand car salesman. The shirt sponsor another good example.

The guy's head is in the gutter.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Why have these meeting with Rovers if no one is asking him any questions about such topics. Saying nothing is playing into their hands, that we as fans are accepting the decisions Waggotts making. 

Hang on a minute, it was raised and the club were given a hard time from a few members of the forum. We can’t help Waggott not being there in fairness.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hang on a minute, it was raised and the club were given a hard time from a few members of the forum. We can’t help Waggott not being there in fairness.

Out of interest, did the powers that be give a figure of how much is saved by closing the Blackburn End? This isn't a dig BTW.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

sure the leeds and north end fans will oblige and dispose them kindly😂

• Like 1