BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn End: Waggott Out

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Latest Rovers accounts, another £20m loss due to no player sales. Wages to revenue down but still high

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1198225169?-11198:839

I wonder how long this can go on, perhaps the town can no longer afford football at this level?

I know who's fault it is and it's irrelevant, we are where we are.

How do other clubs manage? Those that don't have parachute payments?

54 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We don’t need a programme or a radio station or RoverVision or a town centre shop or kits for months on end or three of the stands so what do we need a website for?

Bloody hell, doesn’t that just illustrate the horrendous journey we have been on in dumbing down this once well run, proud and historic club. Shame on you Venkys, shame on you SWAG.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I wonder how long this can go on, perhaps the town can no longer afford football at this level?

I know who's fault it is and it's irrelevant, we are where we are.

How do other clubs manage? Those that don't have parachute payments?

It is absolutely relevant as it is the only reason we are where we are.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

If you're asking how successful smaller clubs do it, they do things properly and maximise their supporter base... Sometimes all that takes is a present and interested owner.

We haven't got that owner.

I don't think we can generate the required £20m per year from our support.

How do, for example, Preston do it, perhaps they have large debts too?

12 minutes ago, JohnD said:

This is where selling a player or two at the right time and then reinvesting that money wisely comes in.

It is the Brentford model.

Unfortunately we are run by liars and charlatans who have no intention of doing anything of the sort. People who make it up on a whim, slash budgets overnight during transfer windows, who allow £30 million of assets to walk for nothing because they can't be arsed dealing with new contracts.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JohnD said:

90%+ of the league are in the same boat. PNE have very similar finance sheets to ourselves. QPR lost £24m last year, West Brom are teetering on the edge, Birmingham are yearly looking like points deductions (Bellingham basically saved the club) with half a stadium in disrepair. Stoke lost £18m when you take away the owners wiping debt last year and Bristol City lost £29m (they actually lost £39m the year before too)! Cardiffs parachute payments ended and revenue dropped from £35m to £20m meaning they lost £29m! Reading took a few years to burst but it got there etc. etc.

Essentially parachute payments mean you're okay for a few years taking a gamble, then it's impossible to not make a loss in reality bar selling a once in a generation player (Bellingham), it just varies how big that loss is, unless you're a bigger income team perhaps (Leeds/Sunderland could operate to profit if their wages were controlled)

What we need to do is improve our commercial operation (ST sales are a drop in the ocean on our wider balance sheet so actually try and do something different like PNE / Bolton have done), and actually sell our assets when they're at their peak (Diaz, Rothwell, Lenihan)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3