BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn End: Waggott Out

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's infuriating though right, he'll say to the owners of whoever and be like "see we had to close that end due to lack of attendance" when in reality he's fucking it all up.

swag is the sort of person who always has an ulterior motive,there will be something behind this closure issue

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you will get the same stock reply from his p.a christina😥

aye i got the same ...virtual pa got a fully loaded capital response .

There are a number of factors to consider when creating the operational plan for a matchday and the decisions made are based on these. 

Initially we review what the anticipated attendance is going to be and then measure this against the financial cost of opening the entire stadium.

For the first round of the Carabao Cup; BRFC V Walsall, we attracted an attendance of just over 6,000 supporters. There were fewer than 2,000 supporters in the Blackburn End for this fixture, which is less than 50% capacity for the lower tier. Due to the make-up of the stadium, once the decision is made to open a stand, the staffing of that area remains the same whether the stand is at capacity or accommodating fewer than 500 supporters. 

For this week’s fixture, although we expect an attendance similar to that of the Walsall game, with just over 48 hours to go, we have sold just over 2,500 tickets. The Jack Walker Stand has a total capacity of 11,000 seats, which will adequately cater for the demand. We do appreciate that many of our long-standing supporters sit in the Blackburn End and would argue that this stand is affectionately referred to as the home end, but the Jack Walker Stand can be relied upon to accommodate all supporters with ease, provides a better backdrop for the broadcast footage and ultimately it will help us to manage costs at a time when all costs have to be carefully considered. 

I’m sure you can appreciate and understand why the Club has taken the relevant measures on this occasion. Of course, these decisions will be reviewed on a match-by-match basis should we progress further in the competition, as we hope to do.

Thanking you for your continued support.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

There are a number of factors to consider when creating the operational plan for a matchday and the decisions made are based on these. 

Initially we review what the anticipated attendance is going to be and then measure this against the financial cost of opening the entire stadium.

For the first round of the Carabao Cup; BRFC V Walsall, we attracted an attendance of just over 6,000 supporters. There were fewer than 2,000 supporters in the Blackburn End for this fixture, which is less than 50% capacity for the lower tier. Due to the make-up of the stadium, once the decision is made to open a stand, the staffing of that area remains the same whether the stand is at capacity or accommodating fewer than 500 supporters. 

For this week’s fixture, although we expect an attendance similar to that of the Walsall game, with just over 48 hours to go, we have sold just over 2,500 tickets. The Jack Walker Stand has a total capacity of 11,000 seats, which will adequately cater for the demand. We do appreciate that many of our long-standing supporters sit in the Blackburn End and would argue that this stand is affectionately referred to as the home end, but the Jack Walker Stand can be relied upon to accommodate all supporters with ease, provides a better backdrop for the broadcast footage and ultimately it will help us to manage costs at a time when all costs have to be carefully considered. 

I’m sure you can appreciate and understand why the Club has taken the relevant measures on this occasion. Of course, these decisions will be reviewed on a match-by-match basis should we progress further in the competition, as we hope to do.

I replied, to point out some faults in their thought processes.

On 24/09/2023 at 14:36, chaddyrovers said:

Good to see you back on here @ABBEY

exactly Josh. 

Kids for quid, get schools, churches, youth clubs, mosques all involved. Instead we shown no imagination and just go down the cost saving route again

cheers , last person I expected welcoming ha 

should of said to cardiff.. £5 adults and kids free. 

To me its waggot and venkys reopening old wounds and antagonising the fans again . Why ? I dont know. 

5 minutes ago, Mhead2 said:

sw4ggott@rovers.co.uk

After this the Riverside will be seen as fit/unfit for closure.

Managed Decline.

That can't be it hahaha

100% this isn't even accessed by him, just his PA

There's no way he replies to corporate emails with that address

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's infuriating though right, he'll say to the owners of whoever and be like "see we had to close that end due to lack of attendance" when in reality he's fucking it all up.

Correct, the utter incompetence of this decision is as clear as the nose on Swag’s face. Having seen everything over this last 13 years, I honestly think this is the worst decision ever made. Absolutely crazy to all but a blind man, I am absolutely livid about this, it really does defy all logic and common sense.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm sure this is going down well with JDT and GB who already appear to think he's a tosser.

Looks better on tv though....with a block of five thousand totally empty seats to the right, great for the players also 🫢

Make that 8,000 empty seats in the BBE ☹️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

That’s a very cold, business like reply. It just emphasises that he doesn’t understand Rovers fans - or probably fans of any club.

He might as well just have said “it saves money, tough”.

I don’t think Waggott or Blackburn Rovers and the fans have anything in common at all.

Maybe 'W4gg0tt' could spend Wednesday evening in his office rather than on his arse in the free prawn sandwich area and try to work out how / why we are looking like having the same or less on Ewood for a 3rd round game v Championship opposition as we got in the 1st round v League Two opposition, after a brilliant 8-0 win in the 2nd round. 

You would, of course, expect numbers to at the very least hold steady if not increase substantially, yet according to their own figures we are currently well short and the tone of their email seems to suggest they aren't expecting many more. 

Of course if we get less than 7000 rather than seize the opportunity with seeming relish to shut down a home section and save a few quid on paying less stewards and catering staff the appropriate response would be for the head of the organisation to investigate how and why the hell we seem to be going backwards on numbers despite advancing in the competition.

Maybe, just maybe, the answer to that lies in his policies and schemes. Some recognition and acceptance of that would be nice., followed quickly by his resignation as once again his desperate bid to save a few quid in the short term has backfired and cost the club more in the longer term. 

Edited by JHRover

10 hours ago, ABBEY said:

I’d love to hear the argument for why it isn’t the home end…

Instead of thinking of ways to increase the crowd they’d rather shove them all in front of the cameras so it ‘looks good on the tele’.

Edited by wilsdenrover